Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:50:16 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Destard Hunt Report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Destard Hunt Report  (Read 2110 times)
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2005, 07:04:50 pm »

Hunt to Destard:

When: The 4th of November at 2000 GMT
Where to: Destard

Guardsmen in attendance:
- Delcarakdur, Watchman (Leading officer)
- Ahmed Al Maktoum, Grenadier Sergant
- Erik Arkay, Grenadier Corporal
- Grief Dryfh Gry, Senior Guardsman
- Drachir, Regular Scout
- Hoagie, Watchman
- Marie Le Blanc, Guardsman Recruit(Watchman ?)
- Roland Dagorian, Watchman
- A Dwarfen Recruit (Please post yer name below)
- Khaelieth, Trade Minister
- Kasei Senzei, Mercenary

After recent events, or upheavals rather, I thought that it would be good to take the baron's leave from Cove off the mind of the guardsmen. Therefore I decided that something really dangerous would suit the men fine, Destard with it's Dragons and Wyrm were our destination. After the men had assembled outside the barracks, I asked Khaelieth to open us a gate. As we arrived at the entrance we prepared ourselves for heavy combat...

The guardsmen stand ready outside Destard

As we all knew too well, there were too many dragon hunters at the first level of the dungeon, we quickly penetrated further down into the mines, until we discovered a demonic altar. Several mages were forming a circle around it as if they were summoning something. Suddenly several demons popped out of the diagram accompanied by a large cloud of smoke and the smell of brimstone. They were still no match for the men from Cove, and we dully slayed them and dispatched of the evil mages.

Heading further down into the dungeon

The demons and mages taste covian steel

As I observed the men slaughter the last demon, I ordered them down another hole, from which a foul odour and a hot breeze emanated from. this was undoubtedly the lair of the great Ancient Wyrm, a monstrous and incredibly dangerous dragon. A paragon of it's kin. After many futile attempts at slaying it, Grenadier Corporal Erik Arkay, shot it through it's armour plated head and it dropped dead on the ground.

Grenadier Corporal Erik Arkay shows us how it is done

As I was about to order a fighting retreat, Erik had another of his cunning plans:
"Let's slay a Shadow Wyrm lads! It's a cunnin' plan I tell ye!"
Though a bit of muttering and grunting was the only answers coming from the men, they grudgingly agreed. We penetrated deeper into the dragon lair and found not only one but two of the mighty wyrms. This surely was a mated couple. The men had to flee for their lives, but inch for inch, foot for foot, we gained the upper hand, until both of the wyrms lay dead. A gargantuan effort on behalf of Cove.

Both Shadow Wyrms finally lie dead

Satisfied with our effort we headed back to the barracks, and under shouted cries: "FOR COVE", the brave men were dismissed

Dismissed!

*signed*
Watchman Delcarakdur

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 12:54:23 am »

*Mutters*
Arkay and his "cunning plans", pfft!
Excellent report, Watchman Delcarakdur; and a well led Hunt!
Nay bad for an Elf with only one hand. *Grins*

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Ben Radau
Short but great!
Covian Regular

Stubborn dwarf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 10:40:57 am »

*strolls past the board and notices this post, starts to read, remembers the pain from being knocked down a few times and his anger on the damn dargons, gets out his pencil and writes a short note below the post*
I was also there and had the "pleasure" to take part on those great plans...
*sighs and walks away*

*signed*
Dwarf - Scout - Junior
Pigeon cage: 16668006
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 05:44:58 pm »

[OOC: could anyne in command move this to my watchman trials page? It is a part of it and should therefore be placed there instead...

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length