Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:55:43 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Kal's Turning
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kal's Turning  (Read 1976 times)
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2006, 12:22:06 pm »

I was awaken one fine morning early to a pigeon pecken at my forehead, I get up and seen that it had a note attached to its leg, I grabed the note and read it, ( Dear Kal I write you to let you know that there is some sort-of creature near our town, we hear it every night. There is no one here brave enough to go investigate this, I hope that you see it in your heart to help us out once more. Thank you *Signed* Your friend Daive.)
After reading the note I then woke Cor'Ari Ta and told him to pack for a journey that may take several days. I then had my uncle Chopper(Mathew) Sharpen our weapons incase thar was to be any fighting.

We then got everything ready for our journey then set out for the lands of Illshenar and a place know as Valor, When we arrived there we were met with some small unwelcoming party and quickly set there troubled minds to rest, Cori was as swift as ever and as deadlier than I have ever seen him. We then set out to our destenation, it was a long walk that faced us now, but none the less we would fullfill our promice I once made to Daive. As we arrived at the village I could see the people there, buisy as usual but with a scary look on their faces. I then loked around to where to see if anything had happened to the town as of late, and to my surprise there was a new wall being built.

I soon found Daive and he pulled me off to the side a filled me in on what was going on. It seems that a creature had moved in the old caverns and made it his new home. I then told him that we will set out come morning to investegate this to make sure that there was no way for it to get to the town and harm the towns folk. That night Daive had a feast prepaired for our return visit even though it wasn't the return he was expecting in that manner. We ate our fill and enjoyed the song and dance for it had been a long time coming. After awhile I told Cori that we needed to turn in to get our rest for the trip to the caverns, and we got up Cori went to his tent and I told Daive that we would see him come morning, then went to my tent for the night.

That night I could hear what seemed to be a very large creature in pain, mones and what sounded like cries coming from the caverns. The morning came quickly for I was not able to sleep much because of the noise, but none the less I had a job to do. I got up dawned all my weapons and met Cori at the breakfest table where we were fed Mutten and goats milk Cori's favorite and mine. After the fine breakfest we then said our good byes then set out to the caverns. along the way Cori had asked, Kal do you know when the Church will accept me for who I am? When will they not see the horrible race of my kind in me? I replied, I do not know my friend, you surely shown some that you are not like your kind and that you are a true Coveian, In my eyes you are like my mothers people, just keep you chin up, one day the Avatar will open their eyes so that they may see the good in you. With that Cori livened up and was eager to finish this job and return to what he now called home (Cove).

We soon arrived at the caverns and there was dead animals all around the entrance all half eaten and some just beheaded and left there to rot. I looked to Cori, this can't be what I think it is, this can't be a dragon that moved in to this place, we will have to be on our guard at all time incase it was that indeed. We drew our spears and quietly took to the shadows and moved in. By dropping a single coin on the way Cori was able to follow me and know where I was at all times. We move down what seemed for miles in, not knowing where this could be we took it nice and slow so that we would not disturb it incase it was sleeping, or layed waiting for something to catch its eyes.

We soon came to a big opening where we could feal the heat coming from some multen lave. I then stepped out of the shadows after seeing that there was nothing about and looked around more. My half elven eyes could see as good as Cori's elven eyes. We could see nothing about that ressembled a creature of any sort. I walked to the edge and looked down when all of a sudden something came up and like a flash I was knocked down and this loud Rawr came from what looked like a red dragon. Cori quickly puled me out of the beasts reach and stood at the ready. Worry not my friend I will not let it hurt you in any way, He said as I was hurting from broken ribs and a broken arm, my weapon arm.

The creature came out of the Lava without a scratch on it and looked at us as we were its next meal. Cori then told me to try to scoot back as much as I could so that we could try to excape this place and gather our Coveian Force to deal with this thing, But that was out of the question, the dragon somehow loosened the a fire ball at the entrance to the Cavern and brought the roof of it coming down trapping us inside with it. I looked around to see if there was another way out when it attacked, Cori fended it off with his spear as much as he could, as I move as far from it a possible.

The Dragon was fearce, Cori was doing all he could to keep it at bay. I did find a way out near the entrance that wasn't blocked off. I then signaled Cori and showed him but he was too much into the fight at hand. HE looked back and told me to get out, I then told him not without you, He then looked at me and said, I hope that the Church now sees the good in me after this, And with an evil grin he took off towards the Dragon Yelling FOR COVE, FOR THE AVATAR AND HUGO. All of a sudden I felt someone grab me and pull me through the hole. Several days had past when I awaken from my slumber, pain filled my body, armour was burned and ripped all over. I forced my self to get up with all the pain I almost wasn't able to. I limped out of the tent with my arm wrapped up in a splint and sling, ribs wrapped up and went looking for Cori.

Soon after see that Cori was not around Daive came up to see how I was doing, Ahh you are awake finally, I thought you would still be in bed resting. Where is Cori? I asked, His reply was slow but hurting none the less, Sir ShadowHand, Cori did not make it, I am sorry for your loss. I then returned to my tent with a sad heart thinking to my self, All Cori wanted was to be accepted for who he was not for what he was. A lone tear ran down my cheak and dropped on my knee, I will not let his death go invaine. He will be avenged, His name will be remembered to all that knew him.

I then layed back down to rest, I soon fell asleep. The next morning I was awaken to the sounds of people at work and taking care of their everyday life. I got up and my tent was filled with all kinds of gifts, and food that smelled like they were fit for a king. Daive came in soon after and asked if I wuld be joining them at the table this morning, Yes, I told him, I wll be right there. I slowly got up and made my way out and Daive was waiting for me just out side, You know Kal, Cori's death was not invaine, I loked at him, What do you meen? He replied, I went back to see if there was any signs of him and all I could see was a beheaded dragon, But it was now the natural beheaden you would think, it looks as if it had exploded. He infact killed the dragon which he lost his life as well and he will be known as a Hero in our town, His name will live on forever.

Several months had passed and I was finally healed and then desided to return to Cove, My beloved home. I set out without saying a word, the journey seemed to take forever, as I move about I now could see Coveian Shire I then knew I was home. I made my way to my home to find that it wasn't there any more, I looked around and no one was about so I headed to town and seen my uncle who was at the bank doing his normal haggling and he told me he move and built a new house near the water. With that I turned and set out with him leading the way, once we got there I went in and layed down to rest.

May you rest in peace My friend: You will be remembered, Nay worry about what the Churchies say you are a TRUE COVEIAN.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:18:55 pm by Kal Shadowhand » Logged

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 04:39:49 pm »

*makes a sign to Mandos and mutters* Another good soul has come to rest in the halls of mandos...A worthy death indeed.

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length