Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:37:31 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial: Dalamar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial: Dalamar  (Read 2482 times)
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2006, 04:29:14 pm »

*sitting up on a late evening and finishing up some paperwork, Delcarakdur suddenly noticed a small message from Eason lying on his desk. Quickly opening it, Delcarakdur began grinning to himself as he began penning a small letter*

Watchman's Trial: Dalamar
Addressed to Watchman Dalamar

Greetings watchman. You are about to embark upon your quest for the covian cap. The mark of true soldiers of Cove! Determination, perseverance and above all your skills will determine how hard you will find this trial.

Tasks:
- Sneak inside the liches lair in Covetous and: 1. Slay their king, 2. Chip off a stone from his unholy throne
- Do a scouting mission to Minoc. Discover the so called loyalists strength and numbers!
- Sneak inside the orc fort and assassinate two brutes.

Conditions:
- All missions are to be completed alone.
- All aspects of this trial must be documented on this thread.

Good Luck!

*signed*
Delcarakdur, Officer Cadet of the 3rd Glenmore Highlanders

*sealing the message and walking over to the mailboxes, delcarakdur let's it slip into Dalamar's Box*
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:54:55 pm by Delcarakdur » Logged

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:15:15 pm »

Task: Assasinate two Orc Brutes

I recieved note from Delcarakdur abot my watchman trials and I readed them quickly and grinned. All task looked pretty hard but should give me alot of entertain. So I thinked what I could do first. Sneak in to lich lair sounds most dangerous and scouting in Minoc needs more preparations but assasinate two orc brutes... that’s just fun and good warm up.

So first I made some preparations, bought some bandages, sharpened my axes and runned few laps around barracks to get my muscles warm. Then I walked calmly near orc fort to make preparations and get some intel where my targets were and what would be best place to reveal my self for fighting. As you know best place to fight is place that you choose. After scouting for whole day I decided to lure Brutes to docks as I could kick those little ones just to sea and concentrate to big one. Also I could easily vanish in to water. So now my preparations are done and time to head get some sleep and start my mission tomorrow morning.

I woke up early because I wanted to get the orcs while they are still dazed from sleep. I sneaked in to orc fort and all was way too easy. I even cut few throats from orcs still sleeping. Dead orc is the best orc. Finaly I found the brutes, I whispered to it’s ear from shadows that there where little human girl at docks that it could easily have for breakfest. The fool took the bait and rushed to docks, but there weren’t waiting any little girls and soon it discovered that it had been fooled.

I hit my first hit to it’s leg artery. Soon it started to yell other orcs for it’s help but I quickly took them down while the big one tryed stop the bleed. Soon as it managed stop the bleed I hitted his other leg artery. Didn’t take long when the beast had runned out from blood and started to stumble all around. And when it fell to it’s knees I saw my change and cut it’s throat and it was finished. After finishing the rest of it’s backups I went to lure another brute. And the idiot beast fell to same trick. How stupid these can be?

Next fight was like first one and soon it was laying on docks like the first one. I collected all valuable I foud from bodies. Dropped them to sea and sneaked out from fort... well almoust sneaked. Just before I was walking out one brute saw me and yelled alarm. I quickly thanked from hospitality and ran away.

When I got back to barracks I thinked about my mission and I must say it was grand succes. So first part of my trials are done. Time to go make preparations for lich lair...

*Signed with red ink* Dalamar, Watchman

Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 05:37:27 pm »

It was dark and stormy night. When I woke up at my campfire to some howling voice that came from mountains. By hearing that sound I decided that I have to go and kill lich king from the mountains. So I gathered my stuff and headed to mountains. After hours of marching and sneaking in shadows I finaly arrive to doors of lich king. I quickly make my plan and I sneak in to dark halls.
I easily get at throne room. I stand moment in shadows to figure out best way to slay lich king. When my plan was ready I swiftly executed it and didn’t take long to get lich king with suprise to ground. Then I quickly ran to it’s throne and hit it with axe to shatter it. After detroying the throne I ran in to hall ways and hide in shadows and sneaked out from lich kings halls. After I was out from dungeons and in light shadows of forrest I could sigh for relief. Second task from trials is done.

*Signed red ink* Dalamar, Watchman

Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 07:21:54 pm »

Part of Dalamars Journal.

March 6.
I have been in Minoc’s perimeter now for few days. No sign of so called loyalist near by town.

March 7.
I took my peasant discuise on and entered to town. Seems there ain’t any patrolling guards or anything. I interviewed local miners and people in tavern. Many didn’t wish to talk about it but I finaly managed dig out some information. Also I found out that there is people trying to hire mercenaries, might this mean that there might start riots soon? Seems guardsmen haven’t been in Minoc for days. Once again day with out any sight of enemy. Going to sleep in local miners residence.

March 8.
Night was calm. After these few days I have spent in Minoc it seems there ain’t any active army operating around it. On my way back I found huge tunnel entrance in woods near Minoc. It was located South east from minoc bank. I decided to enter in and scout little bit the area. Seems it’s made by those huge ants but what make me little aware of danger was those few human tracks I found from ground. Even they were days old. Might this be way that loyalist use between Stonekeep and Minoc?

*Signed with red ink* Dalamar, Watchman

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 07:54:38 pm »

All taks have been done in a most satisfactory manner! Excellent work Dalamar!

*signed*
Delcarakdur, Highlander Corporal

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length