Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:10:41 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  "Ship Shape Shipyard" or "Starving Acanists, Boats, And Drows oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "Ship Shape Shipyard" or "Starving Acanists, Boats, And Drows oh My!"  (Read 2412 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »

Monday 5th November,
Repair expedition to annexed territory of Nujel'm.

Who:

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet (Leading)
Raiden "Beds N' Rugs" Harper-Morana, Captain
Ilyana "Starvin' Suicidist" Drachen, Senior Arcanist (Lost at Sea, presumed dead, "again")
Tyrael Styx, Junior Grenadier
Garrison Hawke, Watchman
Alton "Wanderin' Aldwin, Watchman (Field Promoted)
Serj Eason "The Younger, Drunker EasonTM", Recruit
The Lady Ms. Axiana Masteen, Patrician

Vesperian Forces:

Rimney De Blaze
Piper Vale
Devante Stirling
Ayseh
Various others

Yewish Forces:

Aries "Child Labour" Harper-Morana

With Nujehl'm long annexed and trade flagging due to increased tariffs it was time to rebuild the East Shipyard to facilitate commerce once more. To that end I chartered a vessel "The Peasant's Bum Barge" to transport construction materials and crews to the semi-remote desert isle. Having secured transport and various tools I rallied my fellow Covians and gave a briefing about our objectives then sent them out as the free hardy labourors they are and had them fell nearly half The Shire to find suitable lumber for construction. Per usual Eason were sick to his stomach something fierce and half the junior ranks lacked basic equipment or tried using parade arms for felling trees. S'pose a trainin' an beatin' is in order. Miss Masteen, graciously moved about the work crews ensuring none were over worked and took time to observe our tree fellin techniques. Its all in the core, hips and abs, tree felling has nothing to do with arms I says just put the whole body into it and grunt. She seemed impressed, or perhaps the spectacle known as Eason distracted her..... he was wielding a halley shirtless maniacally wacking wood.

The men quickly gathered the lumber on the North Docks and brought it aboard our vessel. Various tarrying and protestation about sea travel aside I got the men aboard and shoved off after an impromptu shanty by Eason. The bay was calm but the channel and coastal way were a touch rough as per usual. Most the men were stricken down by sea sickness, only Styx and I seemed to have our sea legs about us as the others wretched and heaved about the deck and over the side. I were making good time when the lot of them got squimish and spooked about sea ghosts and being lost at sea to which I quickly altered course and laid into sight of shore near Vesper Sands just to prove I were nay lost! If it weren't Arcanists whinging about starvation at sea or recruits fearing ghosts it were Styx praying for krakens and other shite. Lad probably prays for blood rains and toads. . .

The lads perked up as they spotted land (I were never lost damnit) this promted the starving Arcanist Drachen to attempt suicide at sea as she dove overboard whilst we were at a full clip. The hunger was just too much for her and sadly she were lost at sea. Young Eason and Miss Masteen would later scour the shores for her but alas, swift ocean currents and tidal rip currents no doubt dragged her body further out to sea. Avatar rest her soul.

The Vesperians had arrived before us (Because they magicked over not because I were lost!) and had set up some sort of beach party? Fishing and wonderfully old fashioned, 45 degree ales left in the Nujel'mian sun, now thats refreshing! Piss-warm ale and festering ground fish..... the only contributions of most Vesperians on this little trip aside from Piper magicking us home since Senior Drachen were lost at sea. Think they came out to critique our work for the most part...... and bake in the sun with us whilst wearing cloaks, yer know it being nearly the Nujel'mian winter and all, gets down to just 40 degrees centigrade in the shade!

The men began construction whilst Miss Masteen sampled the ales. Styx and myself set out to find the dock master and uh "encourage" his cooperation. I swear not a single one of these people speak three words of Brittanian, its just.... ugh! Nay found any dock masters but we did find the merchant guildsman. Told 'em what for, I think we came to an understanding and Covian vessels should experience priority service and lower tariffs. Suns baked all these poor idjits.... Speaking of baked, we arrived back at the docks were the men worked hard (some hardly working) the Vesperians watching, when Miss Masteen and some blueish haired woman wandered off with a blonde only to come back screaming of Drows!

Aldwin, The Captain, Styx and Myself took up positions whilst Missus Harper-Morana gave us flanking cover. we made certain to get Miss Masteen behind us while the Captain parlayed with the blonde apparently drow woman. First I ever seent a blonde drow! The Captain decided both the drow and the blonde had to go and left Styx and myself to see them off. Took stern determination and no small bit of waving our weapons about to drive the two off. Shoulda keelt em then and there but I think the Captain nay wanted Miss Masteen to see the fighting. . .  The whole incident left Miss Masteen a bit shaken so I assigned Eason to watch over her. I think he managed to calm her down, bit more ale might have helped too. With the early construction finished Aries Harper-Morana brought in what she called work tables. These "Tables" looked more like stools! Children might use them as tables! She then defended her shite excuse for tables by suggesting we put the children to work with their nimble little hands and cited their cheap labor... an why does everyone still think I've opened an orphanage! I adopted three kids my whole life! Had a half dozen by various wives. . . thats not an orphanage!

Further work can be completed by subsequent expeditions as we lacked skilled labor or heavy equipment such as cranes.

Also of note:

Recruit Alton Aldwin, having completed his requirements was field promoted to Watchman as a culmination to a hard days work. Gob shite best stop wandering off or his corpse will be visited by a reclamation team, gotta have them boots back! Once finished I got Piper to whisk us back to Cove were we all went off for a proper ale at the Feather!

Grand Covian work!

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet, OIC "Baron's Own" 1st Grenadier Regiment

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 02:21:16 pm »

Grand report, Kobra!

Ilyana Drachen, Senior Arcanist

PS: I'm not dead, damnit! Never was!

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:28:32 pm »

If the wytch sinks she's innocent and if she floats she's, well, a wytch! Hoh!

Grand work men! Covian vassals secured ONE, hideous Drowlings in flimsy disguises shooed and then booed away TWO and wytches almost drowned ONE!

All in a day's work for the Covian Army!

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Serj Eason
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 03:56:56 pm »

Great report, sir! Although I don't think I would have set foot on that boat had I known it was called "The Peasant's Bum Barge". Nonetheless, a fine outing and wonderful playing for ye all!

Serj

(OOC: This was a surprising amount of fun. Just goes to show when you get a solid bunch of roleplayers out on an adventure good times can be had by all Cheesy)

For my family.

Holder of The Golden Quill and The Ribbon of Activity.

Serj Speaks: A Bard's Journal
Serj Eason
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 09:53:20 pm »

Finding and helping Senior Drachen.

Protecting that which matters most.

For my family.

Holder of The Golden Quill and The Ribbon of Activity.

Serj Speaks: A Bard's Journal
The Paymaster
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 01:05:57 pm »

5 Shillings awarded to Axiana Masteen for attendance
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length