Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:37:17 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Perun - Light Company Trials [Completed]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Perun - Light Company Trials [Completed]  (Read 3767 times)
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2006, 10:52:13 am »

Light Company Trials for Watchman Junior Perun

Ah! Perun!
     A fine guardswoman, been doing her job and climbing the ranks nicely, and it seems you've made it to the rank of Junior, which means your about to be given your trials to join the light company. Now, this isn't going to be no picnic, but im sure your up to the challenge!

Task One!

The first task as for all other Scouts is to obtain the Magical flute. It's a symbol for the Light Company and has been used as a cummunication device since the beginning of the Company. Seek out a witch in the southern woods of Yew. The south road from crossroads. She'll guide you through how to obtain this flute.

Task Two!

I want you to sneak to Stonekeep (in disguise) and get a rough estimate of how many people are about on a normal night.. Then i want you ter see if anythings changed, we havnt been there for a long time so sketches of their buildings would be a valuble asset to the team.

Task Three!

Attend a Light Company training session. This will be held by either myself or Officer Cadet Chaffers this week. If you are unable to attend the training shall be moved to a time you are available. Here you will learn the ins and outs of sneaking about and assasinating people as a team.

Good luck lass!

Signed : Jenifer Feather
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 12:21:20 am by Jenifer Feather » Logged

Perun
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

*smiles evily*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 09:53:19 pm »

Quest for the magic Flute

The fabled flute eh? Nay bother for a girl like me!

*smiles evily*

After learning the legend of the flute from Jenifer i set of out into the woods south of Yew. Sneaking past many a lazy guardsman i made my way past Stonekeep until i stumbled across a hovel and a old hag!

The hag's apprentice had gone AWOL! No problem finding him being the potential scout i am. Only problem he was a dead 'un when i found him. Attacked by an imp by the looks of it.

The hag was not pleased and looked accusingly at me! Hmph! i didn't kill him! Bloody imps, i'll make 'em pay!

After despatching a few of the 'orrible creatures one of them offered me the magical flute in lieu of his life. I took the flute and smashed the little fella anyway!

*smiles evily*

Perun, Junior Guardsman

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 10:18:22 pm »

Har!! A sound completion of the first task! Congratulations! Now get going on the rest!

Signed Jenifer Feather

Perun
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

*smiles evily*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:35:02 pm »

Scouting Stone Keep

Perun reads her second task and kits herself out in a suitable disguise.

*smiles evily*

I took to the shadows and made my way to Stone Keep. There were not many guardsmen on duty but i came across a few heading to a tavern, a Royal Marksman amongst them

While they were off to make merry i took some sketches of some of the notable buildings... they seemed to be well stocked with resources such as wood and food etc.

The citadel itself was next on my list. With no-one around it was easier to sneak inside and take a look round.

As the place was deserted i tracked the few guardsmen down at the tavern. There was members of the Royal Marksmen, Brittania Guards and the Collegium present. I hid in the corner at first hoping to catch some gossip but i decided to take a drink as i was parched.

Unfortunately a mercenary of the Collegium decided he'd like ter get to know me better! But i think i gave him the brush off. *smiles evily*

I said my farewells to the Yewish scum and bumped into some strange looking fellas as i left.

Hmmm. That's task two done! Where's Chaffers!

Perun, Junior Guardsman.

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 11:10:07 pm »

Bwah! Completed task two already! Must be getting soft! Have to up the challenge next time! Ha!

Congratulations Lass! Ye'll be done soon.

Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 01:17:13 pm »

Dark figure moves in shadows near barraks. Sun light hits Dalamars eyes and makes them shine slightly. "Seems all is well here" he mumbles silently before he slips back to shadows.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 03:11:24 pm »

Ey! That end cell on those paintings! Thats MY cell..

Perun
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

*smiles evily*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 10:33:26 pm »

Light Company Training/Mentoring by Chaffers

Chaffers, Officer Cadet (leading)
Perun, Junior Guardsman (learning)

I was sneakin' about when I received a pigeon from my mentore Chaffers. I met him at the barracks and he went on to explain how things are done in the Light Company when it comes to combat.

I learned about manouvering, striking a target as a team, evasion, healing up and striking again.

Then Chaffers went on to teach me how to expand my weapons skills and how to find the right rotation of weapons in combat to bring a swift end to a foe.

Next was Chaffers favourite tactic... the ambush! He taught me that the use of surprise along with a lethal combination of attacks can bring a fast and brutal end to a mark and also affect the morale of one enemy too!

Let me at 'em, let me at 'em!

After he had passed on his wisdom Chaffers tested me on a few things.

"Hide, attack, evade, hide, heal, attack"

Perun, Junior Guardsman

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 12:21:01 am »

Well Well! Looks like someones completed their trials!
Spectacular work lass!!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length