Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:31:58 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Sentry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Sentry  (Read 1993 times)
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2005, 10:05:54 pm »

Report: A Late Evening Sentry
Date of Event: 031205
Led by: Judas Deibau

Attending:
Judas Deibau, junior guardsman
Grazgorn, Watchman
Constantius, Guardsman recruit
Erik Arkay, Grenadier Sergeant
Vince Valentine, regular grenadier
Kal Shadowhand, Regular Scout

As Grazgorn was fending of another foul ratman, he could hear the distant cry of his owl, which sole purpose was to lend Grazgorn messages. He sighed as he ran through another pack of ratmen at the same time he was delivering swift kicks and fast slashes to any opponents coming to close. He continued running away from the packs until he felt somewhat safe from the foes crossbows. The owl landed on his arm and Grazgorn carefully removed the note not to upset his pet. He read it quickly and then quickly scribbled down a note, which said "I'll be right there". Grazgorn then let his owl fly away to the barracks to inform Judas. As he turned he could hear some creatures trying to sneak up behind him, he looked at them as they realized they had been compromised. As cold as the wind that blew from the north, Grazgorn uttered a few words before continuing his travel to the barracks:
"Lets get this overwith vermins, duty calls"

So Judas had called for some guardsmen to build a sentry and keep a sentry log on who entered and exited the town of Cove. Exhausted as I was I quickly ran and placed myself in the already formed line.

Just about time to show up I guess.

We was ordered to quickly march down to the gates of Cove, where he gave each and everyone an objective to complete. The two grenadiers attending, Erik and Vince, was told to run out in the forests to get some piles of animal hides. We who were left, me Kal and Constantius, were told to begin building the sentry.

Judas informs us on how to proceed.

Effectively marking and building the base structure of the sentry allowed us to
complete a nice and steadfast little wall with relatively high paste. Tired as I
was of fighting all of these vermin creatures, I will admit that I was a bit
lazy. But it wasn't entirely my fault. Nooo, those darn hides just had to fall
off the crates all the time.

The buggered hides just wouldn't stay in place!!!

Once the sentry was assembled and finished, we all went in to position ourselves. The two grenadiers duty was to guard the gates and block it from travellers with ill intentions.Kal, however, had disappeared. And Constantius were guarding. I was ordered to keep a sentry log, but I accidently dropped it. However, there was only one single man entering and exiting Cove after the sentry had been finished. His intentions was to trade, a merchant from distant lands supposedly. He was dressed in really strangely coloured clothes, so I can only assume he was not from these parts of Trammel.

The finished sentry, and a fine one it was!

The weirdest thing then happened. An awkward silence had fallen over Cove. The
birds in the forests had stopped singing, and there was not a sound. Not even
from the inside of Cove itself. Judas then whispered to us that he saw something
in the forests, just running by. And when I think about it, I can swear I saw
something running fast as the wind through the trees, right there, in the shadows. I silently asked Judas if I were to arm up and wait for further instructions. He nodded. Then as sudden as an arrow pierces your armour the gates smashed opened. But there were noone to be seen. Judas cursed. And then from nowhere someone dressed in dark attacked Erik from the shadows. We were all very alert and attacked with swiftness, but before we could even reach this man in black he was gone again. Judas ordered me and Constantius to check inside the town for this assassin. Out of nowhere a fast blade reached for me, lucky as I am, my reflexes took control and I used the grip of my axe to hit the man over his wrist causing him to drop his weapon. It went silent again, and the man from the shadows had once again disappeared. Suddenly he attacked again, but from another direction. This time I was ready for it and parried his attack. I told Constantius to tell the others that the assassin was still inside the town. Vince came to join me and continue look for the man inside the town. We went from house to house looking for him. When we returned the threat had been disposed of.

Me and Vince clearing every building, some citizens were obviously upset with us breaching in as they were having some kind of argue in there.

Judas told us that we were no longer safe and that we should quickly get
ourselves out of there, not allowing any attackers to get any advantage. We
quickly began removing the sentry, and then Kal returned. It seemed to me he was trying to hide a wound on his left cheek. I asked where it came from and he
claimed that he had been attacked by something in the forests. It was probably that assassin who did it to him.

We were ordered to remove the sentry as quick as...

Done as we were with our objectives we were lined up and informed about the
situation of what was known to the moment. Judas told us that we had done a good effort for the, former, baronship of Cove. We were then dismissed. But just a little while after this sentry Erik had a little training event in mind. We
quickly went to refresh ourselves, but this is the end of this report however.

We are dismissed after a strange evening.

I am curious though, where these assassins come from. What I have experienced of Yew this isn't something they would do... Or is it?

*signed*
Grazgorn, watchman of Cove
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 10:07:29 pm by Grazgorn » Logged

Judas
Covian Citizen

There is only one way ...the COVE Way !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 10:19:49 pm »

Great report man! Well worth the wait.
Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 11:54:27 pm »

I agree!