Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:31:12 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  The Church (Moderator: Altair De Nostra)
| | |-+  Doom Incursion: Templi Battle Report.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Doom Incursion: Templi Battle Report.  (Read 1409 times)
Casseiul
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2018, 10:12:28 am »

Templi Present:

Roland Dagorian, Knight Templar.

Mordred Casseiul, Squire.

Date:

Second Day of September.

Barony of Cove, muster point. Malas, the Doom Gauntlet.

Preceptor, on the second day of September following mass and the prideful victory parades to conclude the Baronial war with the Vesper heratics, did a host of volunteer soldiers from the Alliance of Cove and Yew muster outside the barracks with the intentions to begin armed incursions into the Doom Gauntlet, located within the region of Malas.

Sir Roland Dagorian, and myself Mordred Casseiul did accompany this said host to provide strength of arms and spirit with sword and prayers, our faith to guide them and our swords to support them, praise the Avatar for his knights would be required on such a ardous path.

We hath began the incursions with the muster and stepping through thee summoned portal to find ourselves within a dark and uncertain location, the Doom is by all means a most wretched hive of the guardians villianry, the scent of evil and malice filling the damp sickly air we breathed, the walls of the dungeon ancient and latched with old webs and chains, a dungeon once now a bastion of the guardians damned.

Torches were lit, the bright flames fighting the enroaching darkness that sourrounded our companions, and sword axe and mace drawn, vigal to do battle with the hosts that awaited, and soon to come they did as melee broke out through the ancient hallways and passages, combined with our mantra of prayer did we free the walking corpses that came our way from the guardians servitude, praise the Avatar for no matter how vile this nest was he was with us in spirit and lent us courage and valour to continue the fight.

As the melee's died down our host found ourselves before a most bewitching sight the pentagram, carved five times into the ground and stones of a bygone age sourrounding them, we had little time to catch our breathes, for the guardians mad flock descended upon us again, the walking dead from all angles as tutored to me in my martial training, came upon us wildly, we applied the tools of our trade and with fire and sword dispatched them, piling there red bones high to bait fourth a greater evil.

In Hoc Signo Vinces!

Come fourth it did and as the last of the corpses fell did the atmosphere grow with heightened evil, and from the pile of bones did emerge a servant of the guardian, greater in height than any of the host, battle is a confusing sight but I swear I saw the black cloak of my peer charge first, the sight of a templar knight in warfare is one to behold and aspire to, his warcry that of the churches tounge ' Non Nobis,Domine,Non Nobis, Sed Nomini tuo da Gloriam!', I followed the example of my peer and did the crashing sound of our hosts arms and armour follow suite, a wave of steel and divine action carried by the might of the Avatar enougth to destroy this greater evil.

As the evil slowly dispersed and the dust settled, we found ourselves the victors, giving our joint prayers to the Avatar and pleasing him I hope with our displays of courage and valour, the first victory was but a slant to cleansing our world of the guardians taint.

The combined forces gathered our strengh and pressed onwards, again melees erupted through the ancient hallways and passages, the undead comming from the shadows to assail us bringing only the desire of death with them, and receiving there own offer back, freeing them of the guardians servitude, the doom gauntlet consists of many older hallways and passages but always concludes with a new chamber, and within each chamber expect to find little rest but much opposition. We found ourselves through such a chamber and the size of the foes we now did battle with grew larger than any man I have seen, relentless and savage describes these foes the best always unholy in sight.

They came upon us again and our militant host was beset on all sides, they crashed against us like water does rock, our mantra and prayers lending us spiritual strength as we held the tide clear refusing to yield the foe unlike man never tired Sir Roland Dagorian again organised the forces and we charged with the divine fury of our faith, cutting down the relentless adversary and gracefully granting them to rest.

With no opposition we took time to rest and replenish ourselves, arrows needed gathering and wounds needed tending to, some broke out whetstones and sharpened there weapons, then we said prayers and continued to the next chamber no doubt another one of the guardians upper echelon awaiting us.

The next chamber was very odd I sighted a lifeless vessel a boat under here docked, close to it a shrine of sorts with a bell. And with this bell one must summon a ferryman forwards, the cost is weighed in gold though I did not pay the fee another did a leader of our host, and we crossed the lake and when we landed no foes awaited, I understand this is the part where the Doom adds on the name of Gauntlet and where the fighting would only grow more vicious.

And more vicious did the fighting become where despite our prayers and force off arms did we take many hard blows, I write this from a desk with the aid of a brother much more learned in writing, for my body has taken many a wound, I thank the Avatar praise him for his protection, as the rest of the nights events become more unclear to me, I remember fighting hard pressed within another chamber emerging victorius only to enter another where we were set upon by multiple beasts that only doubled as you slew them, where there was much chaos and disorder, and many a fighting man was struck down hard, myself included in the lists, regardless we had won that encounter this is as much as I know but my fight ended there and I departed with Sir Roland Dagorian, and others of the host not in defeat but with tactical withdrawel.

There shall be much more bloodshed before the Guardians flock are laid low here, I have faith it can be achieved.

I conclude this battle report Preceptor.

Signed

Mordred Casseiul, Squire.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:45:53 pm by Casseiul » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length