Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:15:50 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  My inactivity..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My inactivity..  (Read 1334 times)
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2005, 09:22:21 am »

Right folks, sorry about being so inactive over the past few...should we say weeks. But here's basically what happened:

July 18th:[/u]

I fly to Bahrain to meet his family, and there's alot of us. I thought that I'd be back in three days...but noooooo. I had to get a passport change...Alright, no problem, walk in and walk out right? Wrong. They wouldn't get it changed because it still had 9 months till expiry [Insert large arabic cussings]. I go to get tickets for a return flight, everything is booked, flat out. No problem, i'll give it a wait, and I haven't seen my krew in over a year. So here comes the day I'm set to go, but then my grandma is rushed to the emergency room for several reasons, so I stay with her for 3 days.

July 28th:

I finally get back to Dubai, and go "yeah, time to go get this show on the road again"...I have a good run, I throw a hunt here and there and a recruit cadre....

August 1st:

A mere two days later...or so...I get this fucking problem:

Customers may experience low, or none at all, internet browsing speeds due to a submarine cable cut outside the Emirates, which has disrupted a few vital international links. Customers using programs such as “peer-to-peer” and gaming applications will be HEAVILY AFFECTED.

That! Etisalat goes upside down...not only my internet is fucked, but the nations internet is fucked. Businesses are fucked, airports are fucked, hotels are fucked, we're fucked. They haven't even given us a progress report yet, so i've still got a problem logging onto UO. But then, my whole internet gets cut off. Yes, the router goes on a trip to Disney-fucking-Land. So I wrestle with it, I'm about to deliver the finishing blow yeah? Just put in the username and password yeah? It's all good yeah? No. No fucking no. My dad's company changes their password AND username without telling me, so I have to get it out of them..

August 7th:

That's where I am now...and since the 18th of July, it's roughly 20 days or inactivity..

Sorry folks, but i'll try to keep up, just this submarine cable is going to take a while to get done.

Cheers,
Baldie
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 12:20:28 pm by Ahmed » Logged

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Daelin
Covian Legend

Yes my Baron... I serve you well! - Daelin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 11:32:39 am »

Well good to have you back again baldy! Tongue

And hope your Grandma is going to be okay. Smiley
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 01:44:58 pm »

whatever Daelin said Wink

Tough luck man, my gran's dying from cancer, hope your gran's ailment ain't that bad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length