Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:02:11 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  The Church (Moderator: Altair De Nostra)
| | |-+  Trial: Sacrifice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trial: Sacrifice  (Read 1411 times)
Danaeyl
Initiate
Cove Command
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:56:09 pm »

Preceptor,

I hath begun the inclusion of Church Servant Drachen in our research. After discussing her knowledge and capabilities with her at some length, I hath set her on some preliminary tasks with respect to discovering the special nature of the foul magics that the Arisen doth draw upon, and moreover to gain insight into the specific mages and necromancers that ride under their evil banner so they may be best combated strategically by us and the army. Though I do not expect her research on this latter point especially will be exhaustive, any information wilt be a boon, for their ranks hath been shrouded in mystery for too long.

Having my suspicions, I asked the fallen arcanist outright if she had had any exposure to necromancy in the past, to which I believe she answered true that she hath encountered it but finds it repulsive. I saw no lie in her eye, but arcanists are most skilled at deception and I suggest we keep an eye on this. For if she hath not already dabbled, due to her weak will she may fall to its dark influence in the coming years, through exposure to the Undead. Nonetheless, I am for now convinced enough of her disgust at the death magic that she can undertake this task without excessive fear of her corruption.

We await her output whenceforth I shalt write again on this matter.

Initiate

Danaeyl
Initiate
Cove Command
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 11:22:27 am »

Father,

I attach correspondence with the former Church servant Arcanist Drachen with respect of the completion of this trial, notwithstanding my long term commitment to continuing to work with her in a more independent capacity on this matter should something arise within her area of expertise.

(A small bundle of letters is enclosed: http://cove.sugeworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=16294.msg102427#msg102427).

Initiate Danaeyl

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length