Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:08:46 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Results and paintings from the Jousting Masters!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Results and paintings from the Jousting Masters!  (Read 2704 times)
Killian
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2005, 09:23:59 am »

Ladies and Getlemen, Boys and Girls – the first Jousting Masters tournament is now over and the results are clear for all to see. The number of attendants and spectators was high, tension hung in the air and we witnessed more than one or two surprise outcomes!

Here’s the final standings:

I phase:

Hrothgar versus Tommy Nottinbury, 0:2 – A great opener round which saw the outlander from Yew defeat the local favourite. The final score doesn’t do justice to how close it actually was.

Henry Lumbard versus Nathaniel Hawk, 1:2 – Vicious joust between two outlanders.

Gotrek versus Garand, 2:1 – Although Garand had an early lead, Gotrek came back strong to claim victory.

Llemandrell versus Gregor Eason, 1:2 – The contestants were quie evenly matched, however in the end the covian proved more resilient and skilled.

Anari versus Ira Sanguistat, 3:2 – Both jousters werent about to give up easy and there were plenty of double dismounts in this one! In the end Anari landed a particularly nasty blow which knocked Ira off the horse and left her unconscious in the dirt! To joy of the most and to grief of the sadists, miss Sanguistat managed to walk out of the arena on her own in the end.

Robert Fripp versus Killian, 2:1 – A bit of a surprise this round was, to me atleast, for it began with a double dismount and then ended as my horse tripped over and Fripp landed a lucky blow to advance further in the tournament. Sadly, my mount was mortaly wounded after this one and I was forced to end its torment by putting the creature to rest.

Drachir versus Kal ShadowHand, 2:1 – Not always do the higher ranked guardsmen prevail. Although it must be noted that Drachir was buffed with various ‘brews’.

Claudius Brutus versus Grief, 2:1 – Claudius took an early lead and then managed to hold off a furious assault from his opponent. After the round Grief was stricken with grief (bwahaha) and expressed his rage on the poor mount he rode. Gregor Eason promised a hard talk with his underling after the tournament.

Tiolas versus Erik Arkay, 2:1 – Although Erik had some trouble riding and was generaly over-excited, he still put up a good fight against the late entrant Tiolas who proved to be slightly more skillful.

Phase II:

Robert Fripp versus Anari, 2:0 – Fripp continued his strong performance and won a flawless victory against his opponent.

Drachir versus Tommy Nottinbury, 1:2 – Tommy made his intentions of winning the tournament clear in this one. Drachir gave it his all but it was not quite enough.

Nathaniel Hawk versus Claudius Brutus, 0:2 – As Percival the announcer said, Brutus lived up to his name and devastated the contestant from Yew.

Gregor Eason versus Gotrek, 2:3 – This was a round filled with intrigue and tension. At first it seemed like Gregor had won, however due to a certain mistake when calling the round I was forced to disqualify the result and call it a false start. The contestants jousted on for a while more and after a lot of misses and evasions, Gotrek landed a blow and dismounted the clear favourite of the tournament.

Due to an odd number of contestants Tiolas was given a free go into the next phase.

Phase III:

Tiolas versus Robert Fripp, 3:2 – Two very evenly matched jousters fought for the right to advance! Neither had an advantage for long but in the end Tiolas proved more lucky.

Claudius Brutus versus Gotrek, 2:0 – The Beast (as he is now called) continued to devastate opponent after opponent! This time Gotrek was his unlucky victim.

Due to an odd number of contestants Tommy was given a free go into the next phase.

Phase IV:

Tommy Nottinbury versus Claudius Brutus, 3:2 – Definetly one of the highlights of the evening! The Beast’s mad charge was held off by the besieger from Yew, although at one point it looked like Claudius would make it to the Final!

Tiolas’ unbelievable luck held and due to an odd number of contestants he was given a free go into the next phase.

Final phase:

Tiolas versus Tommy Nottinbury, 1:2 – The remaining crowd cheered for the covian as the jousting arena crumbled from all the punishment it had to take. Flying bodies and limbs as well as falling horses really tooks their toll on the wooden constrcution! The round was intense and lightning quick as both contenders wanted to finish off their opponent fast to claim the ultimate prize. In the end a black cat crossed the road in front of Tiolas the Lucky and Tommy became the first Champion of the Jousting Masters!

Champion: Tommy Nottinbury
Second place: Tiolas the Lucky
Third place: Claudius Brutus the Beast

Special thanks to:

Veldrin for helping with the equipment, prizes, ideas and organising of the tournament!

Clovis for doing a magnificent job as Percival the announcer and for waking up in the middle of the night to do his job. Smiley

Hrothgar for valuable ideas and a great slot in the Freedom Festival to hold the joust.

Octiovus and Gregor Eason for the authorisations.

Kal ShadowHand for many many crates on a very short notice Smiley

Thanks to everybody who attended!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 09:28:31 am by Killian » Logged
Killian
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 09:26:47 am »

I've hired a dozen of painters who, having positioned themselves on the roofs of nearby buildings, really captured the spirit of the evening! Although in whole there were over fifty paintings, here you shall find only the best:

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 09:52:10 am »

I was provided a LAME HORSE!

And of course I did not calculate the brisky wind into my joust naked approach  Cry

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 11:57:16 am »

Wha!? Buffed with brews! Lies!

Jus' a few Strength Potions so i could actually lift the bloodi' thing! *scowls*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length