Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:39:25 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  I have a cunning plan!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I have a cunning plan!  (Read 2738 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2005, 05:19:44 pm »

*Recruit Arkay is pacing in the Barracks central hall*

Bah! What an impossible mission. I 'ave to slay an Orc Brute to prove my worthiness to Commander Gregor... All by myself... Impossible! Impossible I tell ye! I'll never be able to get me one o' them Brutes without havin' the entire Fort on me!

*starts to walk down the stairs when all of a sudden*

Muhahaha! It's brilliant! Brilliant it is!

*Erik runs off in the direction of the Moongate*

After a while we find recruit Arkay near the Shrine of Compassion in Ilshenar

Where can I find the tribes that live around here? Where are the Savages? They 'ave somthin' I need! Thay have long ago mastered the art to walk among their mortal enemies, the Orcs, without being detected. I err.. well... ehm... I just need to borrow that special Orcish mask they wear!

Pardon me, Savage, may I borrow your Mask?

*immediately the savage tries to stab Erik in the back*

Wha? Why you dirty little!

*Erik huffs and puffs*

Well, that was harder then expected but at least I've got what I came for! The first part of my cunnin' plan! Muhahahaha!

A few hours later we find Erik back at the Cove Orc Fort

Hey! Pssst! Pssst! Hey you!
*An Orcish lord comes dashing for the Recruit*
Mind if I borrow your armour?

*Erik puts on the Orc Lords Armour and the Orcish Mask*
Muhahaha! Those blithering fools will never know what hit them!

Careful now lad! Careful! Mustn't let them suspect something! I better blend in a bit!

Now....Where is that Orc Brute? It has to be here somewhere! Commander Eason told me I'd recognise 'im when I saw 'im.

By the Avatar! That thing is more then thrice the size of me! Well, doesn't help sniggering about it. I better start proving my worthiness if I ever want to join the Grenadiers!

The gamble worked off. Erik had been able to infiltrate the Orcish Fort without being detected but now he's in for a pickle.
*Orcs come dashing from all directions screaming and shouting and they don't look like they want to discuss table manners*

Better turn tail now! *runs off shooting arrows behind him* Blimey! I've got the entire Fort on my tail!

*Erik shoots arrows like a madman trying to stay ahead of the persuing mob*

*Finally the Orc Brute falls dead with several arrows stuck in his skull*

Roight! Now te get rid of ye lot! *Erik looks menacingly at the other Orcs still chasing him* Not so brave now eh, without ye big brother?

*A few minutes later Erik can finally claim his prize*

I better keep this brute's head to show to Commander Eason. He should be most pleased indeed! I wonder if I should tell him about the tactics I used though. *rubs chin* Maybe I should just say I single handedly wiped out the entire garrisson? *stiffles a grin* Nay nay, It's always good to have.... a cunning plan!

[OOC: Erik can't write yet. So the 'report' is told as it happened instead of written]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 05:25:57 pm by Erik Arkay » Logged

Clovis
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 05:44:39 pm »

Masterfully done, Mr Arkay.  Not terribly BRIGHT, these orcs, but they do tend to overcompensate in terms of brutality. 

*muses*

"I... have a cunning plan!"

What a delightful little turn of phrase that is.  Not sure why... just has a nice ring to it.    Remind me to use it sometime, just before I'm about to think of something appropriately brilliant...

The thing about words is that meanings can twist like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 04:50:32 pm »

*Arkay hands Eason the Brute's skull*

Yuck! Good work, Arkay!
*thinks to himself; "Wonder how he managed that..."*
*ponders*

(OOC: Hahah! Exceptional work *Grins*)

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Calico
Old Battle Axe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

"Tired but never weak."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 06:47:39 pm »

*grinning slyly as she listens in from the shadows*

That's why I alwayes keep a few orc halms locked away.... just in case.  Smart fellow that Erik.

*Earned Merit in The Kaldorian Line Campaign*
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 07:31:23 pm »

*watches from the deepest shadows and muses to himself* hmmmmmm wounder if that un can be trained in the ways of the scouts, he's clever thats for sure and would make a good adition to the divison with thinking like that!"

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length