Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:59:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Of Memory
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Of Memory  (Read 2565 times)
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2006, 12:42:59 am »

Eason looked on proudly as Regular Scout Mela gave her hand in marriage to Captain Erik Arkay. A fine man for a fine woman, he thought. Having seen her develop from a young child, and having seen Captain Arkay from his early days as a Guardsman Recruit, Eason smiled faintly.. quietly rejoicing this bond of matrimony.

Not only an eve ago, Exploring Officer Gregor Eason had no memory of either of these two Covians. His mind was null, and his body.. a scrap of flesh.. with nay use, nor interest. He required spongebaths to maintain his personal hygiene. The honourable.. was no longer honourable.

However, in the early hours of this 'ere morn, a faint dream stirred Eason from his bed. What he thought only a nightmare, was in fact.. what he had become. A ragged old man, lost in his mind, forgotten of his pride, his sucesses, his failures, and more..

The sudden burst of knowledge, of history, was staggeringly painful for the former Commander, and lasted many hours as both his body and mind twisted and flailed, in the unlocking of his past.

However, the old man succeeded. It seemed he had yet time to spare, as he gathered and composed himself. He reequipped his old armour.

"Lucky", he spoke. "Still fits."

Gregor Eason, Exploring Officer
Covian Army, Baronship of Cove

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:44:51 am »

The eve before Erik and Mela's wedding Raiden had been mortified to see former commander & exploring officer Eason grovelling around on the ground outside the barracks looking for a lost biscuit?

He could not believe that this gibbering wreck was the same man that had snatched defeat from the jaws of victory so many times for Cove (*grins*).

It pained Raiden to see his old friend in such a state and that night he went to bed with a heavy heart. But life must go on. It was Erik and Mela's wedding the next day and the Baron's safety must be assured.

Best mind that duty Raiden.

Raiden took his place proudly next to the Baron at the big event, always alert to any danger that could befall his Liege.

Scanning the rows of guests a familiar face jumped out at him from the farthest of vantage points... EASON!

Dressed in his full Covian uniform Eason seemed more like his old self and bore no resemblance to the creature Raiden had witnessed the night before.

With Erik and Mela happily spliced and the Baron safe Raiden managed to grab a few quick words with the former commander.

"Still alive?" Raiden said barely supressing a grin.
"Welcome back Sir."

The old man seemed well enough although the winters passed seemed to be taking there toll.

Arkay and Mela married and the impending return of Eason... A great day for Cove.

Raiden continued his duties...

[ooc]I guess you found you mojo? Wink Just thought I'd say welcome back mate Smiley[/ooc]

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:54:30 pm »

Fiddling with the ribbons on her dress Mela stood near the wall talking to guests and narrowly accepting gifts from people she barely knew. Was strange, although she put on the invite that they weren't needed people were still kind enough to bring them anyway.
Sighing soft Mela looked up at the next person in line, and after doing a double take she realised it was - Eason!

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 02:33:34 pm »

(OOC: Jah jah! Don't welcome me back I'll be gone before you know it. Gwah??!)

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 07:20:19 pm »

[OOC: Pfft, don't blame me for only having a modem...Welcome back mate Smiley]

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length