Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:35:38 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  The Future of BoC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The Future of BoC  (Read 11544 times)
Ben Radau
Short but great!
Covian Regular

Stubborn dwarf

View Profile WWW
« on: October 31, 2005, 09:08:33 am »

Greetings everyone!
Because of my RL course I havenīt been able to play for weeks now, but I always visited the boards. During the past weeks the activities on our board became less, most posts were on the babble threat. Parallel to the reduced board activity was a reduced ingame activity, or so it seemed for me as an observer. And now, finally, our Baron leaves us.
Now some thoughts for the possible developement:
1. We have too much RP-activity. Donīt scream out loud, but if you take a look at the "still-active"-threat you recognize that most of us have 2 chars in the guild, most in the militia. But you canīt play both at the time... at least I canīt. So our possible activities get reduced by half. I suggest we stay to one principle: KISS - keep it simple and stupid... the church "died" by too less activity, and I fear our peasants will do so also. Letīs return to the roots.
2. We have to make a roll-call to see who will "survive" after the Baronīs leave and Valiroīs new guild...maybe even a restructure.
Okay, that were some of my thoughts... I really donīt like the idea of seeing another guild die... "BdF", a guild of another char of mine, got more and more inactive, Becca saw "ACE" break and reform, I hate it...

*sighs*

Had to say it...

*signed*
Dwarf - Scout - Junior
Pigeon cage: 16668006
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 09:54:49 am »

Although Raiden is currently doing his Grenadier trials I'm still quite new to BoC and RP in general and so I think i'm as disappointed and distressed as anyone with what has happened in the last week or so.

It is fair to say that we have lost some good men to Grd and of course some very experienced men too but I think there are enough good men still left in Cove for the Baronship to prosper - whoever is in command.

I noticed from the boards that we seemed to have had a large influx of recruits in the last couple of weeks so i think it is up to us guys to make sure they have plenty to do - I know when i first joined I was always rounded up for patrols and sentry duties and i think it is up to us guys to make sure that 'em recruits are kept busy an' learn the ways o' the Militia. FOR COVE!!!

*encourages*

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 01:28:15 pm »

That's the spirit Raiden!

1) Making sure there's excited things to do.

- Don't always do the same dungeoncrawl. Be creative. Roleplay. Visit neighbouring towns. Set up some roleplay with the church or the citizenship.
- Especially when few people are online it's important to do a small patrol or hunt, gather some resources for the guild. Do a pilgrimmage. Go exploring, etc. Activity breeds activity so don't be alarmed when few people are online. Hang in there and more will come.

2) Recruit

- One of those things you can roleplay easily on your own is going to foreign towns and dropping off leaflets or talking to the people there (Try something different then WBB or Haven...Plenty of other towns, hotspots and even dungeons)
- Make sure you support recruits as much as you can. They're the lifeblood of the guild. Support them in developping their roleplay!

3) Establish some intrigue

Don't be afraid or don't wait for command to organize some intigue. DON'T go hopping through towns and locations looking for a fight, but visit other guilds, barter for items, drink an ale, try to hook into their plots, establish new ones.

BoC is as fun as you make it!

Twothumb
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 03:42:23 pm »

A little notice from Vesper is that we welcome any interaction with you guys.

Be it we are going to you or the other way around....  both we welcomed.

Leeching on eachother events is something i am a strong beliver in so that events get a good turnout and the people who do events dont get burned out by trying to do to many events.

Apart from that I dont know enought on the BoC internal things to say much.

/Twothumb , GM of V
Odenetheus
Maestro
Covian Regular

Kill! Maim! Burn!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 06:19:19 pm »

Remember, the church is your friend!

Seriously, I think that the future of BoC is bright, with all new officers and Command.
Henrich Beaufort
Captain, Britannia Guards
Covian Citizen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 06:47:33 pm »

I've certainly got some Scenario ideas floating about in my head, just hope something'll come of them, and they'll be enjoyable. Tongue

If we all stick at it, sure BoC'll have a bright future.
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 06:48:22 pm »

Wistle Whilst You Work, Hugo Is A Jerk.
So The Churchy, They've No Mercy.
Hugo Is A Jerk!!
 Cheesy

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 07:30:37 pm »

Had a look at SK today, was 5 ex- Covians and one Yewian Cheesy This is but a plot to take over Yew!
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 07:32:12 pm »

Don't forget that those who left for GRD did so because they felt it was the best solution.

We wish them the best of luck and will remain dear friends!

Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 10:40:01 pm »

Ofcourse!  Smiley They are probelly right anyway.

Gregor Eason
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 11:53:10 pm »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!?!
*EYES*
Seamus
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 12:26:59 am »

Right cove was my first roleplay guild although i am in others and all i can say is that the guild is one of the best run and the most fun so dont despair anyone it will get better especially with Erik in charge and the return of our beloved but apparently dead commander
Gregor Eason
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 01:31:31 am »

Watch the movies for my cunning escape!
http://cove.fantasyworld.nl

Check the sideboard, "An Ending..."
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 03:01:23 am »

As i miss cove, i dearly do, John follows the baron anywhere, wich is why he had to leave for yew.

Gotta say though, its great. But we all miss ya. Anyhow Gregor, we all want to see the last part!

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Gregor Eason
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 03:49:28 am »

This is the last part Cheesy