Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:44:56 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  The Yew Leg of Axiana's Jousting Tournament
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Yew Leg of Axiana's Jousting Tournament  (Read 1691 times)
Axiana
Axiana Masteen
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Covian Patrician

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2018, 12:57:16 am »

(ooc:- Apologies for the delay in writing this report and thank you to all those in attendance.  Special thanks to my fellow Covians and the citizens who came to support and especially to Mordred, who's introductions were entertaining /ooc)

The Yew Leg of Axiana's Jousting Tournament (Report)

In attendence from Cove:-

Hoagie Grayner, Commander (Participated in Joust)
Kelly Sanderson, Sergeant
Cailin Keres, Officer Cadet
Leanne Melior, Regular Scout (Participated in Joust)
Gimbly, Regular Grenadier (Participated in Joust)
Tiberius Kane, Regular Guardsman
Fritz Segur, Junior Guardsman (Participated in Joust)
Sheriam Palmer, Junior Guardswoman

Mordred Casseiul, Squire (Herald)
Alice Green, Cleric
Khaelieth Llelmandred Kellenwyr Sereghyanda , Burgher
Winifred, Commoner (Held a stall)
Geraldine, Commoner

Once we had gathered in Cove town, we set off to Yew.  The journey there, to my relief, was uneventful.  Upon arrival in Stonekeep, we were greeted by Kros Vandor, the present governor of Yew and host of the evening.  He had taken a prodigious amount of care in setting up everything ready for the joust as we had discussed, and had also made food and drinks available to any who cared for them.  To my glee, the weather remained dry throughout the evening *remembers back to her previous visit to Yew*!

The Lists!

Once I was seated (Mordred at my side) with quill and parchment in hand, I began the arduous task of taking down the names, ranks and deeds of those wishing to participate.

What should happen then?  The usual drama!  An implacable, resentful and dishonorably discharged member of the Yewish army turned up in an attempt to disrupt the entire event!  He had managed to drag almost un-liftable rotting animal carcasses into the centre of the jousting area.

As if this was not eventful enough, a white boned knight, risen from the graveyard, wandered into Stonekeep (Where is the security in Yew, I ask thee?).  I remember the noise of the white-boned abomination as it let out a blood curdling scream, it's bones clattered as it was finally dispatched.  However, it had not been dealt with swiftly enough, and had caused injury to the Governor of Yew (Thankfully it was but minor).

The Joust!

Following the removal of the dead animal carcasses, the joust was finally to commence.  Mordred called forth from the lists the first two contenders:-

Leanne Melior v's Rimeny de Blaze (V) -  Winner! Rimeny de Blaze

The second contenders to be called:-

Hoagie Grayner v's Fritz Segur - Winner! Fritz Segur

I believe that as a result of his defeat, and possibly due to the effects of alcohol, Mr Grayner did decide to remove the entirety of his attire in front of the audience!  I will not post the pictures of this most inappropriate event here!

Third contenders to be called:-

Gimbly the bald v's Art Ibmab (Grd) -  Due to a wound re-opening as Art attempted to mount his horse he was unable to continue. 
Phil Lynx (Grd) decided to take his place.
Gimbly the bald v's Phil Lynx - Winner!  Gimbly

Second and last round:-

Fritz Segur v's Rimeny de Blaze - Winner!  Fritz Segur

Then:-

Fritz Segur v's Gimbly the bald - Winner!  Gimbly

Second prize awarded to Fritz Segur:-  An engraved Lance!
First prize awarded to Gimbly the bald:- An engraved Golden Lance!

The Paymaster
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 11:20:27 am »

30 Shillings awarded to Axiana Masteen for organizing and reporting on her event.

10 Shillings awarded to Winifred for attending and holding a stall.
5 Shillings awarded to Khaelieth for attendance
5 Shillings awarded to Geraldine for attendance
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:38:47 am by The Paymaster » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length