Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 02:32:54 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Archived Citizens Posts
| | | |-+  Hunter's Guild Overview
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hunter's Guild Overview  (Read 2190 times)
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2006, 06:09:21 pm »

The Hunter Guild
"The hunter kneels down to inspect a snapped twig protruding from a young sapling. Two twisted, brown hairs stuck between wood fibers quiver in the gentle caress of his hushed breath. Using one gloved hand, he scoops up some of the dirt at his feet and brings it to his nose. A sly smile threads across his face, and he glances back to his fellow huntsmen. 'It's close,' he whispers as he nocks an arrow onto his bowstring."

The Hunter's Guild is a collection of skilled men and women whose primary specialization in life is the bush. They are exceptionally talented at tracking and bringing down game animals and beasts, selling the hides, feathers, and other resources for a profit. Hunters will target animals as meek as the peaceful deer, or beasts as ferocious as the fire-breathing dragon. They band together for hunts, expressing a profound sense of brotherhood, utilizing their skills and taking pleasure in the thrill of the hunt.

Hunter Traits
Hunters are famously cunning and resourceful, instinctively knowing how to survive in almost any enivornment with minimal supplies. They can be classy and sophisicated, or quiet and reclusive, butall of them are usually most comfortable when surrounded by nature. Hunters believe they are more intelligent than most other citizens, but have a deep respect for one another. They are usually very recognizable by their dress style, which often consists of natural brown and green colored armor, to better blend in with their surroundings.

Required Skills
Hunters must have some weapon and combat skills. Archery is most recommended, but other weapons skills are permitted.

Rules and Regulations
* All Hunters should strive to abide the law.
* Hunters are allowed Armor and Weapons as listed below.
* Hunts must consist of at least two people.
* All Hunters are supplied basic leather tunic, leggings, gloves, a skinning knife, torch, and a weapon (bow, spear, hatchet, or mace depending on their weapon class). Any other armor must be purchased individually from the Artisan’s Guild.
* Hunters may NOT engage in PvP combat; If confronted with a PvP situation, a hunter must retreat and/or call for the help of the Guardsmen.
* Hunters may NOT use magery or chivalry to hunt their game, as magic taints the resources harvested from its body.
* Wages are dependant on how many resources they gather and contribute during events to the Guild Store.

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Limm
Hunter Guildmaster
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:04:36 pm »

As Of 11th October 2006, my account shall be cancelled, I've been having too many problems with internet lag and being bored that i'm leaving UO for the time being, I'm sure Oct will place someone with more time to spare in this role, and I wish them all the best, ta ta for now!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 04:11:11 pm by Limm » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length