Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:41:34 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trial: Drake Reilly - COMPLETE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trial: Drake Reilly - COMPLETE  (Read 3606 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2006, 01:09:14 pm »

Watchman trials, Junior trials, task this, task that. Do you think I have nothing better to do?!? Who's it for? Drake? Hrmpf, well he's not a bad chap. Very well, I'll set him his trials. For once I'll be sure they wont be fumbled then!

Watchman Trial: Drake Reilly

Tasks

* You will place daily banners in a variety of locations
* Heathenous creatures calling themselves 'Angels' float around in a temple in Ilshenar. Go there and swat them down like the pagan beasts they are!
* The barracks have been reconstructed, but dust is now everywhere. Furthermore, our citizens are lazy sods. You will organise a general cleanup of the Town!

Details

* You will place banners at a different type of location each day. These locations include: Felucca Moongates, Felucca Banks, Trammel Moongates, Trammel Banks, Ilshenar Moongates, Trammel Dungeons, Trammel ML Dungeons, etc etc
* You will search for the Ethereal Temple in Ilshenar.
* No less then 8 guardsmen will accompany you on this quest
* You will retrieve no less then 10.000 gold coins from the heithenous temple.
* At least 4 other guardsmen will accompany you on the cleanup.
* Buildings such as the Church, Barracks, Tavern and others will be thoroughly cleaned.
* Trim the weeds outside, tend to the flowers, give everything a good cleaning up.
* All events must be reported on by yourself and included in this thread!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 04:30:41 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged

Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 04:27:48 am »

For today, I tackled the moongate portals of the fabulous Ilshenar virtue shrines!

Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 04:41:07 am »

Today, moongates. Tomorrow, the world!

Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 01:37:59 am »

This time I visited the dismal landscape of Felucca, targeting the facet's moongates.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 03:35:46 am by Drake Reilly » Logged
Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 06:03:20 am »

I haven't intentionally been ignoring my Watchman recruitment campaigns, it's just that the recruitment resources seem to be in short supply lately. Regardless, I present this batch: a beacon of strength placed on the precipices of the famed dungeons of trammel!

Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 06:14:15 am »

* Heathenous creatures calling themselves 'Angels' float around in a temple in Ilshenar. Go there and swat them down like the pagan beasts they are!

Attended by:
Neko, Guardsman Recruit
Hoagie, Junior Dragoon
Scorn Bloodtide, Guardsman Recruit
Nicholi, Officer Cadet
Vince Valentine, Senior Grenadier
Eton, Barmanager (Guy held his own!)
Perun, Junior Scout
Owen, Watchman

In my service to Cove, I've found that I don't much enjoy traveling to Ilshenar. The realm has an otherworldly presence in it's air. It is a tamed animal that would turn on you without provocation.

I was glad with the showing of Covians who had enough guts to travel to the unknown and face our wicked enemies. The Green Goblin rang with laughter and the clink of mugs. It was almost assured that some of the faces I saw would not be traveling home with us. I regretted sobering the high spirits of those in attendence, but we had been charged with a mission. A number of Covians, the ones who did not readily buckle under fear, followed me out onto the tavern steps.

I explained our goal, warned of the degree of danger, and explained how grateful I was to have such a stalwart bunch of Covians in attendence.

From the steps of  our cosy respite, we were teleported to the moongate and, in turn, to the shrine of sacrifice. It's icon paved the way for our intentions. It's ruins seemed all but forgotten, but that day we would bring renewed meaning to that virtue.

We passed through an enchanted forest. The leaves tingled with mytical sentiment and the many eyes of the trees' inhabitants lay heavily on our footsteps. Our passage through those woods was brief; we had no desire to dally.

A brief pause at a dilapidated roadside inn. We collected our breath and gathered our bearings.

In the distance, a mountain range whose snowy caps clawed at the skin of the sky. We crossed through another forest, an evil twin of the previous. It's trees were hungry for our bones; sorcerous energies weaved through their branches and fell on us like loose leaves. The spiderwebs, at first only a nuisance, grew ever more obtrusive until they covered the undergrowth as thickly as moss covered the dirt.

We crept into a slim fissure at the base of the titanic mountain range. The interior of the cavern was crawling with spiders and spider-kin. They emerged from the slimmest of crevices, descending the walls and approaching us with cautious strikes. We marched steadily, having the presence of mind to not let their numbers overwhelm us.

The cave emptied into a secluded valley occupied by ancient stone monoliths. As our group approached the center of this masonry constellation, I was struck with a wrenching motion and the sound of waves became unmistakable.

I blinked my eyes and saw that we stood on the shores of an isle of weird. A marble complex crowned the low, bare hills. In the sky, high above the temple's ivory terraces, glided figures that resembled man, but were carried by great wings on the breeze.

We approached carefully, halting at the arched entrance to a foyer. Owen and I proceded into the open-air lobby, to the edge of an expansive antechamber, at which moment I pointed to one of the beasts. Owen took aim, holding the pose for what seemed an eternity as he channeled his skill into the strike, and let loose a single volley. The creature took notice of us.

It spiraled down through the sky, homing in on our fleeing position. It dived low, screeching across the foyer, ducking beneath the archway and right into the array of waiting Covian soldiers. We set upon it, not relenting until it's battered and broken corpse lay still at our feet. We continued with this tactic, tricking many of the foolish beings into chasing us.

We had succeded in thinning the numbers of these heretical pariahs, but had we yet brought true honor to Cove? Were we to return to the barony as a mere rabble, having ambushed and outnumbered these unnatural beings? Or did we have it in us to behave like men, and aspire to a worthy undertaking.

Among the individuals of this disgusting avian sect, a grand champion called out it's presence, challenging us to approach it. We did so, climbing to the upper reaches of the unhallowed temple. I was reminded of the golden nightmare I witnessed some weeks ago. It was radiant, glistening in the sun and descending toward our hungry weapons. It was glorious, and, in killing it, that glory would belong to us. The struggle was horrific. If you ask a member of the group to describe the scene, I am confident that they will politely decline. None of us can be expected to cherish the degree of brutality held in those moments. Each time we struck, our weapons removed flesh from it's body and blood was sprayed across the pristine marble floor. None of us were spared. It's might knew no restriction in shattering our physical forms, in opening new wounds on our bodies. The death of the creature could hardly be termed a victory, just the outcome of a struggle which both sides knew to be necessary. The incarnation of it's kind, the perfection of their race, had been slain by Covian soldiers.

There was no longer a reason for our group to be present on that island. We walked from the temple, weapons and armor alike dripping in red glory.

An enemy has been destroyed and Cove is richer.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 06:17:48 am by Drake Reilly » Logged
Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 03:39:37 am »

Today I stopped off at the major urban centers of Felucca, placing banners at each of the banks.

Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 11:09:12 pm »

And, finally, I rounded out my Watchman trial recruitment duties with a stop off at the banks of Trammel.

Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 11:57:34 pm »

* The barracks have been reconstructed, but dust is now everywhere. Furthermore, our citizens are lazy sods. You will organise a general cleanup of the Town!

This afternoon, I put out a call for brave Covians. Covians who did not flee in the face of a supreme challenge; individuals who had the guts to serve the barony in true form. I was happy to see that a number of people came forward, prepared to do their duty regardless of threat.

Ho, ho, ho. Suckers.

Spring cleaning for Cove!!! Once he realized that he had been called to carry out a chore he charged me with, Captain Arkay, among others, attempted to flee. But we were having none of that. Covians are in it together, through thick and thin, through mop and dustpan. I had gathered plenty of pails of water and adequate amounts of spare rags in preparation, and we quickly set about scrubbing the entirety of our barracks.

And scrub we did. Every surface, each crack in the masonry, behind every tapestry. Dust, grime, dirt, all was wiped clear. It was quickly apparent that Mela had little actual practice in cleaning. She made the rookie mistake of stashing a pail of water over a doorframe, poorly balanced on the actual door. A disasterous mistake occured when the Captain opened said door, inadvertantly cleaning himself.

After finishing with the barracks, we continued on to the rest of Cove. The Green Goblin was given a quick dousing. We did not want to waste too much time cleaning a structure whose interior is regularly soaked in disinfecting alcohol, anyway. We caught wind that Hoagie was walking the paths of our township and, like any other cornerstone of the village, we cleaned him too. Numerous buckets of water found their target on the Junior Dragoon. The Church, in the past having cleansed our realm of wytchery, no doubt appreciated how thoroughly we cleansed the church of dirt. A few of those colorful widows suffered a bit of cracking, but that of course is the price for attention to detail. We proceded to the very walls of Cove, soaking them in suds and doing our best to wash away years of grit. Afterwards, Mela suggested we stop off her and Arkay's abode. I won't relate the terrible conditions within. It was surely a test of our fortitude, to retain our morale under such squalid conditions.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length