Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:48:57 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] A Hunt to the Orc Fort
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] A Hunt to the Orc Fort  (Read 2533 times)
Jonas Ancroft
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2006, 10:23:59 pm »

Extracted from the daily journals of Jonas William Ancroft..
The 27th of February, 2006..

I was interrupted touring the illustrious abode of Kas Valentine by none other than Junior Guardsman, Geit Arma. He was in need for the support of some of the availible guardsman at the neighbouring orc fort in order to complete his Dragoon trials. I joined my fellow guardsmen (and woman) a short, grumpy
tall, strapping lad by the name of Gimbly, a sneaky scout Olchafa Serpernt, whom everyone called "chaffers", a young oriental lass, whose name I was told was Yue Yan, the annoying mage, though excellent decorater, Kas Valentine and, of course, hunt leader Geit Arma, outside the stronghold for briefing. As we lined up, we were informed that we were to slay a few of the wretched orc brutes, that stormed around the forts and bearby mountains, in order to gather a minimum of fifty piles of shadow iron ore.

We quickly forced marched to the mountainside where, after a brief discussion concerning tactics, we took a formation and crossed the so-called "ley-lines" which, I was informed by a superstitous Geit, kept the orcs at bay but cause strange inflictions to the eyes. The brutes were mostly sleeping, but we could definately make out the gargantuan size from quite a distance before we arrived at the fort. When we did, we were set upon by the archers, axemen and simple warriors that made up the orcish garrison. Even the orcs, it seemed, had mastered the ancient arts of magery, but their firey enchantments were no match for the steel blades of the Covian militia.

Unfortunately, the orc brutes proved to be a greater challenge than their mediocre infantry. Twice I found myself grouped in the hands of the beasts and thrown against the wooden palisade walls of the fort and set upon by the younger and less experienced orcs, and twice I had to be cut free from piles upon piles of fetid orc corpses. Eventually, we had amassed the required ammount of shadow ore, as well as a decent ammount of gold. We slowly marched back to the stronghold where the gold was sent to the coffers and the various supplies divided amoungst the atendees.

Hunt Overview:

The hunt was led by Geit Arma and attended by Gimbly, Olchafa, Kas, Yue Yan and Myself. In total, we gathered just over six thousand gold, some supplies that were divided amoungst the atendees, four bola balls and 79 shadow iron ore.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 05:07:36 pm by Jonas Ancroft » Logged
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 10:58:11 pm »

*Jenifer sees a report written in very neat writing and becomse integued after reading it she stands still, blinks twice and slowly opens and closes her mouth,  she hastily scribbles on a note and pins it to it*

Spectacular report lad! Keep these coming! Ain't seen writing that good for a while.. Kas' skills with a quil comes close..

Signed: Jenifer Feather.

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:15:49 pm »

Good job Recruit! A fine compliment to my own report! Wink

Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 09:11:52 am »

Overviews the report and mumbles: .. short grumpy lad ..." The Žell wh... thats
what cheek! Should remind myself  to give her some good welcome whacking
if i see that lass next time.
[ooc]  excellent colourful writting style ye have , keep it up [/ooc]

Society for Putting Things on top of Other Things(tm)
Jonas Ancroft
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 05:07:24 pm »

*Scribbles over the original extract with blue ink*

[OOC: Cheers guys, much appreciated and such.  Grin]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length