Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:31 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  The Church (Moderator: Altair De Nostra)
| | |-+  Nujel'm Victory: Templi Battle Report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nujel'm Victory: Templi Battle Report  (Read 1748 times)
Danaeyl
Initiate
Cove Command
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2018, 01:04:46 am »

Preceptor; Brothers; Sisters,

Thoust wilst have heard the glorious news that the Vesperian army hath sued for peace in the war against Cove. Despite driving us back previously, their lack of Faith hath left them unable to persevere through the crushing retaliation by our forces. All that remains now is the terms of their surrender. I write this closing report of the affair from the perspective of the front lines, where I hath seen each stage of the battle play out. It is clear to me now that our previous defeat was merely a part of His greater plan. Though my previous report spoke of bitter defeat, I shalt not be so quick to doubt His blessing of our cause again.

Many noble warriors hath fallen in this bloody battle, and despite seeing many cleaved entwain by the Vesperian hordes, their souls free but their blood soaking the cold night sands, I remind myself that the heretics are this way because they hath not yet been granted His light. We art now in a better position to provide it, and I know we shalt not squander it.

Templi present
Ulrich Malberg , Knight Templar: 1 battle (Battle two)
Roland Dagorian, Knight Templar: 1 battle (Battle three)
Initiate Danaeyl, Templi Initiate: 4 battles (Battles one, two, three, four)
Mordred Cassius, Squire: 1 battle (Battle two)

The first assault by the Vesperian by boat was thwarted. Though the Vesperian came out strong, we had the edge in tactical organisation as well as a reasonable numerical advantage. They crashed against our lines and splintered along the shore, and though they stuck in small packs, we nonetheless routed them. In this battle, the heathens immediately set upon me and almost ended me within the first few moments of battle. However, Avatar provided His protection, and thereafter their could not break through my armour nor shieldwork. We then scoured the streets of Nujel'm for the remaining forces, delivering a decisive blow.

They tried again, but the Covian and Yewish forces far outweighed their assault, and they stood little chance. This bode well, but led to complacency. For after this, the Vesperian dishonourably, but cleverly, fed the Covian military false intelligence on their numbers, leading the Yewish to decide, unilaterally, to defend another tactical point. However, they had managed to bolster their numbers beyond what we had expected, and defeated us, leaving many dead in the sand. Those of us who survived soon heard that they had then turned their bloodlust to the Yewish forces elsewhere, and decimated them.

Bringing us to the final skirmish which led to their surrender: they tried to assault the palace gates in a desperate attempt to seize control of Nujel'm, but were thwarted by our positional and numerical advantage. As wave after wave of red warrior fell, their dejection was plain to see on the battlefield, as many began to flee. For, while both sides faced a crisis of their alliance in this war, ours is made from common values, whilst theirs was made from bargains forged in gold. When pulled tight, ours frayed but remained taut, whilst theirs tore. Though options remained to them, their resolve was broken. And thus the war was won.

The beach front was especially bloody, though in the end this was not in vain.

The Vesperian was particularly adept at fighting in the street, where they did scurry with great effect, but once led into an open space or cornered, fell more easily. We should note this.

Avatar provided us with the opportunity to fell the wytch that accosted me in New Haven so long ago. We did not flinch. Though word hath reached that she survived the encounter through her magiks, she will have cause to think twice before crossing our path again.

Their final push into the palace was doomed to failure, where the remaining forces were dealt with. From the walls thereafter, one could see their allies fleeing, and the Vesperian having no choice but to retreat.

We hath extended a hand, their salvation is now in their hands. Though much remains to be done, this is a noteworthy victory in the name of Avatar.

Virtus unita fortiori

Initiate Danaeyl
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:26:22 am by Danaeyl » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length