Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:04:30 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Sentry / Undead visitation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sentry / Undead visitation  (Read 1586 times)
Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2006, 12:43:18 am »

Lead by: Jack Sinist, Junior Guardsman (? Might be mistaken)
Attended by:
Drake Reilly, Watchman
Mela, Junior Scout
Nicholi, Junior Dragoon
Erik Arkay, Grenadier Captain

This afternoon, I approached a sentry duty already in progress and took my place among the barricades. It was a casual effort, we weren't expecting any honest challenge to Cove's authority. We passed the time, dawdling on the steps, as a few citizens conducted their buisiness within the walls of our proud barracks.

Perhaps we had been too lax in our vigilence. One of the ranking guardsman in attendance noticed an odd figure lingering not far from our position. I hadn't seen what they were reffering to, but nevertheless followed orders to investigate it. With parade arm in hands, I turned a keen eye towards the ramparts. No sooner had I begun rooting around in the shadows than I felt the chill metal of a blade at my throat. A monstrosity of skull and bone had caught me unawares. For a single moment, I thought that the creature intended to simply open my throat, and that my story had come to an end with that one mistake. But instead, the undead persona had a message to deliver and intended to use my throat to bring attention to it.

"The Guardian shall reap this mortal!"
   Whatever it's nature, the being saught to sacrifice a Covian in honor of that abhorrent force known as The Guardian. Those in attendence took up position to cut off the creature's escape. My future looked dim, but, for whatever unknowable intentions, the undead stabbed me in the flank rather than outright end my existence. As I stumbed away in pain and panic, the others immediately set upon it, their weapons tearing it to a haggard heap. Captain Arkay had the presence of mind to blast the prone figure with an incendiary, however the charred bones disintegrated before our eyes with unearthly rapidity, to be carried away on the wind. Such an unnatural process most likely means that we have not seen the last of that dreadful figure.

These undead threats continue to haunt Cove. Where is the church when we most need it's presence? Collecting tithes?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length