Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 09:37:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier trials: Kendall Richter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier trials: Kendall Richter  (Read 4669 times)
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:22:24 pm »

"One of my blood applying to join the greatest squad in the Covian army. Yet blood alone is not enough; we'll have to see what the Richters are made of!"

Grenadier Trials: Kendall Richter

Tasks

*Run a series of hunts and patrols to collect the sum of thirty-five thousand gold for the Baron's personal funds.
*Take the Grenadier oath to the Baron.
*Organize one hunt to slay ant lions and collect their piles of bronze order to be used in the creation of the famed Grenadier arms.
*Run a training session to prove your commitment to discipline. This training session should have a special emphasis on the arts of parry; the famed heater shield being an icon of the Grenadiers after all.

Details

*All tasks must include a report.
*The ant lion hunt must total four guardsmen or more.
*All patrols or hunts should have at least two other participants.
*The training session must include at least one Grenadier and three other guardsmen.

Good luck!

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 04:20:06 pm »

On the road ahead of me lays many challenges, but for a Richter, these challenges are naught but pebbles in my path.

To begin my trials, I attempted to host a brief hunt, but due to the shortage of men and the child's play destination, it seems more a patrol. Nevertheless, our efforts should not be overlooked.

A Patrol to the Orc Fort
Led by Regular Kendall Richter

* Joey Lanai, Dragoon Sergeant
* Vlad, Regular Grenadier
* Vince Valentine, Grenadier Corporal

Gold collected: 15,000 pieces

After gathering what few members I could, we marched hastily toward our destination: The Orc Fort. We met with little resistance, as the orcs had been severely weakened by our constant attacks since the Orc invasion of Cove. Judging by their numbers and feeble attacks, they aren't likely to persue such an invasion again very soon.

After battering the orcs for a long while, we finally came across the gigantic orc brute. Swift justice was plunged into his knees in the form of a shadow iron blade. He stood no chance against our efforts!

After clearing the fort of a couple of other giant orc warriors, and their irritating archers, we gathered what gold we could carry and headed back to the barracks. A sum of nearly fifteen thousand gold was collected, impressive for a mere patrol. Once the gold was counted, the men were dismissed and the patrol party dispersed.

Another blood-gorged victory in the wake of a Richter.

-Kendall Richter
Regular Guardsman
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:21:57 pm by Veldrin » Logged

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 10:43:38 pm »

As scheduled, I led another hunt that had a significantly better turnout than the last mission. I led ten able men down into the darkest regions of Despise, where we would face enemies hardly deserving of our blades.

A Hunt to Despise, led by Kendall Richter

* Joey Lanai
* Hoagie
* Mela
* Vince Valentine
* Vlad
* Jenifer Feather
* Raiden Morana
* Salick Kaysen
* I think I missed someone.

Gold Collected: 20,000 pieces

We began the long trek to Dungeon Despise west along the main road. Dragoon Sergeant Joey Lanai took rearguard, riding his horse as cut down what enemies threw themselves in our path. Blood thirsty brigands, trolls and ogres suicidally attacked our ten-strong group and were quickly dealt their deaths. Many spans of time passed before we finally reached the entrance to Despise. The Scouts equipped their lanterns and torches to light the way as we cut through the weak ettins to get to our destination. As we ascended to the lower level, I lost my way somewhat in the dank absence of light. It was of little importance, as nearby was an encampment of ogre warlords. We went forth to raid and slaughter them, leaving their hulking bodies to litter the cavern floor.

Once we finished off the ogre lords, we traced our path backwards, and then split into two groups. Jenifer Feather headed a small group of three to hunt on their own, collecting gold and slaying the evil creatures in the name of Cove. Our own group swept through the caverns and took down the collection of spell casting Titans and foul-smelling cyclops.

In the end, our men regrouped and we returned to the barracks with gold heavy in our pockets. From the sum of gold collected from our efforts, I delt out what extra there was and put the remaining twenty thousand into the stores for the Baron's personal use.

Then men did well. It was entirely too easy.

-Kendall Ricther
Regular Guardsman

-----
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 01:41:26 am »

Good show!

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 03:59:24 am »

To hunt for Antlions in the Solen Hives, I had to begin by stealing Regular Vlad's Lineup.

A Hunt to the Solen Hive, led by Kendall Richter, Regular Guardsman
In Attendance:
* Vlad
* Boo Little
* Salick Kaysen
* Isabella
* Mela (Came Later)

We started the hunt with far more recruits than we ended up with. As we made our way from the Barracks to the Vesper Crossroads, one or two recruits failed to appear. Most likely eaten or devoured by monstrous creature, but such things will happen. From the crossroads, the remaining guardsman set northward to search for an entrance to the Solen Hive. Bordered by a pile of dirt on the ground, we located  the tunnel into the hive.

The other side of the tunnel was surprisingly well lit! We faced little resistance from the Solen, as they obviously were not expecting us. They fell swiftly as we approached the sand pit up ahead, where we would find our target.

The hulking Antlion was a sight to behold, and startling as it spat is acidic venom at our group (which I courageously dodged, the venom splashed a recruit instead). But despite its enormous size, it was no great challenge to bring down. As it fell, others just like it emerged from the loose sands to suicidally assult us Guardsmen. They were dispatched just as easily as the first. Ore was collected from their bulky carcasses and assorted into piles nearby.

Eventually we collected enough Bronze Ore for my Grenadier arms, and we quickly fled the Solen caverns before more Ant-men came to reinforce the ones we had slaughtered. We returned victorious to the Barracks, and I handed out equal shares of the gold we collected.

-Kendall Richter,
Regular Guardsman

-----
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 07:00:26 pm »

The Military Training was held at 6:30pm GMT as planned. Now there is only one more Trial ahead of me. Perhaps it is the simplest, but it is by far the most important.

Rooftop Training, held by Kendall Richter
In Attendence:
* Vince Valentine
* Joey Lanai
* Vlad
* Thomas Sendrich
* Vincent Redfield
* Salick Kaysen
* Tyrael Styx
* Tiberius
* Darath Mithar (Deserted)
* Mela

In today's training, I explained the importance of wielding a shield, and shared my expertise with the other Guardsman. How to hold the shield and how to block blows with it. And that any makeshift shield can be effective as long as you wield it correctly. After some running and pushups to get the Guardsmen warmed up, I had everyone arm a shield. Those who didn't have one were given one.

First I had a few guardsman try to hit me past my shield. Most of the blows were easily blocked, in my best display to show the men just how it was done. In turn, I had the men imitate me while I dealt blows with my halberd to test their skill. Of course, most of them did horribly, but the point was that they got the idea.

The training continued with some brief melee combat, and ended with a team battle. All in all, I would say that the guardsman, now knowing how to use a shield, are better off now.

-Kendall Richter,
Regular Guardsman
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 01:13:07 pm by Veldrin/Levi » Logged

-----
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 10:38:07 pm »

And finally, I took to Oath to complete my Grenadier Trials.

It would be an honor to serve as your protector, Cousin.

-Kendall Richter
Regular Guardsman
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 10:40:04 pm by Veldrin » Logged

-----
Will Little
Rogue
Covian Citizen

"I also, have a cunning plan..."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 10:10:13 am »

Just a quick note, it was Will Little who went on Ant Lion hunt. *Smiles* Well done!

userjosh5368
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 10:46:53 am »

Hey Kendal lass forgetting i was at the training *Smirks* Using my scout presence again...

Signed
Vlad
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 01:13:34 pm »

Ah, yes, you did come later didn't you! Let me correct this list!

-Kendall Richter,
Regular Guardsman

-----
Will Little
Rogue
Covian Citizen

"I also, have a cunning plan..."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 02:13:01 pm »

"No, ma'am. I was there since the start. My brother, Boo - did not attend." *Salutes*

Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 12:30:40 pm »

Blast you recruits and your similar names!

-Kendall Richter
Regular Guardsman

-----
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length