Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:57:00 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Hunt the Thief games report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hunt the Thief games report  (Read 2093 times)
Anthony Poena
« on: September 15, 2006, 10:54:16 pm »

Anthony sits down with a cold pitcher of water and rubs his still-sweaty palms on a cloth before setting quill to parchment...

Report on tonight's Hunt the Thief games.

Time: Around half past nine in the evening of the 15th.

Organised by Moraine DiGoraz, Covian Citizen.
In attendance: Dragoon Sergeant Joey Lanai
Officer Cadet Mela
Senior Guardsman Raiden Morana
Regular Guardsman Kurt
Regular Dragoon Hoagie
Junior Scout Kelly
Watchman Amy
Guardsman Recruit Snudrud
Guardsman Recruit Anthony Poena

We met at Cove Barracks and began a forced march to Minoc. Once we were there, we were instructed to place all our posessions except for clothing, armour and weapons included, into secure containers in the bank for safekeeping. We were then each given 500 gold and told to buy whatever armour, weapons and healing supplies we could with that from the local merchants and shopkeepers!

In our rag-tag, basic armour with unspectacular weapons, we met at the Covian Mine across the bridge from the town itself, and the rules were outlined! One of us had an item of worth, a fish statue, and we had to find it and take it by any means necessary! We were forbidden from using the more lethal attacks we knew, or any magic, holy or otherwise, and the scouts among us were forbidden from taking to the shadows, then we were set loose upon one another!

The skirmish was long and tiring! Some fell quickly or often, and others stood standing throughout, whether through staunch constitution or...er...discretion! As we ran in and around the mining camp, Sergeant Lanai yelled out that Senior Morana had the artifact, and in the confusion, his claim was believed, and we all bore down upon him! Once it was discovered that he did not, confusion reigned, until the game was called to a close and it was revealed that Sergeant Lanai had had the statue all along!

After the game ended, Sergeant Lanai collected his prize of gold, and revealed that he had taken a great pile of armour from other competitors. Mr. DiGoraz collected our opinions of the game, then we were free to return to Cove.

By Anthony Poena, Guardsman Recruit

A smaller note is pinned beneath in the same handwriting

I am sorry if I missed anyone attending, but in the confusion, excitement and exhaustion, I might have forgotten. If you were here and I did not mention you, please write your name below!
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 10:21:01 am »

A fine report recruit and a most enjoyable event Moraine.

I nay think I've run so much as when all ye buggers turned on meh!

Lies and slander! But nay one listened. *mutters*

He is a wily old fox tha' Sergeant o' Dragoons! *grins*

And the rest o' ye are far too impressionable. *chuckles*

But a most enjoyable time nonetheless.

*signed*

Raiden, Senior Grenadier.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 11:30:46 am »

Excellent Report for an Excellent event. Was there any doubt a Dragoon would win? While you lot were mindlessly bashing eachother to pieces we used tactics to pick off the right men at the right time and claim victory.

I suggest you all do the same next time if you want a chance at winning!

*Signed*
- Jo Lanai, Dragoon Sergeant

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length