Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:43:32 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial: Edmund Rufus - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial: Edmund Rufus - COMPLETED  (Read 3140 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: February 16, 2006, 05:21:39 am »

"Rufus, Rufus, Rufus.. Feather's Apprentice. Hrmm..  Potential Light Company perhaps?" Eason stamped down on a parchment. Trial approved!

Watchman's Trial: Edmund Rufus
Addressed to Watchman Edmund Rufus

Rufus!
Ye've been working away at ye promotion well. Not t'is time for the real gem. The Watchman's Trial. This is ye opportunity to display ye commitment and hard working nature to the Covian Army and, ultimately, the Baronship of Cove. Get the Trial done quickly, polishing off ye requirements, and ye may very well be receiving the Covian Cap this Sunday.
Tally HO!
Gregor Eason, Exploring Officer

Tasks
* Lead a Patrol around the Covian Shire until darkness falls, and then set up Camp for the night.
* Lead a Training Session inside the Covian Walls.

* Gather Knowledge on this mysterious Auxil character...

Conditions
* Patrol must include at least THREE other guardsmen.
* Camp must be set up and held DURING the night.
* Training Session must include at least THREE other guardsmen.
* Knowledge gathered on Auxil must be extensive. Check old Reports, speak with witnesses, and so on.
* ALL aspects of this Trial must be documented in THIS thread.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 07:45:05 am by Gregor Eason » Logged
Leofwin Edmundson
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 05:38:15 pm »

Investigation into Auxil: Interim Report

Edmund settles down to write his report. He had been concerned but not overly worried about the recent strange events around Cove. Now he had dug deeper he was worried, deeply worried. With his hand trembling slightly he sets quill to parchment

To Exploring Officer Eason

Sir. Here is my report on my investigations so far. I had planned to complete my enquiries before reporting but I hope that reporting now will encourage others to come forward with information. Futhermore I believe Cove to be in great danger and hope that I may convince others of the need for action!

Thus far I have completed the following:
Examined and summarised the army reports
Checked the Archives in the library
Conducted interviews with Kurt and Hrothgar

Summary of Army Reports
Day 1: Delcarakdur apprehends a criminal who has assaulted him. Prisoner gives his name as George. Hrothgar reconises a sketch of the prisoner as a man who was talking of paying homage to a deity called Auxil

Day 2:  Bayne and Junior Redfield arrest a man who attacked them. He has a mask sewn onto his face. This man is later identified as Regnier.

Day 3: Nicholi, Althalus and Kurt come across the mutilated corpses of Covian citizens along with a warning note.

Later the same day Thomas Sendrich is attacked by a masked man  whilst on watch at the prison. No-one escapes but a prisoner is found gashed and bruised.

Day 5: Delcarakdur reports finding Redgar, Chaffers and Vincent Redfield badley shaken after an encounter with a being clothed entirely in red.

Day 6: The following Event was not reported in the army log. I report it now as I was there.
After attacking Delcarakdur the man  known as Regnier was taken into custody. We had just got him into the cells when some-one dressed entirely in Black descended the stairs. I do not know what happened after this as I must have fallen asleep. When I awoke the figure in black (The Black Wizard?) and the prisoner Regnier were gone.
( Note to Exploring Officer Eason: My deepest apologies sir. I did not report this in the army log as I was afraid I would be punished for sleeping on duty. )

Day 7: Adrain Starspan reports seeing a man who was talking of Auxil a “new deity over Cove”. This man later murders Martyn Ravnthorn by throwing the injured man from the barracks roof. The murderer is later identified, by Kurt, as Regnier.

Day 8: Dermott Eason reports on a patrol to the Orc fort. Shortly after hearing a huge cheer and shouting from the Orcs a person or being, dressed entirely in red appears and vanquishes them.

Interviews Conducted
Kurt:
Kurt found the warning note now on display in the barracks. He considers the stories of The Black Wizard as a bluff to scare us into submission.

Hrothgar:
Told me that tales of The Black Wizard were part of Covian folklore, not being a native Covian I was unaware of this so will check in the library archives for information. He seems to give the tales of the Black Wizard a little more credance than Kurt. He also revealed:
* The Black Wizard is always present in or around Cove. He may sleep or be awakened.
* He goes by many names among them: Talib Idil, Bazilius and Auxil. This suggests that the Black Wizard and Auxil are one and the same.
* He is a powerful Mage able to level mountains and defeat huge armies single handed.
* It has been many years since he was last vanquished but Hrothgar does not believe him slain.
* He was last defeated with the help of an Elven Warrior Priest (Note to self: Notes are unclear here. On whose side was the Priest?)

Legend from Library
Now realising The Black Wizard as part of Covian legend I searched the library and came across this dusty tome…..

So the Orcs worship him! This perhaps explains the experience reported by Dermott

Here are my thoughts thus far:
The main protagonists appear to be:
* Auxil: A Deity
* The being in red: Possibly Auxil or one of his powerful acolytes
* The Black Wizard: According to Hrothgar may also be Auxil but the Warning note spoke of “Auxil and The Black Wizard” as separate beings.
* Regnier: A servant of Auxil and the Black Wizard.
* George: Probably a false name. This may be Regnier before a mask was sewn to his face. He was only seen on that first day.

From Dermott Eason’s report and the Tome found in the archive there is clearly Orc involvement but as the army of Auxil, The Being in Red or Black Wizard not as the main power.

Further interviews to conduct:
* Hrothgar: Need to clarify, did the Elven Warrior Priest Hrothgar speak of fight with or against The Black Wizard?
* Delcarakdur: What does he remember of the day of Regnier’s imprisonment and how did Regnier break free? He was leading the patrol when the Red Being emerged. What else can he tell me?
* Thomas Sendrich: Who was the battered and bruised prisoner after the masked man’s (presumably Regnier’s) visit.
* Adrian: What else can he tell me about the day of Martyn Ravnthorn’s  death?
* Bayne: Details of what Regnier said about the Black Wizard
* Dermott Eason: The appearance of the Red Being at the Orc Fort.

I will submit my final report when I have conducted these enquiries

Signed
Edmund Rufus, Watchman
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:51:06 pm by Edmund Rufus » Logged
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 05:41:29 pm »

Interesting.

Good report watchman.

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 11:43:05 am »

Grand Work Lad! Good ter see you gittin' yer trials done! Ye'll be Junior in no time!!

Gregor Eason
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 02:11:38 pm »

That's an excellent collection of information. Indeed ye have the Light Company ears and eyes.
Good show!

Gregor Eason, Exploring Officer
Covian Army & Baronship Council
Leofwin Edmundson
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 05:45:55 pm »

Cove Training

When
21st Feb 2006, 19:00 Hrs

Where
Farm Fields, Cove

In Command
Edmund Rufus, Watchman

Present
Kas Valentine
Hoagie
Regdar
Kurt
Yue Yan
Dylan Freewater
Jonas Ancroft (In part)

I took the troops to the farm fields in Cove for a bit o’ trainin’

After a kit inspection and warm up we ran through a few orders and formations. Every-one did well so we moved onto some combat work. First a last man standin’ eventually won by Regdar………

and then as two groups of three for team combat. Well done Kurt’s team.

My first trainin’ session in command. Dismissed!

Signed
Edmund Rufus, Watchman
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 05:57:46 pm by Edmund Rufus » Logged
Leofwin Edmundson
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 10:24:45 pm »

The Bloody Patrol

When
23rd Feb 2006, 20:00 Hrs

Where
The Shire of Cove

In Command
Edmund Rufus

Present
Kas Valentine
Regdar
Dalamar
Vincent Redfield

We patrolled the road to the East. All was quiet so we turned back West through the forest to the Graveyard. A bit o’ tidying up required here so we set to work.

By the time we finished it the sun had set so we set off to find a good camp spot for the night.

We never got that far for as we exited the graveyard the bloodied red creature, the creation of Auxil appeared and demanded we leave the area. I know we were about ta’ leave but I wasn’t going to be told what ta’ do by this blood soaked abomination. A few words were exchanged and we came to blows. 
After a few blows I fell but my noble comrades continued the struggle. Special commendation to Vincent Redfield who fought on when all others had succumbed ………………

…………………although I believe the battle has taken its toll on him.

A somewhat battered patrol returns to the barracks

It is clear that the Black Wizard has remade his bloody aid. His presence near the graveyard indicates that he is now carrying out his makers commands and recruiting the undead.

Signed
Edmund Rufus, Watchman

[OOC] Apologies for the lack of a night time picture. I forgot to hit the save button. Doh! [OOC]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 12:17:55 am by Edmund Rufus » Logged
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 11:09:25 pm »

Yahar! Grand work Edmund, Grand work indeed! We will be seeing you in green soon!

Signed: Jenife Feather.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length