Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:13:19 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Question about the War
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Question about the War  (Read 4819 times)
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:26:24 pm »

I'm just wondering why guard can attack Cove directly but we can't attack Yew.  Do they have a direct passage to attack Cove?  It's just last time I checked we beat them close to Yew then they beat us and now all of the sudden they're attacking us directly?

It's not a complaint I just want to know what's going on with the war right now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 09:45:17 pm by Kurt Alimar/Markus » Logged
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 10:12:14 pm »

Yeh, Thats a good question...

We Want Our Rights To Attack Yew!

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 11:49:06 pm »

Attacks on Cove and vica versa are only allowed when arranged.

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 08:02:11 am »

Piffle

Bayne
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 12:14:45 pm »

But the Yew attacks on Cove for the most part have not been arranged. They've just turned up to the barracks in force several days in a row, ganking anyone in sight. The large battle yesterday was the first one that's been arranged as far as I know.

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 12:18:48 pm »

Battles are always arranged OOC, they're not necassarily always arranged IC. If they're not arranged, then its a breach of CoRE rules, but its highly unlikely GRD (a professional guild) would break any rules.

For me that's a good thing, would you want to always know when things were going to happen? Of course you wouldn't it would take all the surprise out of the game.

To add to the arrangment of battles, it was probably an Officer who arranged these attacks from GRD without telling you guys to make your gaming more fun, so you should thank the fact that you got whooped without knowing coz it made it a hell of alot more fun!

Kaelith Anar
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 12:43:34 pm »

Grd don't follow CoRE RoE.
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 12:46:30 pm »

They do when rping with guild that has CoRE rules.

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 02:37:15 pm »

It's one of those (plenty) examples where you have to do something because it's the right thing, and not because someone else does otherwise.

Large scale battles are organised on an OOC level because it's the sensible thing to do. Sometimes that 'arrangement' doesn't get said as such on our end and sometimes things are not properly communicated or forgotten. That doesn't justify 'reprimanding' with the same thing.

Treat people the way you would like to be treated in cases like this.

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 03:07:57 pm »

Whilst i agree that an attack we don't know about that has been arranged by an officer is a lot more spontaneous fun the only problem i have is this , THEY know about if well enough in advance to turn up in force and gank us cos no one is around thinking nothing is happening.  Perhaps set some other event going at that time to get people there without knowing the true reason would make for a more even battle meaning more fun for all?  Just a suggestion

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 03:30:27 pm »

Actually no one in grd knew until like 5min after all the covians had arrived. Except who ever arranged it of course. The one leading it from grds side had an event to turn people out before the battle, allthough most people left lol

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Bayne
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 03:58:19 pm »

My complaint is logging in to UO making my way to the barracks to see if anything is happening, only to run into a force of ten Grd outside the barracks who attempt to gank me on sight (though luckily I managed to loose them after a bit of a jog). I suppose if a battle had been arranged then they would probably have assumed me as part of the defending force, though unlikely due to me being unarmed and just walking happily up to the barracks. Not much can be done at the end of the day I suppose.

RP wise however if grd are attacking Cove directly then we should have at least 20 minutes warning as scouts and possibly civilians would report the incoming force from a long way off. just a thought.

Klion
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 07:16:34 pm »

They do when rping with guild that has CoRE rules.

Sorry John, you're wrong. We don't follow the CoRE RoE under any circumstances, so we don't actually need to give any warning before a battle. That said, every attack on Cove that I was involved with was with the permission of your leaders. I can't really recall any incidents that were otherwise.

It's very easy to take the moral high-ground for your guild and accuse us of being in the wrong, and it would be easy enough for me to do the same, claiming you all suck. Truth is however, mistakes are always made on both sides of the fence. You guys fuck up, and so do we.

What matters is that at the end of the day we need to respect one another, because neither of us is faultless. Slagging us off won't foster a good reputation, it will just cause things to slide toward bitterness OOC.

Rgds, Klion
Europas hottest GM!

Ben Radau
Short but great!
Covian Regular

Stubborn dwarf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 07:31:25 pm »

Hiho!!
This discussion leads to a dead end. Take it as a professional: war is hell, there is no forwarning - at least sometimes... and the stuff with scouts and shouting villagers works as long as no magic is involved. Unfortunately some of us have to ability to open gates to almost all places of this more (Cove) or less (Yew/ Trinsic) world, so donīt fight the problem.
And the thing with the numeral superiority? Well, if we stop to fight uncoordinated when outnumbered, our chances are better. And who forces us to stay and fight? Why not delay, call for reinforcements? Astonishingly lots of people suddenly become online when a battle starts :c). Of course it is frustrating arriving at the barracks and being hunted by superior numbers. But thatīs UO life :c)
*walks away whistling and enjoying RL*

*signed*
Dwarf - Scout - Junior
Pigeon cage: 16668006
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 04:38:42 am »

Back in the days of real, There was never any warnings of up coming battles. The Kings would send out his forces for the soul purpose to defeat the enemy just to put another knotch on his wall or what ever he kept count on.

Besides this is just a game, You really don't die you get rezzed where back in the day no one was able to rezz.
I agree, After the battles are said and done Respect Your Fellow GamerKEEP THE OOC PEACE

If we loose the respect for each other the RP world would go to shit. I haven't been on Europa nearly as long as some of you, But I have the up-most respect for everyone in the Rp world and out of the RP world.

So please keep the Respect going, Like it was said several Thousand times YOU WIN SOME AND YOU BLOODIE WELL WILL LOOSE SOME, Lick your wounds and get ready for the next event
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 04:41:24 am by Kal Shadowhand » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length