Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:50:16 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  A Guildmaster's will from Turkey
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Guildmaster's will from Turkey  (Read 1653 times)
lilhelli
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2005, 10:54:36 pm »

Hello, this is Lil'Helli, the guildmaster of Sosarian Tradesman Guild.
I've been trying to create and maintain a really good Role Play guild where the main goal is to have fun. We are trying to create a village, trying to gather more population in the area.
Role Playing is a little below than what I am waiting but it is alright.
My question is, how do you maintain the role playing while working on this kind of a big guild?
Basically all we want is to get away from all those action-only players and have more fun creating quests, tournaments, markets...

Please help...I am kind of desperate.

Thank you
Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 11:12:30 pm »

I think what you should be worrying about first is the quality of your members, and the quality of those that lead them. If you say you believe the roleplaying is somewhat less than you'd had hoped for, it's probably time to enforce it to a level that it 'will be'. If you don't make clear to your members this is strictly a guild for roleplaying, nobody will actually bother to stay in character.

Next thing you want is a solid team leading the guild. A team that shares your vision, people you can count on to enforce whatever you had planned for.

Once you enhance the quality, you'll start attracting quality players that want to join your guild.

Just like with any business related issue in life, you need to make sure your goals are applied flawlessly. By setting goals, and creating a strong infrastructure to work with, you will see without error; perfection will blossom.

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,1556.msg14526.html#msg14526  <-- Baldies ownage!
Eason (12:40 AM) :
The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Well, by the sounds of what you're telling me, you are pretty hot yourself and stand a good chance of getting her I reckon. (Don't tell anyone I told you you're hot, or you die a grizzly death).
Eason Edit: And I was RIGHT TOO!
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 11:24:46 pm »

And if you are starting out having a few people play ungodly amounts of hours works too. (above rules of quality apply). Activity breeds activity so if you have a few people with a lot of playingtime people are bound to notice you.

You need people that'll stay online/incharacter and keep themselves 'busy' untill other people come online to RP with. It doesn't really work to just 'log on' when something is happening or for events.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length