Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 05:41:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Reporting the News!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Reporting the News!  (Read 4858 times)
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2006, 02:44:23 pm »

BoC is looking for talented writers to post the Covian news every week!

These news reports revolve around the happenings of Cove and appear on the front page of our website, letting outsiders know what goes on in our fair town. They're only required about once or twice a week, and consist of couple of paragraphs to explain the details of the event in question and one or two sketches to liven up the report.

These news reports have been known to show up on the Stratics: Europa News page quite commonly, and represent BoC on our homepage as a guild for the world to see. This is a task of some prestige, and I will be lending my help to whomever chooses to undertake the task.

Anyone is welcome to apply for reporting the news, regardless of rank, as long as you're in BoC. More than one person can apply as well, if they so wish. You can reply to this thread or send me an ICQ (174-674-957), and we'll get you on your way.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 02:37:11 pm by Veldrin » Logged

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 02:37:31 pm »

Bump. This sure got buried in posts fast.

-----
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:08:32 pm »

I will add that for each front page story you write you will not only receive a report for your promotional requirements but also any other requirement of your choice. So you swat two birds with one hit!

Kazuo Shinrai
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 04:07:31 pm »

Even though I am not in need of promotion points, sure, I'll report the news. However, this will be mainly specialized on underworld related events.
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:37:08 pm »

I believe I am talented enough, but I am only available every second week, and if I work, perhaps not available at all... So time will tell...

Also I've noticed I've been cursed with some nasty spell making me miss everything big and nice to write about.

Other than that I am fully capable...

As said, I do not know how I will work or even if I will work the coming months. But if I work it can be be daytime (0600-1430), that gives me time enough to play some and write some. It could also be evening (1430-0030), which makes me totally not available... And it could be nighttime (0030-0630) or something... Would also render me unavailable. All times are CET, and even on daytime I will be very tired and go to bed like 2200.

But I might not work at all. But I am looking for a new job, and those jobs I cant tell when I am going to work yet...

And I dont have access to computers every second week as mentioned above. So... You be the judge of my capability!

Salick Kaysen
Scout Recruit
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 07:40:52 pm »

I'd like to take up the position also, if theres room. Im doing a creative writing degree at Uni, heh, so writing stories is pretty much ALL i do.

A fair fight? Thats just one where theres a 50/50 chance youll LOSE. Would you bet your life on the flip of a coin?
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 09:13:25 pm »

Terrific! That will have made four people who applied for this. That should be all we need for now, but anyone else can still apply if they'd like to! I've sent you all some template rules to follow via PM, but if you have any questions, feel free to contact myself or Arkay.

I look forward to reading your upcoming news posts!

-----
Feist
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 11:09:08 pm »

Good to see and hear the News Team is being kept up to scratch.
Writing the News for BoC is indeed VERY rewarding, and not AS demanding as say.. working for the Poste.

Its a good inbetween, and contributes extremely well to Guild culture.
Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 02:23:22 pm »

*Bump*

Still looking for willing and active story writers for the website.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 07:15:58 pm »

Im a writer for the board but to be honest at the moment there isn't a lot to write about.

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 07:21:37 pm »

Im a writer for the board but to be honest at the moment there isn't a lot to write about.

I'm sure you have alot of interesting stories to share. If not, make something up. *fake grin*

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 02:11:36 pm »

Well regular updates on the Minoc situation would be appreciated.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 10:31:46 pm »

Righto I'll get on it.

Krieger
Head Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Rubs beard.*

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 12:24:06 am »

Is there need for another news reporter? I'm active most nights, and more than willing to take up the position.

I will add that for each front page story you write you will not only receive a report for your promotional requirements but also any other requirement of your choice.

..is this still going? Tongue

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 05:42:55 am »

I'd love to get involved, you can check out some of my writing in the Scribes Trove.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length