Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:31:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Ryans maze hunt!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ryans maze hunt!  (Read 1930 times)
Baraz
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2005, 02:10:08 am »

We stood infront of sargeant grenadier Ryan Greystone outside of the barracks. in a well formed line. Ryan began fumbling around for a map in his bag, as soon as we saw this we all sighed, for we knew we were about to get lost. He pulled a map from his bag and squinted, he peered closely at it. "Right men" he yelled, "follow me" i know where were goin", i heard the Tydius Benoit mumble next to me, "of course you do". we began marching east, none of us had a clue where we were heading, we just put our trust in the sargeant and followed his orders.
  We marched for what felt like a eternity through the dry woods of yew, until eventually the sargeant shouted "alt!", he again pulled out a scruffy map and stared at it. "ahh, yes, this way men" he said confidently, we followed him as he began to head further east. around one hundred yards later he came to a halt and we all suddenly stopped behind him. "anything wrong sir" regdar asked, ryan looked blankly into the woods infront of him "erm" he paused, "wrong way men!", "follow me!" we all moaned loudly, our legs already beginning to tire.
  Not long after turning around and heading north ryan stopped as at a gaping black hole and oredered us to drop in. I gasped and leapt into the hole, not knowing what was at the bottom, I hit the bottom with a thud closely followed by Kal Shadowhand. I glared around the cave, the walls were wet and the ground was damp. We began treading carefully through the cave, following the sargeants every step. Suddenly in the distance appeared a solen warrior, "ready arms!" Ryan yelled! we charged the beast and with great might struck it down.

There, where it had fell was another whole, Ryan again ordered us to lunge into it. we hit the bottom and carried on following the sargeant, by now i was certain he was lost but was too proud to say. We moved slowly through the cave but were suddenly ambushed by a solen queen and her warriors, Regdar was struck by a warrior and was covered in acid! he fell to the ground moaning with pain, whilst the rest of the squadron smashed through the mysterious monsters.

I helped him to his feet and we carried on our march through the cave.
"ahh, heres the exit" Ryan shouted, standing over another black hole. we all jumped down the hole one by one and were pleasantly surprised to find out that Ryan was correct, it was the exit. "follow me men" he called and began marching off, we prepared ourselves and began following.
  Before long we were at the entrance of the orc fort, i could hear the orcs screaming in the distance and beating the weapons together. The sargeant guided us into the fort and then ordered us to split up and kill every orc in the fort! I decided to guard the entrance so no more orcs could enter, i began casting fields of fire and poison at the entrance to inflict pain into the orcs that tried to enter. Before the long the fort was silenced, i listened for anymore noise of orcs, then the silence was broken, "FOR COVE" someone shouted, followed by cheers of "huzzah!". I walked to the center of the fort and looked around at was left of the orc stongholt

I left the fort and joined the form that the squadron had made around watchman regdar, who seemed abit dazed from what had happened and was not responding. Ryan ordered us to protect him and keep away any orcs. again i cast fields of poison and fire to keep the orcs away....

regdar came back to us sharply! "sorry sir" he said, "i dont no what happened", "never mind" ryan replied, "ye back now, lets move on!"
  We all followed, holding our wounds from the previous battles, wondering where Ryan was taking us now, we marched west through un known woodland to me and as we did i spotted an enemy elf in the distance, we carried on through and i didnt think he would be stupid enough to make an attack on a seven man squadron. suddenly i felt a sword brush passed my right arm, i jumped back, "what the hell!!" i shouted, i wrestled the elf off me without getting struck, and he fled, a couple of recruits ran straight after him. i put that down to in-experience. Ryan shouted for the recruits to come back, as they did, he oredered us to form around him. the foolish elf came back again to try and make an attack but before he could i cast an explosion and flame strike combination upon him, he again scattered off. Ryan then ordered me to paralyze him if was to come back again. we held our position and the elf again came back, i paralyzed him and as i did Ryan screamed the order to charge! As the first blow went in i paralyzed the elf again and within seconds he fell.. "thats how to deal with the enemy!" Ryan said proudly. we then moved forward just a few hundred yards to the dungeon of shame. That was where the hunt finished for me as i had pressing business elsewhere. Arc and Veldrin of the Arcane Company joined the squadron to go deep into shame...

Leader: Ryan Greystone (sargeant grenadier)
Kal Shadowhand (regular scout)
Baraz (watchman)
Regdar (watchman)
Tydius Benoit (church sentinel)
Robert Fripp (guardsmen recruit)
Indrid Cold (guardsmen recruit)

I Fight For The Baron!
Fripp
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 05:13:44 pm »

After this Journey(that was a hunt, in its own right) we arrived at our destination. We stood outside the Dungeon, know as Shame and begin preparing ourself for a quest that would take deep into the second level of the dungeon.

We ventured through the various passage ways filled with Earthern Elementals, and Scorpians. After a vast amount of slaughter the group prepared themselves for a trip through a black style, wytchy gateway. This gateway would bring us out on the second level of shame, the level which contained the so-called Tressure Map, Ryan was looking for.

We made our way south, past various elementals including, Dull and Air. The group managed to handle the encounters on the second floor quite easily, allowing us too keep all covians alive. We arrived at the second Wytchy Gateway and ventured through it bringing us to the third floor of the Shame dungeon.

This level would really test the group, as the poison elementals can sometimes pull some fast spells from out of its sleeves.

After we lost one Covian to a poison elemental we started to clamp down and started quite a strong formation which would take us onto the palce where Ryan thought the Tressure Map was hidden.

We arrived at a dark, small fortress which was belived to be the holding place for the tressure map. The place was guarded by an abundance of dark mages making it tough to get up to the second floor of the fortress. After quite a while securing the place we began to search for the tressure map which Ryan belived to be hidden here.

After some doubt, and time the Arcane Sergeant Arc, came across the map hidden in a dark bookshelf. After the map had been safely stored we proceded back to the barracks for de-briefing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length