Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 08:45:16 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Day in the Life of Jonas [Report]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Day in the Life of Jonas [Report]  (Read 1587 times)
Jonas Ancroft
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2006, 04:52:00 pm »

Extracted from the daily journals of Jonas William Ancroft..
The 62nd of May, 356

It is near the end of May, and the warm weather is beginning to return to Cove. I have returned, at last, from my journey, and into my warm, militia bunk. This morning, however, I was awoken, to my annoyance, by regular highlander Kurt, for an immediate training session. Myself and watchwoman Yue Yan were rallied at once to the roof of the Barracks. Line up, bend over, show us your bandies, arm weapon, disarm weapon - the usual training session. I found the jogging difficult, having just returned from such a long journey, my legs still ached and I didn't have the energy to run around the paddock and the barracks umpteen times. I slumped, barely able to stand upright, back into bed before I summoned, once again, to the barracks.

I lined up alongside my fellow recruit, a fencer named James Shadowbane. Junior Guardsman Dalamar instructed us to arm our weapons and led us to the nearby orc fort. Though I did not visit the fort as a child, in my short time as a recruit I had gotten used to approaching the large palisade walls that covered most of the southern section of the island, and today was no different. We walked forward slowly, and, to our surprise, were ambushed by several orcs, including a mage, archer and chopper. Though they were swiftly dispatched, it gave us an insight into the developing army of orcs, they were now planning, without combat skills we decided that it was nothing to worry about, though I could not help shake off the feeling that they were tooling up for something more than random attacks on straying travellers.

The three of us returned to Cove, bruised and battered but victorious. Our loot divided equally amongst our small group, a little under one thousand coins. Dismissed from our line, I headed back to the main village to purchase more bandages and food, but stopped along the way. Outside of the gate, a dirty looking, half naked man with a wispy lock of hair. He was shouting about the dog alongside him that he was selling. I quickly counted the gold in my pack and walked towards the man...

*Standard Britannian Date.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length