Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:10:57 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Baron's Loyalty
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Baron's Loyalty  (Read 6579 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 07:25:10 pm »

Basic training report

Ordered by: Highlander Corporal Delcarakdur.

Led by: Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.

Attended by: Junior Guardsman Edmund Rufus, Junior Guardsman Regdar, Guardsman Recruit Lareth, Regular Highlander Raiden Morana, Junior Guardsman Jack Sinist, Regular Highlander Thomas Sendrich, Junior Dragoon Nicholi, Junior Scout Cor'Ari Ta, Watchman Yue Yan, Junior Scout Olchafa Serpernt, Junior Dragoon Vincent Redfield, Regular Grenadier Gimbly, Officer Cadet Vince Valentine.

Once we returned to the barracks after fighting off a small force of Kaldorians I rang the barrack's bell and ordered all available guardsmen to the rooftop for training. It took some time for them all to get up the stairs, but eventually a line formed before my marvellous stool of Command.

Sitting, the position of Command.

Kas Valentine: "Right then, time to begin, any late comers will just have to chuffing well catch up. I see that you all hold your heads up high, as though proud of yourselves. Well let me tell you, although some of you are rough and tough while others sport bellies not unlike my own, you could ALL do with some relentless unforgiving exercise."

....and with that I ordered the entire squad on a run to the northern crossroads of Compassion desert and back again. Of course I would have to be there to make sure no-one cheated so I gathered up my stool of Command and invoked the spell of recall to the location they would soon arrive at.

The weather was sunny and pleasant at the crossroads so I cooled myself down and awaited the approach of the coming guardsmen.

Hard work this leadership business.

Surprisingly enough my apprentice Regdar was the first to arrive, looking fresh as a daisy and ready for more punishment exercise. I had Regdar form the beginnings of a line and soon enough it was filled out as more and more guardsmen arrived at the crossroads. Regular Grenadier Gimbly arrived looking slightly worse for wear and instantly began pleading for me to take him back via magical enchantment.

Gimbly: "Please open a portal, just for you and I, come on sir I need it ! I've got a rare condition known only to slightly senile bald men, I swear I'll die."

Kas Valentine: "I believe that condition has a name Gimbly, they call it poppycock, you will run back to the barracks as ordered."

Once Gimbly and the guardsmen had set off I gathered my stool and teleported back to the barracks to greet them with open arms (or at least unlimited scorn). I had time to fix my hair and get comfortable on the stool of Command before a slow trickle of Covians marched up to the rooftop.

Have pity for the Baron's Own.

Now I'm not a cruel man, having seen what my run did to most of the guardsmen I decided it was probably high time I gave them something relaxing to do.

Kas Valentine: "You over there stop that wheezing and can someone pick up the Grenadier please...? Thank you very much. To continue your training for this evening we will follow up your physical exercise with some mental strain. Oh yes, that's right my pets, EQUIPMENT CHECK."

The equipment was as follows;

Halberds: Everything was in order except for Yue Yan and Vincent Redfield who claimed they weren't strong enough to wield such weapons of war. I listened to their concerns and then scribbled a note to contact a worthy blacksmith and have some crafted especially.

Bedrolls: Young Vince Valentine had a somewhat disturbing brown stain on his bedding which I insisted he taste to prove it was "nothing special". However Redfield quickly informed me that old brown stains can be fatal if consumed so I quickly stopped the Officer Cadet and went on with my inspection.

A few of the guardsman claimed they prefered to sleep on the ground (Nicholi, Jack Sinist) whereas others (Vincent Redfield, Edmund Rufus) had no need for sleep whatsoever. Aside from that all the sleeping materials appeared to be in order.

Bandages: Each and every guardsmen had a splendid amount of clean bandages, even Vince. However the Watchmistress Yue Yan had an accident in her backpack which resulted in her bandages smelling faintly of jasmine. Once I had inhaled the sweet fragrance there was no going back, I insisted that in future everyone should follow her delightful example.

Torches: Some guardsmen had torches, some guardsmen could see in the dark and one of them even had a really posh lantern thing. Either way if they suddenly become trapped in the forests after dark, visibility will not be a problem.

Outcome of equipment check: Satisfactory.

Kas leaves a stool sample behind when he stands up.

At this point I lost my Grenadiers, Vince and Gimbly were called away by Senior Guardsman Grief Dryfh Gry to help with the Kaldorian prisoner. Since the guardsmen had excelled at the running and equipment checking I decided to allow them some battle games.

I elected Jack and Vincent as leaders and instructed them to form two teams.

Once they had picked their members they looked a little like this;

Team Block O'Rock:
Vincent Redfield
Thomas Sendrich
Cor'Ari Ta
Yue Yan
Nicholi

Team Stab Yo'Face:
Jack Sinist
Raiden Morana
Edmund Rufus
Regdar
Lareth

The rules were as follows;

• No special moves
  • The defending team stays in place
  • The attacking team attempts to drop the defenders
  • After the first round the teams switch places
[/b]

When everyone was clear on the rules I cast a magical wall in the center of the ring with the instruction that they begin battle when it disappeared.

The wall dropped and battle commenced.

The Covian rumble.

Team Stab Yo'Face walked away with the first round after a valiant attempt at defence by young Redfield. The teams reformed but unfortunately Vincent had to address some urgent business and so Olchafa Serpernt took his place on Team Block O'Rock.

The second round commenced with Sinist's team defending.

Jack explains his intricate methods to the phillistines.

Sadly I forgot to review the rules to our new member and some special moves found their way to Team Stab Yo'Face thus disqualifying the second round (despite victory by Team Block O'Rock). I proposed a second round but Sinist disagreed and accepted defeat despite the unfair advantages his team had faced.

At this point Sinist and Sendrich had to attend some pressing duties so I granted them dismissal and ordered the remaining guardsmen back into a line. They were clearly eager for more battle so I ordered a last man standing. However once in position they seemed a little slow to begin so I shouted some encouragement....

Kas Valentine: "Come on you lot I want to see blood, tears and heartbreak!"

.....and the final battle got underway.

Show me the suffering !

In the end Vincent Redfield emerged as the victor despite several long battles with his fellow guardsmen. I organised the men and women and complimented their fine display of skill in service of the mighty Baronship. With a tip of my cap and a hearty salute I dismissed them all from duty.

I am your father !

They all performed brilliantly and will doubtless be a great service to Cove.

State of the guardsmen: Well equipped and ready for battle.

(I may have missed one or two names, if this is the case, please contact me in writing)

*signed beautifully in long flowing handwriting*
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine[/i].

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 11:40:18 pm »

Healing training

Highlander Corporal Delcarakdrur's training rota.

Led by: Junior Guardsman Jack Sinist

Attended by:

First part:

Corporal Hrothgar D'Mar
Regular Dragoon Thomas Sendrich
Second part:

Corporal Hrothgar D'Mar
Junior Dragoon Nicholi

Third part:

Regular Highlander Kurt
Junior Dragoon Nicholi

I had planned a massive healing training with alot of new ideas. But unfortunaly I never got to try them out because of the poor attendance.

So I had to work with what I had, being always two people. I tought I was going to try out running while healing. A nice tequiniqe if you learn it.

Hrothgar standing next to Thomas at the far west of the arena, ready to run back and forth the arena five times while hitting eatchother, but at the same time healing eatchother. The one making the other one fall has then failed.

They both stayed up and healed eatchother good all five laps. And then Thomas was replaced by Nicholi..

So with a new line up I descided to try something else.. One attacker, one healer and one flee'er. Bascicly the attacker (me) attacked the flee'er (Hrothgar) and the healer tries to run after and heal the flee'er (Nicholi). This did not end well as Nicholi neglected healing Officer D'Mar making him fall pretty fast..

So I tried something else when Officer Hrothgar was replaced with Regular Kurt. Standing healing. They stand toe to toe without any armour, bouncing hits on eatchother while healing eatchother.

It went fairly well. After this I finished off with a last man standing and then dissmised them.

Jack Sinist

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 11:11:13 pm »

TAVERN NIGHT - Raiden's Baron's Loyalty Task.

Led By:
Raiden, Regular Highlander.

Attended by:
Covian Guardsmen
Nicholi
Cor' Ari Ta
Dalamar
Jonas
Kyte
Yue Yan

Guests
Tweeso and friends including the lovely Tammy *winks*

If i missed any guardsmen orf meh apologies bu' i wuz very verrrrry drrrrunk!

I thought i would try and make an effort fer the tavern night and Amon Jarl promised me he could "source" some fine wine, ale and liquor as well as some fashionable attire.

Piffle!

I arrived with three cases o' dodgey booze and an even dodgier shirt!

Raiden ripped off?

The tavern seemed a little bare wi' only a handful of guardsmen but i was determined that we would have a good time. Just then tha' plucky little fella Tweeso an' some o' his friends arrived.

I thought we was bein' invaded at first but they all seemed friendly enough... they had obviuosly heard that i throw a good party!

With the drink flowing and the evening in full flow i asked Cor' Ari Ta to collect names for the lottery draw and i sorted out the darts contest.

Raiden's tavern night in full flow.

A roast pig dinner was up for grabs for the darts contestants. A fine prize indeed! And it took some catchin'. Nicholi fancied 'is chances as did one or two other entrants. But the gorgeous Tammy one of Tweeso's friends top scored from her three throws to take home the spoils.

I offered tay join her for the meal along with some fine wine, candle lit  table etc. but i think her pigeon must 'av got eaten by panda's or something.

A young Recruit named Kyte had a lucky night! Not only did i agree tay take him on as an apprentice he won the lottery and the princely some of ten thousand gold coins in the form of a bank cheque. The lad favours the Dragoons i fear but i will tutor him in the ways of the army and brainwash him to join the mighty Highlanders.

A good night was had by all i think.

*signed*

Raiden, Regular Highlander.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:16:32 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Tweeso Pebble
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 10:48:59 am »

Althrough , I was in the Black team even if I often do show in green. The Black team assaulted and so on..
But a good training aswell.

*Signed*
Scout Sergeant Valiro Gryphonclaw
   Cove Army & Command
Nicholi Ravnthorn
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 03:51:55 pm »

Fitness Training

Ordered by:
Highlander Corporal Delcarakdur.

Led By:
Nicholi~Junior Dragoon

Attending:
Vincent Redfiled~Junior Dragoon
Cor'Ari Ta~Junior Scout
Hoagie~Junior Guardsman

I hade them start by stripping off there armor and start te run five laps aroun' da areana, te get them warmed up. After the warm up we started mustle building exercises. I 'ade 'em do a couple of press ups, all our Guardsmen 'ave to be strong!

After those press ups, weh started a toe-te-toe no movement boxen match. Te teach 'em how te take a few punchs an' deal wit' pain. I figure evereh guardsman need ter beh able te cope wit' a tad of pain.

Upon completeion of da boxen matches weh started some out numbered drills dat, Vincent asked fer. Dese drills didn't qwork out as I planned, so I jus' said "sod it!" an' weh finished up with da normal Free Fer All! an' of course Vincent was da victor here. I think everehone dat showed up fer dis trainin' left a bi' slimmer, an' maybe a little bruised. *smirks*

*Signed*
Nicholi Ravnthorn
Junior Dragoon
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length