Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:51:18 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Recruit Cadre Roll Call
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Cadre Roll Call  (Read 2340 times)
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2006, 10:03:41 pm »

Those attending todays Cadre, sign below.

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 01:02:43 am »

Was there, sah! Guardsman Recruit Dermott Eason.
And a little Report to go with, eh eh?

Recruit Cadre - Sunday, 29/01/06
Having just only donned my Army uniform given to me by Scout Sergeant Valiro, I raced toward the recently acquired Covian Stronghold just outside the City Gates! I met with another Recruit who went oddly by the name of Asur, but quickly shifted my focus to a rather large guardsman atop the Stronghold shouting at me!

Attendance List
Commanding: Delcarakdur, Regular Highlander
* Dylan Freewater, Guardsman Recruit
* Asur Tiranoc, Guardsman Recruit
* Dermott Eason, Guardsman Recruit

Racing up the stairs, I arrived at the Recruit Cadre. I stood to attention with another Guardsman Recruit who seemed already experienced in the Covian ways. His name was Dylan Freewater, and upon completion of this Cadre was due for promotion to Watchman! I could only dream of the day I make Watchman...

Regular Highlandar Delcarakdur was quick to insight discipline into us fresh chaps. He quickly engaged us in basic Covian Army orders. Lots of FORM! And TRACKER'S LINE! Was shouted. I was quite new to these orders having just come from the idolic life in Britain, but I took to them quickly; trying to match the skill and speed of the experienced Recruit (Now Watchman) Freewater.
My gaze did shift to Recruit Asur though, who seemed to be taking the one handed Regular for a ride.. Acting very slow, and with an air of rebellion against the Highlander.

Nevertheless, we went on with our Training.. which eventually led to Combat Conditioning! Ugh..
Regular Highlander Delcarakdur impressed us with his honed combat skills, and was able to stand against all three of us Recruits! Alas, I fell rather quickly.. having not trained sufficiently to stand toe to toe with the experienced Covian guardsman.

After our introduction to combat, Regular Delcarakdur ordered his downstairs to the front of the Stronghold, where we quickly set up a fortified Sentry. We did nay hold it long, but t'was not our objective to. T'was merely a show at how to construct and maintain a working Covian Sentry.

T'was a grand Cadre! One I enjoyed, and am glad to have out of the way.

Signed, Dermott Eason
Guardsman Recruit, Covian Army
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:10:04 am by Gregor Eason » Logged
Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 09:12:56 am »

Excellent, I was actually thinking of doing the report myself, but your quick and helpful thinking saved me of some work. I'll mention that to my superiors.

I will add to the report however, the ratings of the recruits that passed:

1. Dylan Freewater, Excelled, passed with full honors.
2. Dermott Eason, Astonishing effort to be a fresh recruit. Passed with full honors.
3. Asur Tiranoc, Poor grades, sloopy discipline, no knowledge of basics order. Barely passed.

*signed*
Regular Highlander Delcarakdur

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 09:28:11 am »

Should have a cadre where they learn the orders then shouldn't you?

Jack Sinist

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 09:37:58 am »

We expect recruits to have aquiered some knowledge of basic commands such as form, shatter, line and tracker's line during their brief stay. Secondly, the recruit cadre is here to make sure that the recruits have learned these commands properly. Thank you for "informing" me of the obvious.

*signed*

Octie:
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 09:42:42 am »

And how are these recruits supposed to know what they never get to learn. I imagine how it would be more fit for a higher ranked officer to teach the basics to a recruit then for him or her to see to it themselves. Now for stating the obvious, I'm happy to help with whatever I can in days of old...

Jack Sinist

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."

Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 09:46:06 am »

*frowns as he reads the note*

*mutters* Whelp... *as he writes as new note*

Any critics to my work, please adress to me in person. Besides, orders have an entire chapter to themselves in the tome, and recruits are supposed to know thw tome well.

*signed*
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:10:14 am by Delcarakdur » Logged

Octie:
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 02:14:27 pm »

A mere suggestion, no need to be offended.

Jack Sinist

We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: