Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:48:53 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Junior Trial: Vincent Redfield
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Junior Trial: Vincent Redfield  (Read 2376 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2006, 03:23:15 pm »

Vinny the Red eh? So, ye want a second Trial? Alright then, but given ye already had the experience of your first this one will be doubly hard! Let's find out if your organisational skills are as well developed as your battle prowess.

Junior Trials: Vincent Redfield

Your Junior Trial will last for 2 full weeks. You will be required to complete a number of tasks each week. Should you fail to complete all tasks in the time assigned you will fail your Trials!

Tasks

* You will hold a personal campaign to attract the finest warriors in the land
* A Series of Trophies will be collected.
* You will hold a grand Battle Tournament

Details

* Leaflets will be dropped both weeks in the following locations during prime hours: Felucca Moongates, Trammel Moongates, Felucca Banks, Trammel Banks, Ilshenar Gates, Well visited hunting grounds or dungeons
* You will collect the following Trophies: Hair of the Snow Lady, Belt of the Golden Eternal Wytch, Tentacle of the Leviathan, The Skull of the Bone Deamon
* At least 6 other guardsmen will accompany you on your trophy hunts
* At least 30.000 coins will be collected from these hunts to further the Baronship!
* The Tournament will exist of a one-on-one and a two-on-two competition.
* All weapons, armour, bandages and reagents will be provided by yourself
* You will devise special rules to ensure the battles are evened between all sorts of fighters.
* Build an arena and seating arrangement in Cove. Try to have beverages and food supplied. Perhaps even some gambling. (Eton?, VTC?)
* Visit me personally and explain to me your plans for this tournament
* You will advertise this tournament personally across the lands. Naturally Loyalists are not invited, but everyone with a neutral or good relationship with Cove is invited.

Good luck Vinny!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:57:37 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged

Vincent Redfield
Ya, rly
Covian Citizen

.........=II=.........

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 05:27:02 pm »

Huah! As soon as I learned my trials had been posted, I immediately set to work! Seeing as the easiest of them was to slay the Snow Lady, I rounded up the available guardsmen and got to it.

Attending:
M'self, the leader o'course.
Veldrin
Vlad
Max o'Munpain
Templar Hugo
Darek Milako II
Kelly
some Odd character dressed in all grey, too.

I briefed everyone on the mission, and once they understood, we met at the Minoc Moongate. Checking the map, I realized our destination would take an unnecessarily long time. Lucky, our resident heavilly accented mage, Veldrin, had a rune to a spot slightly closer. I gave some last-minute pointers, and in we went through the gate Veldrin had cast, somewhere near the Tokunese Citadel entrance.

The trek from there on was harrowing. The worst of it were the sheer abundance of the beastly wolves, who plagued us every step of the way. I'll admit, I'm a little surprised myself at the excellence and efficiency of how my group dealt with them. I'd say well over 30 were slain, as they attacked us two, sometimes three or four at a time. Painstakingly, we moved on. Through forests and jungles filled with terrors of the unknown, we battled lizardmen, giant wolves, and the occasional ninja fellow who decided he's made a serious vocational error, and to take it out on us. No matter, soon, we came to the entrance of the cave and proceeded to enter. I had never saw a lady of the snow before, but my instincts told me I was looking at one. Without hesitation, this floating ice-woman charged at us, and battle ensued...

Almost as fast, we put her down.

Cries of 'This can't be it!" and "Surely, theres more!" sounded off. Not to disappoint, we pushed into the ice fields, where it became even more difficult. Two at a time they assaulted us, and assorted ice beasts came as well. We found ourselves surrounded and then--our saving grace! Templar Preceptor Hugo stepped through a gate, and proceeded to hack, with his surely holy axe, apart the fiends that plagued us. We ravaged the ice fields ten times over, and over Fifteen Ladies of the Snow were put down. Returning home, we came to count our gold--a grand sum indeed! Over Fourty Thousand!

Well done everyone, and thanks!

-Vinny Red

Vince's tears cure cancer. Too bad he never cried.
The cheif export of Vince is pain.
Vince can impregnate a woman jus by pointing at her and saying "Booya!"
Vince's mace swinging powers the sun.
In a duel, Vince's left testicle was cut out. You may know its more scientific name, Jupiter.
Vince never wet his bed as a child. The bed wet itself out of fear.
The movie Anaconda was filmed in Vince's pants.
Vince once killed someone so fast that he died the day before.
Your milkshake doesn't bring Vince to the yard.
Vince has only visited Europe once. This tragic occasion is now referred to as the Bubonic plague.
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 05:05:12 am »

I will carry memories of those wolves for the rest of my days.

Veldrin Ni'Harel
Regular Guardsman

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Vincent Redfield
Ya, rly
Covian Citizen

.........=II=.........

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 05:40:14 pm »

The slaying of the Bone Deamon!

It had been a while since I'd been to Doom. In fact, the last time I was in there I was in Yewian uniform..I'd remembered the routes and such, but a feeling of nervousness still came over me. I looked over my team...

Attending:
M'self (Leadin')
Hoagie
Joey Lanai
Thomas Sendrich
Mela
Salick
Nicholi
Williamm Little
Dylan Freewater

It was an impressive force indeed, something I'd consider taking to battle, or war, but this was different. I knew the capibilities of these warriors, and they were great. However, even as we neared the entrance to Doom I was panic stricken. Luckily for me, My fears would be without base.

We dove into the cave, and in a flash, I took my team towards a small enclosure, where not more than an altar and a woman stood. I recognized the woman as Victoria, the shy priestess from my days as a Yewian. It seems she was trapped here, her soul bound to this place, but not without purpose. She spoke briefly, and only to me. It seems a giant Bone deamon kept her here, and wouldn't let her leave. In exchange for 1,000 deamon bones, she'd summon the creature...she knew me though, and agreed to do it for only 500. We immediately set to work, breaking off into 2 teams.

This was my first surprise. I expected this task to take hours, but it was done within 10 minutes! My team worked ferociously fast, and met back near Victoria. The deal was struck...

Within Seconds, it appeared our fate was sealed.

The giant Bone Deamon appeared with his lackeys, and the fight was fierce. Bone shards and spells were slung everywhere, and not all that came into Doom left in the same condition..many were wounded, and to say that it was hard is an understatement..

In the end, no one can stop the Covians!

The battle was won, but at what price? Victoria, my sweet Victoria was gone...had she escaped? Or was her very essense consumed by this hellish place? I may never know. I rallied the men (and woman!) and returned home poste haste.

It seems through many hours of battle and many wounds, our prize was a bit anti-climactic. A single, golden skull sculpture. Maybe it'll proove useful someday. All in all we collected a bit under 30,000 gold..but looting comes second to survival on trips like these. My team surprised me, and noone acted any less than professional! Well done team, and thanks!

-Vinny Red

Vince's tears cure cancer. Too bad he never cried.
The cheif export of Vince is pain.
Vince can impregnate a woman jus by pointing at her and saying "Booya!"
Vince's mace swinging powers the sun.
In a duel, Vince's left testicle was cut out. You may know its more scientific name, Jupiter.
Vince never wet his bed as a child. The bed wet itself out of fear.
The movie Anaconda was filmed in Vince's pants.
Vince once killed someone so fast that he died the day before.
Your milkshake doesn't bring Vince to the yard.
Vince has only visited Europe once. This tragic occasion is now referred to as the Bubonic plague.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length