Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:32:44 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  An Unwelcome Visitor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An Unwelcome Visitor  (Read 2172 times)
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2005, 01:46:31 am »

*Trying desperately to keep her breath even, Veldrin shakily sat herself into the chair, putting the parchment own on the table before her. No matter how many times she tried to rub the filth off her arms, being in a cell with that... that thing... she felt like there was a film of slime she could not wash off. This would call for a long, thorough bath. But first, the report...*

Recruit Kurt came flying into the barracks so quickly, the door seemed to open after he was already in the room. He rushed downstairs and out of sight. Curious, I got up and followed him. He sped all the way down to the cells, until he turned around and nearly crashed into me. I glared at him. If he HAD crashed into me...

"Vhere's the fire?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"There's an undead outside!" Kurt replied.

"What? From the graveyard?"

"It's outside!"

Of course, I went to check outside. Sure enough it stood there, grinning the way a skull does once the skin's been ripped away. Kurt attacked him before I could stop him. I ordered them both to halt, but suddenly the bone magi was casting a spell on ME! Thanks to some timely healing from Recruit Kurt, however, I managed to stay on my feet, and the skeleton fell before me.

We quickly chained it up in the cells below the barracks. I had tried to question it. I noted there were far more undead creatures wandering away from the graveyard as of late, but it didn't answer my questions. Instead it began crying, "Masssssssster!!" over and over, until bursting into flames and vanishing.

Attempting to question the living skeleton...

I don't know what to make of this. But surely these creatures are up to something vile.

*signed*

Veldrin Ni'Harel
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 02:06:48 am by Veldrin » Logged

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 03:02:55 am »

*After his ordeal with the undead mage, Kurt sat down still shaking from his encounter.  He rolled out a piece of paper and started writing about what had stalked him for the night*

"Kneel before the Guardian fleshbag!", said the creature.  I looked at him and asked, "What's the guardian?".  He grinned and told me that he gives infinate power to you if you worship him.  I told him, "You don't look very powerful just ugly".  He told me to kneel before the guardian or else.  I raised an eyebrow and said, "Was that a threat? Leave these lands at once!" I then readied myself for a fight.  He said, "Have it your way fleshbag" with a disgusting voice. 

The fight commenced but the creature had made me inept of moving with a spell of his.  He hit me with a series of fire and poison magics.  I ran into the tavern and fixed myself up hoping the creature wouldn't follow.  I looked out the door breathing heavily I saw nothing, I looked left and the creature was grinning in my face.  I looked to the disgusting rotting face and fell to the floor then scurried towards the bar.  He paralyzed me again and then tried to seal me within his energy fields. Luckely I regained the ability to move then ran down stairs to the basement.

I could hear it tapping waiting for the field to dissapate, I could hear the footsteps upstairs comming closer.  I kissed my Ankh and looked to the staircase the creature walked down like it was an every day slaughter.  I gripped my fork and assaulted the creature but yet again he hurt me to much to stay and fight.  I ran out of the building and to the church. 

I had hoped the creature wouldn't come to the church that the church would keep the creature out.  I looked out the window and the figure of a decaying body was standing there staring at me, like he knew where I was the whole time.  I saw him walk fast towards the door, I ran up to the top of the church waiting to ambush him.  I heard the doors slam open and the creatures footsteps grow louder.  His head visible on the stair case I attacked him but was still more powerful.  I thought apparently he was better at close corners, so I decided I should take this to the forest.  I ran into the forest hoping to slaughter the beast.

I waited there to ambush it but it never came I ran back to the front of the barracks to find it encountered a person I did not trust.  It said to the man the same thing it said to me, but the man said, "Ye can take yer guardian and shove it up yers." He fought it and I joined in outmatched it retreated to the forest.  We followed and hoped to kill it but that's not what we got.

The creature surprized us and beat the man down before I could do anything to help him.  The creature came back and chased me off away from the unconciouss man, so I left towards the barracks.  I ran down to the basement hoping it would follow me so I could seal it in the jail room.  I ran back up and almost collided into Corporal Veldrin that's when she helped me end the creatures fun.  It was strange when I was being chased there was no one around to help me except the two people in my report.

Watchman, Kurt

*Kurt posts the report underneath Veldrins.  He looked up to Veldrins report then smiled and said, "Thank ye Veldrin I owe ye."  Kurt then left to relax after his long night.*
Damas
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 09:13:10 am »

*Deep in the cool night Damas made his way up to the arena on the roof and sat on the stone floor with his legs crossed, leaning with his back against the wooden side. It was so good to be in a fighting arena alone with your thoughts. In an arena where you are not an outcast, where you can win. Damas started to feel a growing affection for the township of Cove...*

*At that thought he remembered reading Veldrin's report.*

"I think it all adds up." Thought Damas as he opened a 'religious book' he had bought not long ago - it truth it turned out to be a propaganda book about the 'good' Guardian and 'evil' Avatar. "We have a cult growing in Cove. And if they have human spies to spread their lies as well as undead servants that pose a threat then... then their dark deeds must be gaining speed and coming into fruition."

*As the night wind blew and caught Damas' hair, his thoughts moved from the topic of undead to the battles of the past and Damas was lost in the world of shattered dreams.*

*The next morning Damas wrote a small report. He left it on a desk that he thought must be used by the commanders as it had papers and all kinds of useless items scattered all over it. Hopefuly, not too many eyes would see this report. Atleast not the cultist ones.*

To whoever in charge might be concerned,

I have recently come into contact with who I believe is a cultist spreading propaganda of a false religion in Cove. It is my belief that the emergence of such cultists and the frequenting appearance of undead away from the graveyard is connected. I have tried posing as a supporter of these 'false prophets' and will continue to do so. With luck I'll find out more as obviously the cultists are gaining ground in our town.

Damas W. of Jhelom

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length