Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 04:40:09 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Light Company Trials : Edmund Rufus - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Light Company Trials : Edmund Rufus - COMPLETED  (Read 4202 times)
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2006, 02:35:54 pm »

To Edmund,
You've done well to make it this far, and it's time for you to join the elite of Cove, the eyes and ears, the shadows th'.. you get the idea... As expected you have to pass some tests to join, these trials will see if your ready to proudly wear the badge o' the Scouts of Cove!.

Task One!

The first task as for all other Scouts is to obtain the Magical flute. It's a symbol for the Light Company and has been used as a cummunication device since  the beginning of the Company. Seek out a witch in the southern woods of Yew. The south road from crossroads. She'll guide you through to obtain this flute.

Task Two!

For this task you will be working with meh other apprentice, Dalamar, the two of you are to go to Stonekeep, in disguise and keep hidden as much as possible, firsty i want you two to tell us what sort of numbers are present at certain times in the day, i want a report at least twice times during the week (one from you and one from Dalamar) about how many there are, and if possible when the best time for a strike would be. The scouts need to show the Yewsmen whose the best!

Task Three!

This will be decided upon completion of the other two tasks.

I wish you good luck!

Signed : Jenifer Feather
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 10:57:40 am by Jenifer Feather » Logged

Leofwin Edmundson
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 08:39:48 pm »

Getting The Flute

Checking in tha' library I discovered I needed to seek out Grizelda tha' hag if I wanted me flute.

On her instructions I tracked her apprentice. Unfortunately he had been slain by an evil imp.......

........who I tracked to his lair an' recovered tha' flute!

Mission accomplished.

Signed
Edmund Rufus, Junior Guardsman
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 08:57:25 pm »

Har! Excelent work Edmund! Perfectly executed work there!

On to the next part with you!

Tweeso Pebble
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 06:37:04 pm »

Also here Is a sign of good talents. Keep it up!

*Signed*
Scout Sergeant Valiro Gryphonclaw
      Cove Army & Command
Leofwin Edmundson
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:30:40 pm »

First Scouting Report

Time:
19:00 Hrs 13/03/06

Present:
Dalamar, Watchman

Meetin' at Scout HQ Dalamar and myself prepared our disguises and discussed the mission ahead.

We worked our way to the crossroads South of Stonekeep. Using our flutes to stay in touch we divided and headed North.

Twice two of the stinking Yewians walked past me but I didn't recognise either of them. I recognised this fellow though!

So I followed him. He slipped into the Keep and emerged a few minutes later with a trainee (judging by her uniform) and I caught a brief snatch of their conversation

From what Dal tells me they were talkin' about recruitment posters.

We then retired to a safe distance to compare notes before heading back to Cove.

Seems there is only a handful of the Militia about at this time. Easy to attack but ther'd be little glory in it.

Signed
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 12:47:05 am »

Arr true true, nay glory in attacking an unguarded keep! hoh! Grand work on the scouting though Edmund! Ye'll be with me in green soon! Hrm.. These posters are most intriguing... if possible find out what they are if they are still about next time you go to Stonekeep.

Leofwin Edmundson
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 09:22:00 pm »

Second Scouting Report

When
20:00 Hrs 14/3/06

Present
Jenifer Feather, Regular Scout
Dalamar, Watchman

We started out as before. Meetin' at tha' Scout HQ to plan our mission. This time meself an' Dal' were joined by our Mentor; Jenifer Feather.

At this hour there's a few more o' them stinky Yewsmen about so things were a little more.....errrr....interesting shall we say.

Apart from that it was clear that tha' "Crafties" don't like the Guardsmen.........

......an' tha' Guardsman don't like anyone much. Nobles, crafties or each other fer that matter.............

.......signs o' division?

No more information could be gained from tha' Yewians carpin' so we moved out. A longer and more fraught mission this one.

Tha' Yewians appear a little divided an' we 'ave still not seen 'em in large numbers. However that Klion was gettin' wise to our activities so we may need to let things settle a while.

Signed
Edmund Rufus, Junior Gaurdsman
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 10:49:49 pm »

Aye, i agree with you there, maybe hold back for a day or two, let them get back to buisness as usual, keep an eye on them in the busiest hours o' the day later in the week, tha' should do th' trick! A grand report lad! I shall be lettin' you know wha' th' final part o' yer trial is! Though one more report from Stonekeep will see part two completed!

Signed : jenifer Feather

Leofwin Edmundson
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 10:56:01 pm »

Scouting Report Three

When
21:00 Hrs 15/03/06

Present
Dalamar, Watchman

Well.....we 'ad meant to let those Yewians alone fer a while as they was gettin' suspicious but when Dalamar suggested we 'as a look I just couldn't resist so off we set and just in time too! As we arrived at stonekeep we found sneaky Yewians preparing to go off somewhere in disguise....

We even watched 'em prepare for tha' trip. Here they are in disguise.

Recognise them? That's right....stinky Yewians!

From their conversations it was clear they were headin' for Vesper so Dalamar an' meself made our way to tha' Minoc Moongate to await their arrival

From here Dal tracked them as they made their way to Swaggers Inn. Waiting our chance we both slipped in unobserved to listen to their conversation.

Wishing to warn our Vesperian friends Dalamar bravely came out of hiding to tip 'em tha' wink. I stood by hidden with me warfork at tha' ready!

The Yewians made threatening noises ta Dal but didn't move to strike.

Dalamar tactfully made his excuses and left unscathed carefully allowing me to slip out undetected. We made our way back to HQ to write our reports

Yer advice is needed ma'am. Did we do right? should we just 'ave slipped out unnoticed or attacked the foul scum fer their insolence?

Signed
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 08:03:54 am »

Yaar! A Spectacular final scouting trip! Slipping out unnoticed is the way to do things, unless someone else is in danger or the enemy attacks you first, expecially if you are seriously out numbred, don't want to risk being captured ey!

Your next task shall be:

Task Three![/b

]You've proved your scouting skills an' your ability ter follow instructions in getting th' magic flute, you've learnt how to sneak around and communitcate through the flute, now it's time to put these together and introduce some new skills, leading and combat! I want you to take Dalamar (and any other available scouts) to Despise, where you will slay there (using stealth tactics) :

>Two Titans
>Two Ogre Lords
>One Acid Elemental

Good Luck!

Leofwin Edmundson
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 07:23:55 pm »

The Third Challenge

Present
Dalamar, Watchman

We made our way to the Dungeon Despise where I breifed Dalamar on our mission.

Ogre Lords first!

Then tha' Titans.............

Deathrobe? What deathrobe? Not mine Ma'am.......

Must belong to this Titan Yaaaar!

We also invented a new game called "Dodge the one eyes"

.............and finally on to the Acid Elemental.

Mission Accomplished!

Signed
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 09:56:30 pm »

Hoh hoh! sounds like you had a right laugh! dodge th' one eyes ey!! I'll be trying that one day.. Naw! Seems you have finished yer trials lad! Grand Work GRANDN WORK!! Ye'll be in green come promotions.. i'll ready th' armour fer you!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length