Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:36:32 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Junior Trials: Hoagie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Junior Trials: Hoagie  (Read 4200 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2006, 03:19:01 pm »

Hoagie! The Hoagster! You're still only a Junior?!? Dear Avatar man, did you sleep with the Baron's wife to warrant such a slow promotion?!? Regardless, you should at least try to get your Covian Belt, if for no other reason then to tuck in your belly. Riding around on those horses surely isn't good for your weight! Rise to the occasion Hoagie! Become one of the elite!

Junior Trial: Hoagie

Your Junior Trial will last for 2 full weeks. You will be required to complete a number of tasks each week. Should you fail to complete all tasks in the time assigned you will fail your Trials!

Tasks

* You will hold 3 Grande Recruitment Tours per week
* The Church has come across writings of Dark Fathers roaming in some distant dungeon. Investigate!
* You will organise a summer feast!

Details

* A Grande Recruitment tour consists of dropping off leaflets at all banks, moongates and dungeons. (Not Yew and Minoc)
* You will invite all friendly guilds to assist you in finding the Dark Father
* At least 15 fighters will help you defeat the Dark Father
* Invitations to all the friendly guilds will be sent out by yourself!
* You shall decorate the Township of Cove fitting for a summer celebration
* A cooking contest will be held during the feast
* All sorts of entertainment will be provided such as jesters, tarot card readers, palm readers, jugglers, etc
* All events will be reported on by yourself within this thread

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 03:37:55 pm »

« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 12:10:34 am by Hoagie » Logged

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 06:28:21 pm »

« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 12:11:26 am by Hoagie » Logged

*Signed*
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 01:13:45 am »

*Signed*

Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 01:41:39 am »

Here's a Grand Recruitment Tour on behalf of Hoagie, no sweat. One down, two to go.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 10:53:34 pm »

The Grand Summer Feast!

After a week of plannin', I finally headed into Cove. I 'ad an hour to go until the feast began, and I had to sort out all of the decorations, food, an' tables.

Mela'd previously agreed to help me with the decorations, so I met her by the bank, with two pack horses full o' gear, and we set about workin'.

She set up the fences around the area, while I began rollin' out the mats for the performances. By the time I'd finished with the mats, she'd nearly finished with the tables in the food area. I began layin' out the food, an' Mela applied the last finishing touches to Cove Town.

We finished workin' just as the people began to pour in. One mad stood out from the crowd, a nice man callin' 'imself Drachonis. 'E claimed to be a news reporter for some "Stratics" bloke. Nay wantin' ter anger him, and risk the wrath of the media, I agreed to make 'im guest of honour, an' got 'im 'is own special chair.

I waited a while for more people to arrive, then I prompted the first performer, Teagan Trix ter perform the first song in her "Heroes" set. After what I thought wasa grand performance, an' slightly less well recieved by the rest o' the crowd, most o' the people mingled with each other, an' ate what was left o' the food after the grenadiers had finished with it.

As a random attraction, Drachonis then decided he would attempt to eat eight pizzas in less than a minute! Without any input from the others, he set about his task. Dazzlin' the unbelievers, he downed the last of the eight pizzas in a pifflin' 56 seconds!

I felt this had gotten the people in the mood for food, so I decided to run the cookin' competition.

Only five took part, them bein' Nicholi, Vince Valentine, Drachonis, Mela, and Raiden Morana.

The aim of the contest was to see who could prepare the best meal in five minutes, using only very limited ingredients. The contest was helpfully judged by our very own Eton, who decided on two winners, first and second, based on the taste of the food.

First place     : Vince Valentine : Winner of 100000 coins.
Second place: Drachonis          : Winner of 50000 coins.

After the prizes had been given out, we moved back over to the performance area to listen to a strange man named Robert Marley". The crowd seemed to love this bloke, as 'e 'ad 'em all singin' and dancin' around.

Teagan performed the last of her Hero songs, to a much greater applause, and even had one of the crowd members singing along!

We finished the night with much food, ale, an' talkin'.

I could nay have managed without Mela, who helped me with the decoratin', and keepin' me sane, Eton, who performed grand as a last minute judge for the cookin', and Elise, who helped a great deal with the cleanin' up when I was knackered.

I hope te host a similar event some time, as it was a grand thing to do, despite the stress!

*Signed*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 07:13:41 am »

Har! Hoagie!

It truly was a feast to behold!

If I had my way i would promote yer simply for 'em wonderous pies you had on offer!

And Vincey boy more coin for the Grenadier drinkin' kitty - well done! *winks*

Keep up the grand work Hoags.

*signed*

Raiden, Senior Grenadier.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 07:22:05 am »

It was one of the more successful feasts yet observed. A truly spectacular effort Hoagie!

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 01:53:22 am »

*Signed*

Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 06:24:55 am »

And one more for Hoagie.

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 08:43:25 pm »

Leader:       Hoagie, Junior Dragoon
Attendees: Garak Nightchill, Watchman
                   Edmund Rufus, Junior Scout
                   Zeddicus, Knight
                   Morgana, Knight
                   Erik Arkay, Grenadier Captain
                   Crest Turillo, Guardsman Recruit
                   Mela, Junior Scout
                   Tammy, Barmaid
                   Crone, Guardsman Recruit
                   Kelen, Kaldorian

For the final part o' me trials, I was told te lead a darin' hunt to the deepest depths of Dungeon Doom, to slay the legendary Dark Fathers. Although I was supposed to rally at least 15 fighters from across the land, I managed just short of that number. Nay bein' one to be beaten by that, we set off to Doom!

We entered the halls, headin' down through the double doors, and down the hole into the darkness below... We then marched south, destroyin' anything in our way with pure force of numbers. Arrivin' at the beach, we allowed a minute or two to gather our senses, before callin' "The Ferryman" with an old bell. After givin' 'im the key, a skull of solid gold, he agreed to sail us across the river into an area known as "The Gauntlet".

We hopped off the boat, stumblin' onto the sandy beaches.

Accordin' te legend, the only way to summon the Dark Fathers is by killin' five groups of his minions, each in a different room. Each o' the five rooms were arranged in a circle around a large hall.

Each o' the rooms was inhabited by large and ferocious beasts, o' all kinds. I 'ad never seen anythin' like these before, and although unsure o' what to expect, we charged 'em, takin' each lot down with increasin' confidence.

After a long and bloody battle, all five rooms had been conquered... We ran out into the main hall after an' allmighty rumble, and we're shocked to see three towerin' monstrosities, each standin' on a glowin' pentagram.

We launched a brave assault on the beasts, standin' firm through everythin' they threw at us. We were scattered a few times by a powerful attack, but after recoverin' our senses, we were back in the fray, clobberin' at the huge beasts.

We eventually slayed the Dark Fathers, and after much rejoicin' after the battle, we headed out threw a magical gate, swirlin' around the docks.

*Signed*

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 09:34:28 pm »

A most spectacular effort and the first to complete a Junior Trial!

My congratulations and top o' the cap at your efforts....Now...Quit bein' a lazy sod and complete your senior requirements! Lazy git!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length