Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:42:44 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier Trials: Delcarakdur
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier Trials: Delcarakdur  (Read 3556 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2006, 05:13:15 pm »

Aha! So the Elf wants to become part of the Elite? The Baron will have my head if I allow onehanded elves into the Grenadiers. Hmmm, but he does have all the other requirements to apply...We'll see! I'll give him the toughest Trials ever set! HAH!

Grenadier Trials : Delcarakdur

Tasks

* You shall lead a hunt into the Ilshenar Harpynest!
* You will venture deep into the Ice Dungeon and retrieve there the head of an Ice Fiend and scales of the White Wyrm!
* To prove your discipline to the Baron you shall hold a parade training session.
* A personal training with the Grenadier Sergeant will be held. You must pass this final test to receive your bronze arms!

Details

* You shall retrieve no less then 5000 feathers from the assault on the Harpynest!
* Only Grenadiers are allowed to accompany you to the Ice Dungeon
* At least eight guardsmen will attend your parade drill
* The Sergeant's Trial will test both your Discipline and your ability!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 07:38:02 am by Erik Arkay » Logged

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:33:51 pm »

Consider them done sir!

*signed*
Delcarakdur, Regular Guardsman

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 12:36:06 am »

Harpy Hunt

When: Thursday the 15th of June 2006 at 2200 GMT
Where: Barracks, Then the harpy nest at Spirituality

Commanding Officer: Delcarakdur, Regular Guardsman
Guardsmen in attendance:
- Joey Lanai, Dragoon Corporal
- Vlad, Junior Grenadier
- Hoagie, Junior Dragoon
- Mela, Watchman
- Arlon, Guardsman Recruit

What:
As stated in my trials, I were to raid the harpy nest near the spirituality shrine in Ilshenar. All in order to obtain at least five thousand feathers.

So, gathering up a small force outside the barracks, we quickly proceeded to the moongate at Minoc. Mela, Vlad, Hoagie and some recruit named Arlon joined me on my quest.

Gathering for the hunt

Moving quickly once we arrived at the spirituality shrine, we eventually reached the entrance of the harpy nest. Vlad as usual, had decided to disregard my "Follow me" command, and was already at it. Tsk tsk. Learn yer orders Vlad!

Vlad being pig-headed

Quickly storming the nest....The guardsmen of Cove easily cleared a swathe trough the hordes of harpies assailing them. Hacking vile birdwomen left and right!

Carnage!

Assigning mainly Hoagie and Vlad to pluck feathers, we had after about half an hour of raiding, gotten what we came here for. Dragoon Corporal Joey Lanai had joined us in the meanwhile and looking up at the huge pile of feather everyone had amassed, we split the feathers amongst everyone, in order to be able to get it safely home to Cove.

The pile of feathers...

Beginning the trek home, we encountered a horrible thing at the Minoc Moongate. A huge loyalist banner fluttering in the wind! It was quickly and dutifully burned!

Burn!

Quickly proceeding after making sure the Free North was clean once more of abominations such as these, the men assembled outside the barrack, handing all the feathers to me, so that I could put it into the Army stores. Joey however, took leave with a small part of the feathers...Although I remain sure that he put it back into place once he had time for that.

Dismissed!

Result!

One part down, three to go!

*signed*
Delcarakdur, Regular Guardsman/i]

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
userjosh5368
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 08:46:26 am »

Bah! Not my fault yer ran into a tree *snickers* anyhow us Grenadier are always the first in *nods* but..... ah just forget it.
*scribbles something else*

Signed
Vlad regular Grenadier of cove
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 10:38:57 am by Vlad » Logged
Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 02:10:26 am »

Grenadier initiation hunt to Ice

When: Thursday the 15th of June 2006 at 2200 GMT
Where: Barracks, then to the dungeons of Ice

Guardsmen in attendance:
- Erik Arkay, Grenadier Captain
- Vlad, Junior Grenadier

What:
So, onto the second part of my trials.

I were to lead a hunt to Ice with the grenadiers. After meeting Erik and Vlad outside the barracks, we quickly began the long march towards the dungeon of Ice.

Forced march!

Quickly moving to the minoc moongate, and then moving to the North-West for quite some time, even crossing one of the so-called "destroyed" bridges. The yewish dogs must have rebuilt it during the night! Opting to destroy it on our way back, we encountered nothing more than a band of brigands on our way to the dungeon.

The Journey

Quickly moving inside, we moved as a unit towards the lair of the White Wyrm, slaying everything in our path. So far so well, until the part where we stumbled across the dead carcass of a White Wyrm. This meant we were not alone.

Into the Belly of the beast!

Quickly entering the Wyrms lair, we discovered it to be empty, apparently it's mate was out hunting dinner. In the meanwhile we noticed a strangely clad archer...pilfering trough the lair, obviously on the search for valuables. taking stock of the situation, we decided that me and Vlad should stay at the lair, while Erik found the Wyrm and lured it to us, so that a close formation of guardsmen could take it down. After a short but hard fight the beast finally fell, and I cut loose a scale as proof of our victory.

Diiie!

Quickly taking the wyrm down, we proceeded further down into the frigid depths of the dungeon, encountering at last the feared Ice Fiends, demons who delight in inflicting pain trough frost and coldness! Moving trough them with relative easy, Erik wasn't very impressed with our teamwork skills, especially mine. So after paying the demons a visit, he decided that we should take the hardest route home. After several tries and the long march home, we all stood by the barracks again, exhausted, but happy!

The demonic temples below...

The orderly Retreat!

All in all, another success!

*signed*

Octie:
Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 07:29:53 am »

Sir.

Ye stated that I should host a:
A personal training with the Grenadier Sergeant will be held. You must pass this final test to receive your bronze arms!

Whenever yer ready Vince, I can do this task.

*signed*
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 07:39:14 am by Delcarakdur » Logged

Octie:
Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 01:37:59 pm »

Parade Drill:

When: The 18th of September 2006 at 2100 GMT
Where: Barracks Rooftops
Bring: Ye parade kit.

Guardsmen in attendance:
I forgot to make a list of all the attendances. I've hung up a notice on the boards, regarding this.

What:
Due to the recent lack of discipline in the army, I decided that a parade drill would be in order.

With a few exceptions, everyone was on time and I had gotten myself a good turnout too. Grenadiers, Dragoons, Scouts and Regular guards men all stood in front of me.

Let the drill commence!

Checking my mental notes, I decided to start off with the Orders Sound Off and Number Off. I firstly explained excactly word for word, what these two orders are supposed to mean, and we then drilled a bit on both. On a further note, some of the guardsmen were unable to shut up when in a line up, so I sorted that with my own methods as well.

The orders Sound Off and Number Off

Sadly, we were interrupted by Sergeant Joey before we could advance to the next point in my drill: A loyalist raiding party had penetrated the border defenses and were right at our doorstep! Rushing out, we were quickly beaten back by the well-organized Loyalists. Regrouping and attacking again, we were forced to retreat inside the barracks yet again...After the battle, our troops were too exhausted to continue to drill, so I didn't continue it, in order to save our men's strength.

the battle!

This should pershaps illustrate the need for a better disciplined force...

*signed*

Octie:
userjosh5368
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 04:01:49 pm »

Hrm'.. to true i see we learn formations yet they are not used by many'
Disipline is lacking in area's.

Signed
Demarian Tel'var
Delcarakdur
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 07:33:26 pm »

Personal Training/Evaluation:

When: The 22nd of October 2006 at 1930 GMT
Where: Cove Docks

Commanding Officer: Vince Valentine, Grenadier Sergeant
Guardsmen in attendance:
- Delcarakdur, Regular Guardsman

As a final trial for my bronze arms, I was supposed to have a short training and evaluation session with the Grenadier Sergeant Vince Valentine. He wanted to make sure I was eligible for entry into his esteemed unit and therefore he tested me in grenadier lore, my ability to listen to orders...and  also my loyalty to the Baron. I passed all these tests.

Evaluation time!!

*Signed*
Delcarakdur, Regular Grenadier

Octie:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length