Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:34:57 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Scouts Trials : Kelly COMPLETED!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scouts Trials : Kelly COMPLETED!  (Read 2725 times)
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2006, 12:24:00 am »

Yar! Lassy my girl! You've made it far... but can you make it the rest of the way?...All the way to green? I think you can! Now.. im off for a few days... betting myself an' all that! But i've got you your trials here for you to be doing when im gone! Har! Enjoy them lass.. Enjoy...

Kelly : Scouts Trials

Task One!

The first task as for all other Scouts is to obtain the Magical flute. It's a symbol for the Light Company and has been used as a cummunication device since the beginning of the Company. Seek out a witch in the southern woods of Yew. The south road from crossroads. She'll guide you through how to obtain this flute.

Task Two!

See "To the Scouts - Task sheet" I've left a little something for you to do there!

Task Three!

This task is in two parts...

One : Get Chaffers orf his lazy behind ter give some Scout Training!
Two : Recieve some Scout training from Chaffers.

I want to see a full report down here when i get back! Good luck! We shall see you in green soon enough!

Signed : Jenifer Feather
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:13:40 am by Jenifer Feather » Logged

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 04:29:57 pm »

Obtaining the Magic Flute

So. I went on my search to obtain the magic flute, and my first section of the task wasto findthe witch that could tell methe instructions of how to find it. I wandered along the western road from Yew crossroads to find her, which i did. She ten sent me back up to the graveyard, and the route she set me through included Stonekeep. However, I was quite unfortunate because there were a lot of them there when I was trying to pass through. The first time was a bit rough getting through there, but the second time I wore more of a disguise (Even if I did look ridiculous.. Better than a dead Covian) as to get through the town.

I finally bumped into that annoying little imp that the witch warned me about, but it disappeared before I could get my hands on it. I was left with just a corpse of the person she had sent me after on an errand.
I took all the relevant information back to where she stood, and then she requested me to go to that maze with the deamons within it. So... I travelled to Skara Brae and passed the orphidians (Still in my disguise from the walk to Yew Graveyard), then down to the maze where the imps were said to be, according to the witch. After taking down around five, I finally obtained the magic flute.
If I was to do the task again, i'd try and be more careful about those Loyalists...
As for that witch, she was probably the most scary thing on the whole errand. Quite intimidating... With that terrible laugh.

Nevertheless, Task One is complete!

Signed: Kelly Sanderson

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 11:52:20 pm »

Information on Delucia

(This report is on the task sheet as well, but I placed it in both, as you did actually instruct to do so at the end of each request...)

I looked up on how to get to Delucia on foot in one of Valiro's old books. I followed the directions that were shown in his book, and it was a long walk. I got there eventually, after sneaking my way past all the orphidians in Papua, and traipsing all the way along the winding roads with terrible terrain, to Delucia.
This town seemed to be made up of stores for resources and places to make resources. I made sketches of all the relevant buildings. All apart from the healers, which was being invaded by cows, sheep and bulls. The place where patients were meant to be staying consisted of lumps of hides dropped upon the floor and very uncomfortable looking hammacks, which were also being gnawed on by cows and bulls. Everywhere I went, I was surrounded by cows.

As I took a larger sneak around the place, I realised the huge amount of cows in this place. And the size of them, too. I don't know what they're feeding them, but they are HUGE. And the bulls are even bigger! The main priority in this place is definately wool and leather.

The crops are also on a larger scale of large. They had more than their fair share of turnips, cabbages and wheat to say that there didn't seem to be many mouths to feed. However, some parts of this town were clean and pleasant, wheras other sections seemed derelict and decayed. The "Barely Inn", for example. Someone desperately needs to patch that place up. The amount of farmers to control these cattle was sufficient, and they appeared to be getting the job done well. The standard of leather and wool nevertheless is worth using for our Covian Uniforms. It is very high standard and they lots of it! More than plenty to go around. The only problem getting there would be the walk, if anyone was planning on walking there. And the ophidians in Papua weren't a small bunch, either.

About the hides.. They were too heavy, but I instead brought back some leather, which is probably more of use to you all.

I hope this is enough information Jen Ma'am.

Signed: Kelly Sanderson. Junior Guardsman.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 02:22:50 pm by Kelly Sanderson » Logged

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 12:44:03 am »

Scout Training Session

My training session to become a Scout, and also the finale of my Trials, was mainly a lecture. Lecture because it was only Me and Chaffers for the main part. But he told me some very useful information to take with me in my time as a Scout. He went and got a recruit called Scorn half way through the session to give me examples of good shooting and target areas.

First useful piece of information:
Attack, run, heal, hide, heal, hide.
Then go for the next target and repeat.

Second useful piece of information:
Having a poisoner in the group of Scouts is VERY useful for doing particular attacks.

Third useful piece of information:
NEVER be afraid to run if you feel like you are in danger. Better a running Covian than a dead Covian.

Fourth useful piece of information:
Assasinations are a good way to get people to fear you, but if a group of Scouts or one scout fails with a good methos, it can be very embarassing.

Fifth useful piece of information:
There is a gap in the armor just below the belt of most enemies wearing armor, and also under the gorget. Oh.. And under the armpits, according to Chaffers. So if I shoot, those places could be more likely.

Sixth useful piece of information:
Shooting my bolts at the boots can be very effective, as the boots are only made of leather. This would ensure that a good target or shot could knock any man down if I were to shoot his feet.

As you can see, Jen. I learnt quite a lot, even if the training session wasn't very practical. I think I preferred it that way. However, me and Olchafa did some sneaking practice afterwards, even though that wasn't really a part of the training.

Hope these trials have been sufficient to make me a Scout!

Oh and by the way... Getting Chaffers off his arse wasn't so hard to do. Persuasion, Jen. Persuasion!

Signed: Kelly Sanderson, Junior Guardsman.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 05:19:43 pm by Kelly Sanderson » Logged

John Dell:

John Dell:
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 10:12:22 am »

*nods as she shifts through the papers*

Well! If only i had returned earlier and got you promoted on Sunday ey! Well, Ye'll be a Scout soon lass since you've performed so well on your trials! Congratulations!!

Signed : Jenifer Feather

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 10:54:36 am »

But Ma'am.. I'm in green already...

Got it on Sunday.

Signed: Junior Scout, Kelly Sanderson

John Dell:

John Dell:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length