Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:16:18 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Get Choppin'!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Get Choppin'!  (Read 1575 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:37:22 am »

Ugghh... Everyone keeps bangin' on about this bloody navy. I expect they'll have me sort out a bloody cavalry regiment next! Ugghh... I 'ate boats an' I 'ate 'orses... Oi! Guardsmen!!! Come 'ere, these bloody boats won't build themselves!

- Collect at least 1000 logs or boards and turn them into the stores.
- This task may be done alone but as always, it's more fun as a group!
- How you collect the boards is up to you (chopping trees, hunts, purchasing).
- Post a full report below. Make it especially swish and story heavy, if you are attempting this alone.

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 02:58:47 pm »

Leanne's and llama's adventures afternoon

After arriving home from the hunt with the Militia yesterday, I could not help but notice that my quiver got very light. This could only mean one thing: I'm running low on arrows!

I said to myself: "Didn't the Captain set a duty lately where he ordered us to gather wood for his bloody navy?" Then it was all clear for me. He needed wood, I needed wood. Perfect opportunity!

Sharping my hatchet, I set out to New Haven, because I knew, there was no way I could carry so many logs or boards by myself. However, as arrived there, it seemed someone had bought up all the horses from the stable master! Such treachery! And what was I left with, you ask? Well...

It was this kind of creature often referred as Guardian Spawn. That creature that gazes as you with an expression of emptiness, always with its tongue sticking out. It reminded me a lot of a recruit. It was nothing else, than a llama!

As the stable master kindly set it up with backpacks, I took the weird creature along with me to Skara Brae. This seemed to be the most safe part to chop wood. Not only are there almost no fiends, the city was also close in case the llama went rampage on me. Now, I know you can't outrun an angry llama, it's even faster than a panda. But that was not needed, as I only had to be faster than the rest of the townspeople!

As I gathered wood for quite some time, my companion and I stumbled upon a moongate, that I was sure of was not the regular city moongate. I ordered the llama to check it out, but once again, it just looked puzzled at me with its bloody tongue out its mouth. It really reminded me of our recruits. They usually have no idea either what is going on.

Stepping through, my eyes needed a moment to realize where I was. Then it dawned upon me, like bandages had been removed from my eyes! We were in Yew! "Of all the places!" I said to myself. If any Yewlander would see, they'd kill the llama immediately and probably throw me on the pyre without even a trial.

Carefully I left the outpost with the llama, even more cautious we marched the Yewish woods and chopped the trees, until we eventually had more than enough wood. It may sound very heretic, but after a while with this weird creature, I started to feel this weird kind of affection to it. You know, Captain, like with our recruits. We all know most of them are worthless, but deep down in your heart, you sort of see them as your children. Like, those little infants that will hit their head somewhere every time you turn your head away.

With enough wood for the Navy and my arrows, it was time to gather feathers. I sneaked upon a harpy, always with this panting and drooling llama at my neck. Then I realized, as I tapped my nose: "How the bloody heck you wanna shoot things when you got no arrows, Leanne?!"

Instead, I took out the meanwhile dull hatchet again and went chasing after turkeys, ravens, mockingbirds, chickens and everything else in a size killable with such a clumsy weapon.

Very soon, my companion and I collected enough feathers to get to work on the arrows. As all good archers should, I took out my fletchers tool and started to craft new arrows. Quick enough, my quiver was yet fully stocked and the hunts could begin a new!

Our last mission was to head home safely, so we followed the road to the east. Many nasty fiends attacked me and the llama, such as petty rats and snakes, but also trolls, ettins, ogres, gargoyles, yes even water elementals that seemed to be lost in the woods!

Passing an outpost, we even encountered a stray cow. I took this opportunity to milk and later present the Corporal, my wife, with a bottle of freshly drafted milk. I've already been very productive today, so I said, this little more effort is not going to kill me.

After a long march, that didn't seem to be so long for once because I found a new friend in the llama because I had to constantly keep an eye on the llama, the two of us arrived at the barracks, where I put the rest of the acquired boards into the storage.

Afterwards, it was time to bid farewell to the llama. I must say I'll miss its dumbarse face I was happy to finally get rid of it.

*stains of teardrops can be noticed at the bottom of the report...*

Leanne Martin-Melior, Regular Scout

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:04:53 pm by Leanne Melior » Logged

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length