Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:43:52 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier Induction Course
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier Induction Course  (Read 1662 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2006, 07:52:19 pm »

Attended by:

Raiden, Senior Grenadier (tutoring & leading) *grins*
Vince Valentine, Senior Grenadier
Tiberius, Senior Guardsman
Darwin, Watchman
Max O'Munpain, Watchman
Salick Kaysen, Guardsman Recruit

Arc, Senior Guardsman (joined for hunt)
Vincent Redfield, Regular Dragoon (joined for hunt)

Part One - Grenadier Regiment Lecture

The aim of this course was to introduce and explain more about the famed Baron's Own Grenadiers to the guardsmen of Cove.

After Senior Guardsman Grief did his best to put the willies up all present be saying the regiment is cursed... Ryan - missing, Ahmed - missing, Gimbly - missing etc. etc. I got to work on the men.

I explained to all those present the four virtues of the Grenadiers...

Loyalty
Discipline
Brotherhood
Ability to Fight

A Grenadier is loyal to the Baron above all else! They are his bodyguard and as such he must trust them and his orders must be followed without hesitation.

Discipline is a key word for a Grenadier whether it be on the parade ground, arena or combat. Not an inch is given or expected in training, battle or tavern!

The Grenadiers are a tight knit unit and treat eachother as brothers. This brotherhood comes before anything else except the Baron himself. Whether they be dowining ale and making merry or dowining enemies and defending Cove the Grenadiers stick together... "A Grenadier before all others!".

Ability to fight? They are the heavy archers and melee fighters of Cove. Many are seasoned veterans of long campaigns and numerous battles and skirmishes.

Part Two - Intensive Training

All Grenadiers love to train. Aye it might not look like it but Vince, Vlad and me love it! Hoohah! So i put those present through a short, sharp training session to get warmed up for...

Part Three - Hunt to Dungeon Ice

A favourite haunt of the Grenadiers we set off for Ice joined by Arc and Vincent Redfield. Arc opened a portal and we arrived outside the dungeon. We entered and were immediately set upon by arctic ogre lords, ice elementals, snow storms, frozen rats and the Avatar knows what else!

We hacked and slashed our way through them all before withdrawing back to Cove in time fer tea with over 12,000 coins for the Baron's coffers.

FOR THE GRENADIERS!

If ye could nay attend and want ter know more about the Grenadiers then send meh a pigeon (205-754-768)

*signed*

Raiden, Senior Grenadier.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 08:01:31 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 07:58:02 am »

"May not look like it, but we love to train"!!??
I'll have you know i'm in the best shape of my life! That shape just happens to be.....round.
Excellent course Raiden, you never fail to come up with the goods!
Why, i'm sure there's a fresh batch of grenadiers ready to join the ranks already!

Signed
      Vince Valentine
     Senior Grenadier

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length