Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:45:40 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  In Need of Advice...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In Need of Advice...  (Read 3636 times)
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2005, 01:23:13 pm »

I am in desperate need of fast cash... About 1 million as fast as possible... So I was wondering, can someone help me on what to hunt to get the mentioned sum as soon as possible?

And should I make a specific character to make the most money... I've heard tamers are the best but also the hardest to train... Bards should be good too... ALready got one in the making... But powertraining just sucks... Smiley

So all advice is welcome  Cheesy Huh Huh

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 02:31:25 pm »

Hmm,

*ponders*

Dragons, Fan Dancers and Rune beetles are good for cash, about 1000gp each kill.

Also, Bards are pretty good for cash aye, especially when you're good enough to provoke a dragon to attack another Dragon, alot of money when doing that.

May i ask why you need this money? I expect people may be willing to lend you a bit if they knew what it was for...

Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 05:26:06 pm »

When I first started playing this game, I believed that the focus on money is a lot smaller here than in other games, nevertheless it is there... And when one plays a warrior and that is the only GMed(and above) character you got, money doesn't come that easy I noticed...

Anyhow, I was going to buy a +20 stat scroll to further advance Grazgorn, in time I think I can manage to get that sum with Grazgorn alone, as I hate to begin a new character... It is kind of the playing style intended with the bard that I dislike... Play for the sake of money etc etc... Is not as compelling as roleplaying is, not by far...

At first it was a +25 stat scroll... But I think it was Ahmed that told me that it was useless since it would cost me about 3 millions and a +20 would only cost me 900k... So a +20 it is... WIthin time... Smiley

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 07:56:04 pm »

Go for a 115 scroll. Much cheaper and hardly any difference..!
Also, I'd get UO Assist for that extra bit to give you the edge In Game.

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 08:55:37 pm »

Mhm, UOAssist is very handy indeed, helps alot in duels and battles, instead of having to use the 'use last items' macro, you can just have a 'bandage self' macro! Works a treat!

Bad thing is UOAssist costs money Sad But hey! It helps your gaming!

Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 03:24:15 pm »

Well, so far I've been a good match and have a few losses in duels behind me... But in battle I guess UO assist it might be helpful, nevertheless... I pay for the game already and I won't pay for something I handle good by myself Smiley

And I have to add, Shadwell, not a skill scroll yet... Just the stat scroll so that I can raise agility strength and intelligence... But in time I will buy 115 skill scrolls... Soon enough... But not yet Smiley

Any more advice on how to raise a good sum of money in short time? I found that gargoyles are excellent money makers...

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 03:28:28 pm »

Ebay! If j00 r an Eb4ymunki, as people in the trade call em, you can buy money off ebay. I think 10mil goes for about £25 nowadays...

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 03:28:52 pm »

OR! Just have a look at the announcement board!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 04:11:45 pm »

As said, I already pay for the game and won't spend any real life money on improving my character...

So it is still only in-game advice on how to make big amounts of cash in little time, folks! Smiley

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 04:31:24 pm »

As Shadwell said....

Recruit like you've never done before!

Bring in bad recruits and I'll personally give you an IG wedgie!

Apart from that I'd say abuse the new ML shit....Get plenty of new 'fancy' stuff people are willing to pay outrageous prices for just because it's new. Personally I'd prefer ripping my own tongue out but hey...If you need cash...

Outside of that...Principles shminciples....It's not fun to farm something for UO Gold. So if you're old enough for it it's always MUCH more efficient to work for an hour or two and buy what you need rather then 'farming' ingame. If I'd still need money, it would just be a matter of efficiency for me. If I'm not mistaken it's about 5-6$ per million...So if you only need one million that's about 1 hours work at minimum wage Smiley Try making 1 million per hour ingame Smiley

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 06:38:29 pm »

I can give you a bit Smiley Got a few mils rotting in the bank,

ICQ me on 236-058-634, I'll try and help ye out Smiley

And being more productive, I get a LOT of cash looting other peoples kills in painted caves Smiley An hour or so = 100k, not bad if you only need a mil.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:56:07 pm by Garand » Logged

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 05:43:37 pm »

Gar! That is more like it...

A tip and a offer... Mwahahahar!

I'll give you a beep when I get to a computer with ICQ functioning.

Also, I am a bit "not-around" in UO nowadays... Lack of will to play... I'll be back soon nevertheless... Smiley

Jevonia
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 02:53:03 am »

Whats hot now is anything new.  So selling it makes gold fast!  If you don't have any crafters or can't survive in the new dungeons then marking runebooks with a mage is a good way to make gold.  50 runebooks at 20k = one million. These would have to be speciality books such as ore veins, or malas secret locations, etc...to get 20k for them.  Just copy them from runelibrarys.  Or you could recruit and get lots of gold from the Baron!     Kiss Kiss Kiss
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 09:54:01 am »

20k per rune book!!!

Whoa !!! I need to get my scribe on it!

Which go for 20k ore veins? dungeons? towns? I know a couple of decent rune libraries Smiley

Does anyone have an idea on pricing?

Also i must agree that if you need a mil then 6 quid on ebay is certainly worth it. (it's only a couple of beers less on a weekend after all Smiley)

It would take a damn site longer to earn it in game as opposed to RL.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length