Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 06:42:30 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Gry's Sacrifice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gry's Sacrifice  (Read 3985 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: August 21, 2005, 02:45:52 am »

Baron Octiovus paced around the room. T'was the Baron's Cabinet Office, and sat at the table were the most senior Militia Officers. The Baron ceased his footsteps, and looked directly at Commander Eason.

"So what news from the Kaldorian Line, Gregor?"
Eason cleared his throat, and stood up.

"My Liege, the Line.. It bodes nay well. Our forces are being beaten back by the Kaldorian Army, and our supplies are running low. Our attempts at getting provisions through have failed. I do not think it is suitable we have a Covian force out deep in the Trinsic Jungles, particularly with recent threats and tides of war that have come from the Vesperian Front. I wish to withdraw the Militia from the Line, my Liege, and redeploy them to better effort the security on the Covian borders."

"Losing on the Kaldorian Line? Pfft! Not good enough, Gregor. Not good enough!" Eason responded with a slight nod of his head. "But.. ach.. I suppose this new business with the Vesperians must be faced head on, and with our fullest strength. Very well, Gregor. Have the Militia withdraw from the Trinsic Jungles. Will ye be overseeing this operation personally?"
Eason scratched his chin thoughtfully.

"Mmm, no sir."
"No?! Then who will?!"

Gry's Sacrifice: An Introduction
http://sugeworld.com/flash/sacrifice.html

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 05:34:49 pm by Gregor Eason » Logged
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 03:51:42 am »

Eason took ANOTHER sip from his legendary mug of cocoa as he muttered over his lost Militia documents. A Mission for Senior Gry. Withdrawing the Cove Militia from the Kaldorian Line. A hefty Challenge. One that Gry would rise to, eh? A Noble Sacrifice, Eason thought... Sending a Senior Guardsman in his stead.

Senior Mission: Kaldorian Line Withdrawl - Grief Dryfh Gry
** Stamped with Militia Seal **

Yo'Senior Gry!
T'is Commander Eason. I have a Mission for ye. Yes! A Mission! Drop that bottle of ale and finish off that porkie Pie; get this done properly and ye'll make Veteran Guardsman, the final rank of the Baron's Militia.

Mission Briefing
The Mission WOULD have been straight forward, but those damn Trinsic folk. Nay might be supporters of Kaldor, but they are sure as hell nay supporters of us. They've covered the rout north of the Kaldorian Line, the Covian guardsmen will nay be able to break through the Trinsic forces. Therefore, Senior Gry, ye must go and lead the Militia currently stationed in the Jungles around the Destard Mountains and out towards Britain. This will nay doubt be a vast journey, so be ready to commit for the long haul.
Ye shall be briefed with Objectives and Priorities regularly via pigeon and runners. See that Reports are frequently sent back to my Desk also.

Finally, prior to returning to Cove I have business for ye in Britain. There lies an Arms Dealer known as "The Wrecker". His real name, we do nay know. Nor do we know of his location, but only that it is somewhere in the King's City. Locate "The Wrecker" with whichever means ye can, and see that a deal is bargained for fresh armanents for the Militia, and follow the merchant's instructions as given.

Get the Armaments AND the Militia back safe and sound, and consider it a job well done.

A full map of the Mission area.

So, to summarise ye Mission...

Objectives
* Withdraw Militia from Kaldorian Line, and get the Covians home.
 - Deconstruct Covian Sentry Point.
 - Travel around Destard Mountains, to avoid Trinsic forces.
* Reach Britain, and locate "The Wrecker".
 - Follow his Instructions, and see the Armaments to Cove.

Conditions
* The Mission will be broken down into several different events.
* You will be notified prior to each event with fresh briefings, and status reports.
 - Note: Mission may "develop" at times...
* You must log FULL Reports in THIS thread, including paintings.
* Should night ever fall whilst journeying, camp MUST be set, and sentries put up, until sunrise.
* All Mission events must be planned in advance via the Events Board.

Good luck, Senior Gry! The fate of those Covian guardsmen stranded in the Trinsic Jungles is in ye hands.

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 04:55:50 am »

As Grief read the parchment with the mission statement, the word that seemed most obvious was ‘pie’. A sheepish looked appeared on the odd guardsman’s face as he pointed dazedly at the parchment and started poking it meaninglessly.

“Uhhh….”

A little drip of liquid seemed to slide down his chin.

“Ya’ya.. kaldorian.. pies.. kaldor.. line.. err sacrifice’tha’pie’s?”

He grumbled madly while swinging around his right hand dramaticly.

“Baaahhh, wha’s’tis!?”

The guardsman seemed in utter hopeless agony of confusion.

“Bwah!? Tha’kaldorian line ‘as pies!?”

Suddenly it seemed much clearer to Grief what his mission purpose was.

“Ya’ya, go’ol eason want to set me up wit’some kaldorian foo’s an’tha’such. But pie’s’all ‘ah need.”

Grief paced rather quickly tippled stone to stone down the large stairs of the barracks, which were lighted by the sunny rays of the evening sun. The wind was chilly, but the sun made the chilly day bearable. He shook loose his shoulder as he arrived down the last step. He looked upon the covian bay.

“Baaaahh, wher’mah llama!?”

He grumbled as he shook his fist. As he saw a horse nearby, laded with shining armour he nodded his head and quickly paced towards it. He nudged it’s nose and studied it’s teeth.

‘Yo’been’a’eatin’summit rotten foo’!?”

‘Yo’teeth ar’as yello’as Kasei!”

He bluntly slapped the horse across the face and started what seemed as a long stare at the surprised horse. It confused him what to think of the horse’s teeth, it seemed.. so .. soo .. err.

“Ahem..”

He nodded seeming damned certain of himself, he mounted the gallant steed and made it pace forward in fast motions towards the vesper road.

A long journey commenced, to what seemed days of travel towards trinsic, it was revealed to him by a chewing farmer it was in fact a seemingly days travel towards minoc.

“Ye missed’a road near cove, ye shulda’gone to the west boi’.”

“AGHHH!”

The farmer had to withhold grief with his pitchfork to not fatally get wounded at being strangled. All was well in the end and Grief sat back onto his horse and travelled days back towards cove and went west this time around.

He came across plains of swamp, and mighty forests. He admired the blossom of the Britain forests, and the mountain ranges of the forests north of trinsic.

Grief argued with a farmer as they came to an agreement for the poor guard to sleep after two days of travel. He was about to punch the farmer if it was not for the wife of the farmer to walk past them with a dish of freshly baked cookies, which oddly reminded him of Dellamona’s cookies.

“Ya’ya, da’s tha’cookies she makes eh eh!?”

“Yeh ye, my wife bakes very well sir!”

“Well’en! I’ma tell’yo’wha’ foo’farmer do’do”

“Ye wha’?”

“I’sada’I tell’yo wha’!”

“Eh?”

“Dun’makka me sa’ya it ‘gain foo’!”

“Just be out wit’it ye strange talking nujelm heathen”

“I’eat’ta yo’wives cookies ya’? Fer’a night’a sleep in yo’hay!”

“That seems like a completeleh’ useless deal.”

“Eh!? Bwah!?”

“Neh neh, I’m not falling for that strangeling.”

“Aghh, shaddap’a’meh head hurt’o yo’ jibbrish foo’talk!”

“Ye got’a head alright, but no hair. Gwhahaha.”

“Ye’saya wha’!? No’aw’ye don’it! NOW YE’GOIN’TA EAT MA’WOODEN STICK FOO’!”

“AAAIIIEEEE”

Needless to say, some deal was settled that night.

The next morning Grief continued to pursue his journey towards the bewildered forests where the kaldorians live. After a day of pacing forward, grief set sight upon the jungle. As he slapped his skin all around avoiding mosquito bites he grumbled and crackled his teeth.

After some time, he was slowly moving forward through the jungle floor.

Suddenly, after a fateful turn around a large tree he set his sights upon a huge Covian banner placed boldly in the middle of the jungle. A guard was seated on the dirt patch under the banner pole leaning comfortably against it. He turned his head and greeted Grief kindly presenting a swift salute and a tip of the helmet.

Grief nodded pleased.

He passed to the guard the parchment he was given by Gregor Eason, and the guardsman nodded somewhat relieved but agitated as he read it.

“I see… Well sir, we are your to command, let’s get out of this mess..”

“S’alroot soldi’ah mon’, we’ll get’yo and yo’ men out’ta ‘ere.”

He nodded and turned around as he wafted his hand as to show Grief to follow him.

He explained to grief some of the tactical concepts of the fortification and introduced him to several guards sitting at a table in one of the shabby camouflaged green tents, littered with weapons and ripped clothing pieces of leather armour.

They both remounted their horses as they strode down the line to the next outpost, the guard eagerly pointed towards the upcoming settlement.

They arrived at what seemed a quiet calm jungle settlement. A few guards wandered around seeming somewhat distressed out of uniform. Grief calmly walked towards one of the tents, and saw some guards seated at ease besides a large tree trunk. He sat down, and there the adventure began..

« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 05:02:38 am by Grief Dryfh Gry » Logged

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,1556.msg14526.html#msg14526  <-- Baldies ownage!
Eason (12:40 AM) :
The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Well, by the sounds of what you're telling me, you are pretty hot yourself and stand a good chance of getting her I reckon. (Don't tell anyone I told you you're hot, or you die a grizzly death).
Eason Edit: And I was RIGHT TOO!
Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 01:53:51 am »

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Onboard a tear was shed by those who had lost. A journey had begun towards the next outpost, where those that had cried and bled, would be returned to their brothers. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.

Grief sighed as he rested his head in his right hand

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,1556.msg14526.html#msg14526  <-- Baldies ownage!
The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Well, by the sounds of what you're telling me, you are pretty hot yourself and stand a good chance of getting her I reckon. (Don't tell anyone I told you you're hot, or you die a grizzly death).
Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 06:25:25 pm »

First step of retreat - Forces near Del Passage.
[/b]

The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 08:20:51 pm »

PROLOGUE

Grief sighed as he began writing his progress report to the baron

Bah! 'Tis a mess dawn'ere! Ta'day ah went ta'explore tha' lower outskirts of the kaldorian line, near tha' Delucia Passage.

T'was a mess! Nah'tin there bu' tha' leafs o'war, rubbl'an'mer, nottin'ta juice on. We'found 'sem hardened covian troops dawn'thar tha'wer in bad shape! 'Tis thar'tha ah'met da'guard gordan, 'ed been commandin'tha troops dawn'thar.

Amongst'da ruins 'e show'ed meh da'shed on our'covian flag tha'ad been trampled, mah'fello'guardsman Shadwell an'I nodded in sympathy.

Da'shadwell 'ad arrived sem'das ago, 'e 'ad a friend dawn'thar tha'was lost in battle, an'e wanta'd ta'investigate tha'situation.

Shadwell'an I proceeded ta'explore tha'marsh jungle o'da kaldorians as'we cam'across vast lands o'green.

Finaleh'we it' a mountain'wall'o rok'! A'huge mountain't'was. Thar'a small outpost wa' settled in a cave, displayin'a proud'flag o'cove at'da entrance. Ah'guard was'sittin'sentry an'as Shadwell an'I emerged frem'da steamin'woods, da'mon chanted

"Who goes there!?"

"We're da'covian reinfur'cements foo'! Drop'tha'stick, befer'ah wack'ya 'ead!"

"Wha'!?"

"'Tis ah! Da'Senior guardsman o'cove an' Captain Shadwell!"

"Ah, I know capn' shadwell, but you are just bald, who are you!?"

"Why'yer!"

Da'mon needed'da docta' shortleh'afta'! Ah'assure ya'!

Weh'inspected da'cave encampmen'an told da'commandah'dar ta' work out'a plan ta' regroup wit'da otha'commandah Gordan, furtha'up da'forest. They'a recollec'ted da' sentry post'an starta'd ta'clean up da'reinforcemen't in da'cave.

Shadwell'an I set up a litl' plannin'post at tha'entrance o'da cave.

We'ad da'plan toge'ta ta'retreat da'forces 'ere, when suddenleh'ah dark cladded figure step'ed frem da'dark! T'was da'kaldorian commandah'!

Agh! We'wer sheet! We'ad ta'retreat sem'ow! Da'shadwell sai'da w'bettah be leavin'quickleh! Befer'em kaldorians kne'it, we'ad recollect'ed ah'camp! An'as 'em wer'still urgin'as ta'explain wha'we were doin'ere, we'h jumped of'da cliff an'rumbled'dawn! We'ran fe'r 'er lifes!

We'retreated ta'da camp insid'da cave, er'opes are them'kaldorians dun'find it!

The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 04:59:33 pm »

In the darkness..

Covian forces setup for what could be a horrible conflict with the army of kaldor. Amidst the darkness, only little sounds of movements could be heard as the covian forces held on to their faith. Some torches were lit, faintly casting shadows on the high ceilings of the silent cave. A gasp was let loose, as a subtle but strong rumbling of footsteps were heard in the far distance of the cave.

“Put out the torches! Quickly!” A random guardsman chattered.

To confuse the possible approaching forces of kaldor, several torches were lit and strapped onto mighty pillars. In the darkness, the unknowing army would be confused, while rained upon with arrows. The last torch was silenced, as hushes spread.

Suddenly, a very clear footstep was heard near to the position. A definite strong second footstep was followed with the crackling of pebbles. A sniff, a grumble. And with sudden furious force, the shrieks of many voices. Coming nearer, a mighty shadow of numerous individuals was cast unto the walls before the encampment. With great rage, an uncounted number of heavily iron clad men stormed towards the encampment.

“FOR COVE!”

A distinct first clash of metal pinched the walls, with subsequent soaring of arrows. A mighty battle was fought.

Blindness undid sanity, as a long battle finally came to its end. A retreat was called, as numerous wounded covian forces led a retreat out of the cave, leaving the kaldorians in darkness and confusion.

After following the trails of darkness, sunlight emerged, as a serene picturesque landscape appeared. A silent wind, a bird’s call. Evening was falling, as a burned red sky scorched the plains.

The forces lay to rest, suffering several losses, cries were random and numerous amongst the men. After much debate, it had been concluded that the current location was behind the mountain, the opposite side of the cave entrance. Another mighty mountain stood to the north. The following morning they would continue north, along the mountain range. Perhaps, the forces were finally safe, with this last conflict.

The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 05:35:03 pm »

As grief sat at the poorly constructed encampment north of south peak, he peered northwards. He mumbled as he took a sip from his field mug, tasting red wine.

Rupert Ridir's mission
------  As written in a well put note  ------
------  Reconnaissance Mission  -------

---  Setup an encampment north along northern peak, step 1   ----

Basics requirements -- step 1 --

- Patrol the northern peak area
- Seek out intelligence from the locals

---  Attempt to reach the destard mountain area  ---

- Attempt to reach and investigate the legendary destard cave
- Setup a small encampment near the destard cave entrance

---  MAP OF THE AREA  ---

The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 06:15:25 pm »

Grief looked over his papers once more as he sat in his tent as sunset was nearing. The trinsic forces to the east of the crossing between northern peak and the destard mountain range still opposed a grave risk. Someone would have to spy on the trinsic affairs.

Valiro's Mission
-----   A sealed letter is received by Valiro  ------
-----  CLASSIFIED MISSION  -----

Written roughly is:

"Yo'valiro bruda'mon. Ah need'your help! Ah'm retreating the remaindah'covian forca's thru'da'trinsic territori'! Ya'need ta'report on'da trinsic infra'structur'! We'need'ta evada'sheet on'dem, ur'else ma'mission's in jeaportah'!"

---  Mission Points ---

- Infiltrate trinsic and report on their affairs, weaponry/armoury status, offensive/defensive status.
- Monitor the import and export in trinsic
- Patrol the forests west of the trinsic/britain road
- Take out key militairy components, either human or weaponry. [Only if necessary]

----  MAP OF THE AREA  ----

The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Tweeso Pebble
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 06:21:50 pm »

*Achieves the message*

14/12/05
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length