Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:52:06 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Power Hour
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Power Hour  (Read 3251 times)
Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2005, 05:16:03 pm »

The idea of power hour for a RP guild is a time where everyone in the guild makes an active effort to log in and RP. Being a guild with 150+ we dont really need a power hour to increase activity as usually there is enough people about to have enough RP. Instead i recon we should have one to really push the envelope, really move the guild onto that next level. Imaging loogging in with 30+ members from all different parts of Cove (milita/peasents/nobles/clergy) online at the same time. The'll be crazy amounts of oppertunities for spontanious RPing which could lead to some really interesting scenarios.

What you guys recon?

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 05:45:37 pm »

We used to have powerhours, I think it was every Sunday, where we just witness RP at it's best, and create spontaneous RP.
But it died out. *Shrugs*

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 08:04:57 pm »

We had PH's every day, that was too much. But having a few a week could work!
In PH's we all went to Cove and RP there casually, was all good!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 08:29:37 pm »

I never really attended them much, too busy with exams before the holidays... But I'd come now=D
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 09:56:42 pm »

I think that's a really good idea, I mean many a time I log on in the mornings, or in the afternoons and there's no one online.

Having a power our would save people the effort of logging on, then finding out there's no one about, then logging back out again.

I dont think i was in the guild when you used to have Power Hours, so id like to try it out. Good idea. *grins*

Daelin
Covian Legend

Yes my Baron... I serve you well! - Daelin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 12:27:12 am »

Yup yup... We used to have powerhours like the others said but like most things it wouldn't work on roleplay alone.. We always added a little background quest or something or an event to the scenes of it.. Like a speech from the Baron or a public excecution.

But its also to create great events just out of the blue's... Me and Hrothgar set up a little something once within fifteen minutes.. I made stalls with Muldun and contacted people from BoC and Hrothgar invited people from other guilds to drop by.

Well the market (which was not planned) lasted around two hours with a public bath , tattoo shops , open air tavern and everything in it.

But powerhours are always great as long as you don't use them too much in a short time otherwise they'll lose their shine. Smiley
Gregor Eason
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 12:41:14 am »

Yeh, we did them before.

We tried them every evening, but that was too much. Once a week is good. We used to call it Covian Prime Time *Smirk* Its good to have something in the background as Ryan said, as spontaenity is WAY overrated.

Also, if its held every night.. sometimes it forms up a "Log on for one hour" culture, which is a bit lame.
But a proper Prime Time hour each week is definitely something we wanted to keep doing.

We need storylines though. Realistic, and relevant.
Who's interested? *Grins*
Killian
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 06:49:22 am »

This would be great. A time each Sunday when Guards and Citizens alike stick around inside Cove and not just in the barracks. Would be especially fun if there were pickpockets and criminals and the like to cause some trouble Smiley
Feraz
Elder Warrior, Screwup and Legendary Imbecile of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

For the Baronship i fall!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 10:02:21 am »

Did someone say Criminal and trouble?  Grin

Hmm aye a power hour is indeed a grand idea! Never really attended in many myself since my gf is a pain in my arse!

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 10:43:47 am »

Aye! Get em bandits down here to cause some trouble on Power Hour.
And yeah, that would be quite useful, its sometimes really frustrating when you're minding your own business, you dont have a care in the world, then BAM! You get attacked by a bandit and you cant get revenge 'cause they've already disappeared.

If we had bandit attacks in Power Hour, it would be more exciting 'cause 1.there'll be more people to try and stop them, and 2.it would be more exciting for the bandits and the militia.

Feraz
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 11:04:49 am »

Well i can try to arrange something with B^F and perhaps bring some BoC bandits allong to make something happend.. No promisses though

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 01:14:24 pm »

Oo, B^F eh? I dont think Ive roleplayed wth them yet, I remember seeing them lurking about a battle against Kaldorians once, but we didnt exactly interact with them...

Feraz
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 01:19:43 pm »

Then ye perhaps have a perfect oportunity if i can arrange something...  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length