Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:47:44 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  The Summer Faire
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Summer Faire  (Read 3151 times)
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2018, 12:51:08 am »

The Summer Faire

In attendence:-
Please reply in this thread if ye attended many thanks.  Folk were in and out all the time, unable to keep track of attendees.

*Axiana holds her head in her hands.  The day had begun with a thumping headache and had ended with one, how had it come to be?*

I had been in Cove town, near the bank when I saw him.  In an instant, the memory of why I was even there, had gone.  His thinning grey hair looked like silver in the moonlight and moved with the light breeze.  His face was half masked in darkness.  I stood their watching.

"Ullo Lass".  He was looking at me now.  I've never been caught ogling at anyone before, and initially looked about for anywhere else to be.  I was embarrased, to say the least, but recovered myself quickly and began to walk towards him.  As I approached, I could see items littered upon the ground.  "What are you doing here?", I asked.  His answer was evasive.  Another question led me to discover that the Baron had recently been in the area and discarded unrequired items!  To think, our Baron, is a litter bug?!

One item there caught my eye in particular... I'd recognise that design and the colouring on the label anywhere!  A rare vintage wine, no longer obtainable... 'Rose d' Cove'.  The idea of saving it for later had occured to me, but there was no point in drinking it alone, and I didn't!  It did not taste quite as well as I had remembered.  One glass led to another and well... I don't remember much after a number of glasses.  I awoke late the next day with a thumping headache.

I had thought that my headache would clear by the time church mass started, but alas it was not to be in this case, and Sir Hugo's voice reverbarated through my head for the duration.  The consequences for not attending, I imagined, would be far worse.   I won't deny though, that the Cathedral was a sight to behold, and took my mind off my discomfort for a while.

After mass it was not long before our good folk descended upon memorial square,  including the Baron himself!  Who I was inwardly cursing for leaving behind a bottle of headbanging wine near the bank.

I was most thankful for those that were able to help.  Yukina Kazami provided the food and beverage for the occasion, but from what I understand there was an incident of food poisoning? how unfortunate.  Sarah Keres, a fine blacksmith, was able to assist at short notice, since Dalla was taken ill.  Leso Varen took a stall reading palms and telling fortunes apparently, whilst Ilyana performed various tricks to entertain our attendees. Carolin Argon assisted me with ticket selling and the archery game.  Saerandir took charge of the large roasting boar on the spit.  Khae offered a service involving leather, I believe? and the Baron's Adjutant, Shadwell made a fine announcer for the Joust.

It is true that I was knocked from my horse and was unconscious during the rehearsal for the jousting show.  So because of this I had added extra padding inside my armor but especially to the helmet.  What can I say!  I must be a glutton for punishment.  Since having been knocked from my horse twice by our Liege.  I now feel and look like I have been battered by the Vesperian Horde, not very lady like at all (examines various bruises over her body from the joust).  I'm lucky to be alive!  But above all I have another headache.

There was no time to draw the winner of the raffle, that eve, a battle was about to begin.  I will call upon the Captain at a later date to draw the winning raffle tickets (assuming he survives that is), and announce the winners in due course.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:14:19 am by Axiana » Logged

Crowley Graves
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 01:58:37 am »

I attended and it was an enjoyable evening, ma'am. I especially enjoyed the jousting, the archery competition, and the magic tricks. Jolly good!

SIGNED
Graves
*Sealed by Office of Bailiff*

Aureline Eroecia
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 08:43:10 am »

I came. Enjoyed watching all the on going  Smiley
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 11:20:08 am »

I attended.

Khaelieth.
Tingleith
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 01:57:19 pm »

I attended mainly kept an eye out for suspicious visitors, me and Regular Scout, Sergio managed to route out an unwanted guest in a hooded robe.

Also thankfully nobody consumed anything from the gift bag of food you recieved I ehh dipped into it out of hunger,turns out everything was laced with poison, So I took it to the forest and cremated it.

Signed, Chelly Rothsmire

Badges Held = "Untrusted Hair".
Mentee Of Regular Grenadier "Raven"
Self Proclaimed "Liberator" Of Nujel'm.
Nujel'm Campaign.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 05:20:32 pm »

I was there!

- Sarah Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
The Paymaster
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 05:00:41 am »

For her efforts in organizing and reporting this event, Axiana is awarded 30 Shillings.

The following civilians are awarded 10 Shillings apiece for services rendered for or offered at the faire:
  • Yukina Kazami
  • Carolin Argon
  • Sarah Keres
  • Leso Varen
  • Khaelieth

The following civilians are awarded 5 Shillings apiece for simple attendance:
  • Crowley Graves
  • Aureline Eroecia
  • Aleysha Malone

If you are not on this list, sign your name below to receive your rewards.
The Paymaster
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 12:10:31 pm »

An additional 20 shillings is awarded to Axiana Masteen for her attention to the Memorial Square's decoration for the Summer Faire.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length