Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:29:12 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report - The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report - The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors  (Read 1404 times)
Sheriam Palmer
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2018, 07:20:29 pm »

Attending:

Kelly Sanderson, Sergeant and Leading
Raiden Morana, Captain
Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet
Saerandir, Junior Guardsman
Avalynn Vale, Junior Grenadier
Sheriam Palmer, Junior Guardsman

Report:

We were stood about discussing the latest in Covian gossip when the Sergeant showed up and brought us all into a line. Apparently there had been disturbing reports up near Altmere of some deadite activity. I hadn't seen any personally, nothing major since Gar's passing, but I had heard there were sightings by other Covians. Just our luck really, for this to crop up so soon after we celebrate peace with Vesper.

We all force marched it to Altmere and started building our sentry. Yet another sentry this week, by this time my hatchet was looking ten years old but I only had it made a couple of weeks ago. The Captain joined us just as night fell, there was an ominous mood in the air, almost too quiet as we worked on our sentry. Where were the birds, the animals sounds? I heard a howl but it was no wolf howl.

Saerandir and I were out trying to gather hides when the first one struck. It was in a brown robe and leaped at me out of the dark, poisoned kryss at the fore. I quickly got in a lucky parry and a good return swipe with my broadsword. Upon hearing the noise Saerandir came running, at the sight of two of us the deadite hissed and ran off. We fell back to the sentry and formed up on the Sergeant.

Four more of the creatures came out of the night, chanting evil hymns. One had flames licking from their fingers, one hovered in the air on black wings. Finally their leader showed, mounted on some nightmarish steed, alone as tall as a man. As they approached I kneeled and lit my torch, holding it high and slotted it in the closest wall of the sentry. If we were to survive this night we would need the Avatar's light to drive back the darkness.

They came at us in waves, poison, magic and gargoyles all. After numerous attacks they backed off and gave us a moments respite. On the next wave they were joined by a huge red demon, controlled by their necromancer. But they met a wall of Covian steel, no soldier broke ranks and ran off, each kept the square and banished the demon back to the hell it came from. After the demon fell they relented and ran off in the direction of Cove town. We paused but a moment before chasing them down.

Cove town was chaos as we entered, the mounted deadite riding around chasing civilians. Again we formed up back to back in the centre of the square and again they came at us, wave after wave. This time they focused on Saerandir but we managed to keep the elf on his feet. This angered Ava and when the gargoyle came in for the next swoop she planted a war axe right in its eye socket.  Stunned, and unable to fly away, Covian steel plunged in from all angles and made sure it would not rise again.

The mounted leader heard the screams of the gargoyle and came in too close to help it. Someone reached up and pulled them off their nightmare steed and finally ended its chants. Once it was silenced the other deadites scarpered off into the night. Right on cue the sun rose over the horizon and Cove's night of horror was over. We dispersed in groups and did a final search of the town, but all trace of the deadites were gone.

Cove would stand another day. Tonight the deadites learned that brave Avatarian's watched over this land.

Signed

Junior Sheriam Palmer

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:25:54 pm by Sheriam Palmer » Logged
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 03:30:26 pm »

Damn fine report Palmer!

We showed the buggers that a well trained force of Covians is the stuff of nightmares, not bloody deadites and flyin' rats.

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length