Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:50:11 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Baronship Announcements
| | |-+  Old Announcements
| | | |-+  The Legend of Sirrus (The Story So Far)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Sirrus (The Story So Far)  (Read 5483 times)
The Legend of Sirrus
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2006, 07:50:09 pm »

The Legend of Sirrus Plotline
Part 1 - An Old Mans Obsession

================

60 years ago...

*The tip of a sword was held to the throat of an old knight, though he was not afraid, he just smirked at the man holding the sword, "James Horkes... you arent going to kill me" the man said, James the sword holder took a look around at the thirteen or so crossbows pointing at his head, he took a step back, the man on the end pushed the blade aside and laughed "There is nothing you can do, i'm taking this book and that is that" James sheathed his sword, he was powerless and he knew it,  "Arthur, even if you do find Sirrus' armour, nobody knows what will happen! I will find the book Arthur, someday  i will find you!" the knight took a step to the side and motioned his men to move out, they left the dark room they were standing in leaving James standing there, alone. He drew his sword and thrusted it backward, a moan was heard and James lifted his torch to show a zombie corpse wriggling on the end of his blade, "Deceit indeed" he said before pulling his sword out and walking out of the room.

3 weeks ago...

*An old man stepped into an old bookshop, and the shopkeep guided him to a shelf, "you'll find it here Mr. Horkes" he said, gesturing with an open hand, James, now 83 years of age glanced over the shelf and nodded to the shopkeep, who then walked away, could this be it? what James had been looking for all these years?

James laughed at the author of the book "You only wrote a book about it? your making it to easy for me.." he said before opening the book, he smoothed his hands over the centre pages of the book, a small inscription was visible "Tetnium Ardani Sirrus" he said, with that the inscription disapeared in a puff of smoke, James coughed and waved the smoke away to see a small piece of parchment in the centre of the pages.

2 Days ago...

*The large hand of his timepiece ticked past the last hour, James the old scribe was sitting on an old wooden chair in the university of Moonglow, the grey haired old man seemed impatient and he stood to leave, but before he could a large door slammed shut and a long bearded man stepped into the hallway. "Ah.. I should've known it was you James as soon as they mentioned Sirrus", James frowned and stepped up "I know i have said this before, but now i have proof!", with that James held up a small tattled piece of parchment with some scribbling on it, "You cant ignore me now Lucius, this is what we've been after for years!", Lucius, the bearded man pufed on his pipe and glanced at the paper through a monocle, "I see... this still doesnt proove it exists, its just a piece of paper James" James sighed "But look at what it says, the location of the armour!" he replied, "But its just an old riddle, how do you know for sure?" said Lucius "well, there's only one way to find out" James said while tucking the parchment away neatly "Even if you solve the riddle, it sounds dangerous, i know you will not be dungeon crawling at your age" said Lucius, James smirked "I know just the person... who can help me"

================

So it begins, the Armour of Sirrus Plotline !

This plotline will include several events which everyone can help run and take part in, Details will follow so keep your eyes peeled!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 01:00:46 pm by Joey Lanai » Logged
The Legend of Sirrus
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 10:10:52 pm »

The Legend of Sirrus
Part 2 - The Legend Unfolds

*Joey walked into the Barracks and up to his desk to find a letter lying there, "To Sergeant Joey Lanai" was written on the front, Joey opened the letter to find a small note

"Dear Sergeant Lanai,
                                             This letter is of the upmost importance. I have come into my
                 possesion a map to a location where there lies a piece, if not the entire suit of a
                 legendary warrior known only as 'Sirrus', if you want a part in this most heroic deed,
                 please meet me at the following co-ordinates."

Joey packed up his things, mounted his steed and rode off to meet the strange informant.

James sat at his chair anticipating Joey's arrival when there was a knock at the door, he hopped up out of his chair and answered the door to see a man in a Covian uniform, it was none other then Joey himself. "Good! you made it" said James, "I knew i could count on a.. Hero.. like yourself" he said, while hiding a smirk as he turned away from Joey, "Damn straight fella, now, wha's so urgent i needs t'come all the way out 'ere?" Joey said, James reached into a pack on the table and removes a small parchment wrapped in a cloth, "Tell me Joey, what do you know about 'Sirrus'?", Joey shrugged and curled his lip somewhat "I ain' got a clue, you said he was some kind o'warrior aye?" he said, James clicked his finger and pointed at Joey "That's right" he said "Be it a little vague", James grinned and took a seat.

"The Legend of Sirrus dated back to unrecorded times, Legend has it he was the General of an army so vast it controled the entire southern hemisphere of Sosaria, his heroic acts were legendary among his people, though, power did rush to his head all to fast when he realised where he was he bacame paranoid, he had his armour enchanted by a powerfull arcanist named Dahnius who worked closely with the famous General.

Though, Dahnius had other intentions.

When Sirrus put on the armour he became stronger, more agile and more inteligent then any man alive but! there was a downside, he could not remove the armour lest it cost him his life. Sirrus went insane inside the suit, and his feeling only fueled his paranoya, he locked all his belongings and Dahnius inside a vault locked by a dark curse where only a wearer of the armour can open its doors.

Sirrus had become so twisted that he had his own men remove his limbs so that the armour can be taken off, he vowed that the arcanist never be released so he had the armour split up and sent all over sosaria, never to be uncovered again."

"Wow.." said Joey "So uh.. how do i fit into this? how're we supposed to find this armour if he's dead?" he said, James smiles and nodded "I was hoping you would ask that, it turns out that one of Sirrus' closest men betrayed him by recording the locations of all the sites where the armour was hidden, and created riddles to torture and taunt the minds of anyone who decided to find the armour." said James, "And you know where the first piece is?" Joey replied, "I believe i do, and the location of the others, but the riddles do need solving" said James, Joey nodded "And you want me to help you find it" Joey said as James leant forward holding out the parchment, "The answers are in your hands, you just need to find them", Joey nodded, shook James' hand and set off back to Cove, it was time to begin the quest.*
The Legend of Sirrus
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 01:57:38 pm »

The Legend of Sirrus
Part 3 - The Armour of Sirrus

"Vince's routine seldom changed, he was a creature of habbit. It was well into the morning, 10 o'clock or so, he was schedueled to be on duty, but here he was, passed out in a dark corner (or had he crawled there to avoid the light?) of the Dragoon Headquarters, his uniform amiss, bottles
of ale strewn about him, and the smell of nightshade in the air. Suddenly the door to the small room was opened abruptly, and Vince jolted awake, only one eye able to open as he looked at the dark figure in the doorway.

It was Joey

'We's got work t'do.'

Several books were tossed in Vince's direction, as he tried to shield himself with one hand. Staggering up, he collected the books, and wiped some sticky ale from the corner of his mouth.
'What is this?' he croaked out. Painstakingly, Joe explained the story of Sirrus, James, Lucius, Aurthur, and Dahnius. Vince collected his thoughts and worked through the hangover, squinting at the words as he skimmed through the books. 'I'm puttin' yer in charge of findin' out just what this armour does. You work on tha', while I find out -where- it is.' Vince set to work. Tripping down the stairs and twisting an ankle, he mumbled a curse and hobbled to the direction of the moongate.

Trinsic, City of Truth. Or was it Honor? Whatever, Vince thought, as he hobbled to the island where the paladins resided. As a boy, he had heard Paladins tell fairytales of great treasure, powerful warriors, and, occasionally, mystic armor. He knew for a fact the paladins kept records of such tall-tales, so he decided to check there. First, he shrouded himself to protect his identity as a rebel. Second, he perchased some fine Trinsician ale....that took a while. Eventually, he found his way to the barracks, where he inquired of the armsmaster there where they kept such information.

"Kane! Buddy ol' pal..." started Vince. Kane, the Master of Arms, gave him a doubtful look.
"What is it this time, Redfield. Money? or are you in trouble again?"
Vince had served with Kane as a soldier in a mercenary faction many years ago.
"Come on! We're old friends! I only need some information....besides, you're broker than broke."
Kane sighed. "Well, what is it."

"I need to know what you know about a guy named 'Sirrus.'"
"Best I can say is check the library. Section "L" under "Lore."
"L for Lore eh..thanks, buddy!"
"Dont mess up my files!" called Kane, as Vince dashed off.

Shortly after, there was a decently sized pile of books thrown about in the paladin barracks. Vince was loosing patience, and giving up hope fast, when, at the back of the shelf, he noticed a familiar word..

'Dahnius' Legendary Armor'.

"Aha!" Called Vince as he snatched the book. Quickly tucking it into his cloak, he murmured an incantation, and he was back at the barracks in Cove. Rushing to the Dragoon HQ, he dropped several scrolls, and a single, large leatherbound book. Vince was no genius...well, he wasn't even of average intelligence, but he was mildly good with book-work. He set to work, glancing at the textbook, and jotting something down on the blank scrolls. This was repeated for some time, until Joey resurfaced. Vince hadn't been keeping track of time, and managed to miss an entire day of guard-duty.

"Any Luck?" Joey inquired.
"Aye...Come look a'this."

Vince showed Joey to his notes.

The Armour of Sirrus

The Helm of Sirrus

"My helmet must give me enhanced vision for a tactical advantage over my enemies"

With this Dahnius created the Helm of Sirrus. It's ability would allow the wearer to see through solid objects.

===

The Voice of Sirrus

"One piece must enhance my voice, so all my armies can hear me with a single word"

With this Dahnius created the Voice of Sirrus. It would allow the wearer to bellow their voice louder then any known fog horn.

===

The Tunic of Sirrus

"No doubt assasins will try and defeat me, craft me a tunic that cannot be breached"

With this Dahnius created the Tunic of Sirrus. It would protect the wearer from any form of attack and give them a higher thresh hold for pain.

===

The Strength of Sirrus

"I want to be stronger then my enemy on the battle field"

With this Dahnius created the Strength of Sirrus, These powerfull platemail arms would make the wearer stronger then any man alive.

===

The Speed of Sirrus

"I will need quick feet to move around if i am on foot"

With this Dahnius created the Speed of Sirrus, allowing the wearer to move at high speeds without ever tiring

===

The Aim of Sirrus

"I want expert accuracy with my bow, grant me this ability"

With this Dahnius created the Aim of Sirrus, which should have given Sirrus the ability to aim his bow with ease, but fearing Lord Sirrus may use it to terminate his life from afar, Dahnius created two pairs of gauntlets that were the only means of removing the previous armour pieces, but only if they were worn without any other pieces, One pair for Sirrus and another for himself to blackmail Sirrus into having him live.

===

"Excellent.." Joe nodded. "We'll have to start searching for these, immediately then."

OOC rules for the armour pieces can be found here
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:48:10 pm by The Legend of Sirrus » Logged
The Legend of Sirrus
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 07:53:22 pm »

The Legend of Sirrus
Part 4 - The First Riddle

*Joey and Vince sat in the Dragoon headquarters, they had been
pondering over the translation for days, late nights in the tavern
with the men still couldnt solve this puzzle until eventually they
had it, the translation was complete but they could not solve it,
they would need help from elsewhere, the first Riddle was revealed*

The First Riddle

[OOC: If you believe you can solve the riddle and wish to lead the hunt to where you think you can find the first piece of the armour, contact either Joey Lanai [177280965] or Vincent Redfield [105-359-067] before proceeding - For details on the armour pieces and what they do Click here, Which piece will you find?]
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 01:18:32 am »

The Legend of Sirrus
Part - 5 The Aim of Sirrus

*The wounded soldier Kurt Alimar punished for deeds he had nay done.  Rallies a number of brave Covian guardsmen in a search for the first piece of armor.  Only the bravest dared ventured with the wounded leader.*

*Through the dark woods of Umbra the Covians ventured.  The Eyes glowing from the creatures in the dark woods struck fear into the Covians.  Even then the group continued forth until they found the entrance too the Dungeon.  Before they entered, they ran into a familiar face Joey Lanai who had already braved the woods on his own.  Before they entered the Covians prepared mentally for the horrors that lurk beneath the ground.  They looked too what little light shun upon them before shouting FOR COVE, and running bravely inside.*

*Upon entering the dungeon the denizens off the dark stepped forth with hordes of undead and dark warped creatures.  The Covians slew all they could find on the way too the summoning room.  Too the brave guardsmen they believed that they were doing well, but they still had a long way too go.*

*The guardsmen fought there way too the summoning room.  Upon entering they were met with a large group of Undead creatures.  The Covians charged the group smashing the enemy with their shields, and slashing them with their swords.  In the end the Covians stood over shattered remnants of the enemy.  It looked too be that the room had been taken, but the guardsmen were wrong.*

*The wounded leader ordered all of the Covian dragoons too split from his group and look elsewhere for the bones.  The names echoed forth in the cave, "Flina, Joey, and Hoagie go look elsewhere for the bones!" "The rest o' ye Anthony, Gimbly, and Kal stay with me and hold this position!"*

*As the other Covians left, deep dark whispers and cackles were heard in the darkness, the Undead threat was moving again.  Kurt Alimar, Anthony Poena, Gimbly, and Kal Shadowhand readies themselves for a fight.  Eventually the evil horde of undead poored through the dark halls and into the summoning room.  The hunt had begun!  The undead came from all sides hacking wildly at the covians shields.  Anthony Poena shattered multiple enemies in one swing.  Gimbly smashed enemies with his large shield and hacked away on the others.  Kal Shadowhand snuck around killing many enemies with quick swift jabs off his spear.  While Kurt Alimar decimated enemies with his favorite mace.*

*When all seemed lost, out of no where the dragoons, lead by Joey Lanai and Vince Redfield charged forth and shouted FOR COVE! As they ran Joey smashed through several undead and Vince swept his mace so hard that the mere wind from the swing knocked the skeletons heads off!  Hoagie and Flina followed behind slaying the rest of the undead that remained.* 

*The battle worn Covians looked grateful too the saviors, and with no delay they made there way too summon The Dreaded Bone Daemon.*

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 08:18:43 pm by Joey Lanai » Logged
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 01:47:02 am »

The Legend of Sirrus
Part 5 - (Continued)

*After the Covians had beaten the horde of minions a deep dark laughter echoed through the dark room.  The remains of the shattered enemies began lifting from the ground and started too pull together.  The guardsmen watched in horror as The Bone Daemon took form.  The adversary they sought too fight had finnaly shown it's self, and began it's rampage of destruction.*

*The covians attacked the Bone Daemon in the dark bashing, hacking, slashing, and smashing at it.  The first Covian too charge at it was the brave Flina.  Who was hit hard by the bone daemons massive fists, knocking her into the hallway.  The rest charged at it hitting it and running.  Vincent tried to stand and fight it by himself, but even his agility and strength was no match for it.  The bone daemon picked Vince up and through him down hard leaving him unconcious.*

*Kurt Alimar ran at the beast, but it grabbed him, and started squeezing him.  The wounds from his lashing he recieved earlier reopened, and started bleeding.  Kurt screamed in pain and swung his mace at the beasts skull as hard as he could.  The daemon dropped him, and the Guardsman passed out from the pain.  Just as the beast was about too finish Kurt, Joey swung at the beasts leg shattering it and making it fall too the ground.  Kurt awoke too see the beast helpless on the ground.  He then ordered everyone to beat the Guardian out of The Bone Daemon.  After it lay slewn Kurt hacked it's skull off, and put it in a large bag.*

*The guardsmen looked at the remains beleving it was over, and just as they were about too rejoice they found out it was far from over.  The walls and ground shook with a violent tremble.  The guardsmen prepared for the worst when out of no where Joey Lanai shouted, "look another one!"  The covians unified and fought the beast with savagery and valor.  The beast was not alone it had an army of skeletons too it's aid.  It seemed the covians would not make it out alive.*

*The Covians stared at the horde with horror and despair.  The morale was low but just as they thought all seemed lost.  Hoagie gripped his sword and charged into the horde slashing the skeletons, and bashing the others with his shield.  Flina shouted, "Hoagie!" then charged in right after him slashing and hacking like never before.  The rest charged in like they had nothing too lose!*

*The guardsmen fought valiantly as the undead clawed and their armor, and soon the undead numbers had decreased.  Anthony Poena and flina attempted to strike down the beast, but were struck down fast.  The spawn of the Guardian attempted too finish Flina off, but as it brought it's foot down Hoagie dragged her back.  The daemon the slammed Hoagie down too the ground after it saw him save her.  It then turned to Hoagie, and as it walked toward him, Anthony awoke and swung his axe into it's shin.  The creature stumbled backward.*

*After the bone daemon stumbled back all the covians stood before it amazed.  The covians all charged at it in unisen, and hacked the beast apart piece by piece.  After Kurt added the daemons head too his collection.  He stood before it and kicked it's motionless corpse.*

*After beating all the odds the Guardian had against them.  A call rang out, "look what I've found!"  The Covians ran towards the area and found a chest.  Kurt Alimar walked forth and found The Aim of Sirrus inside a chest full of riches.  The first piece of armor had been found, and those that found it were rewarded for their valiant struggle.  All the brave guardsmen made it home, and The Aim of Sirrus was handed over too Joey Lanai from Kurt Alimar.  On this day these valiant guardsmen have earned their way into history, but it is not over for this was only the beginning.*

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 08:17:51 pm by Joey Lanai » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length