Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 04:02:06 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Monday's Alliancestrike
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Monday's Alliancestrike  (Read 1949 times)
Hans Yreap(Grd)
« on: September 20, 2006, 08:49:59 pm »

Hiya Covies.

I would have posted this before but it's been a pretty hectic week.
I arranged(but didn't lead in-game) the strike on Cove Monday night.(long story)

To some extend it went exactly as I wanted it to. But I can't say I thought it all through.
Because what was a beautifully coordinated commandostrike when looked upon from our end, was pretty much just a showoff of how fast we could gank. I can't say I'm really proud of that part.

However I do think the plan is good and for that reason I'll post it below. I hope you can find inspiration either for(against?) us or for use in pvm(or the odd blue roleplay?) Huh

Also I'd like to pass on probs to Kev AKA Joey for a) allowing it to happen and b) not telling anyone so the element of suprise was retained.

Player of Hans Yreap and Ben Millers of Grd
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Target: Cove
Primary objective: Visibility.
Secondary objective: Capturing strategic enemy officers or other known criminals. Alive.

Stagingpoint: Northeast of the lake northeast of Cove main city(the largest of the lakes). This allows larger counterattacks to be spotted as visibility across a lake is greater than through a forest. It'll give you a headstart in a retreat. Just in case.

Roles(Alpabetic order)
Besiegers: The first to be seen by the enemy. They will take the initial blows, so they should consider the large shield even during the storm. Form and hold infront of the barracks. Do not persue. The Waywatchers will cover the imidiate threats. If there are more of those than Waywatchers then use firebombs.
Ironarms: The bulk paindoers. Follow the Besigerstorm ten to fifteen secondslater. Do not chase hostiles. Others will take care of that. Take down anyone who approaches the formation, but don't run after them.
Leader: Keep the men tight during the troop movement. Make sure the ironarms and the Marksmen reach the besiegers on time. Do not leave them behind. Don't hang around for their reinforcements to arrive. If the Waywatchers report that they are ready for the strike then depending on their numbers decide weather to retreat, go ahead as planned or perhaps all storm at once. Avoid a retreating during battle, but don't get them men killed either. Pick a second in command.
Marksmen: During the troopmovenets it is imperative that the troops armed for the melee stick with their commanding officer. Any sporatic skirmishes towards the strikeforce are to be shot down. Consider some sort of small fast-to-build wall while the Waywatchers are gathering you the needed intelligence so a counterattack is easier to escape. Storm with the Ironarms. Your general responsebility is the safety of the others during the marches and the storm. Once formed assist the Waywatchers in taking out missil or wytchattacks on the formation. From the formation. The Besiegers and the ironarms will handle any storm on the formation. It is possible that skirmishing Waywatchers will bring back a number of enemies. Prevent the Covians from moving if possible. Protecting the Waywatchers has higher priority than protecting the Besiegers so be ready to change aim direction.
Waywatchers: March ahead of the group to the lake. Make sure their way is clear. Do not engage unless you are absolutley beyond a doubt sure you will get them before they can sceam to warn others. Stay on the safe side.
Scout the area around the Cove barracks and report back on:
- How many hostiles?
- How many civilians?
- How many obvious wytches?
- Are they ready for the strike?
The Waywatchers will wait inside Cove while the Besiegers storm and serve as protection from anyone trying to break the besigerformation. Like wytches or archers. If you find yourself in a loosing battle then move out to the formation. The Marksmen will engage anyone trying to follow you. Force the enemy to move right past the formation if they wish to keep following you. Do not join the formation unless ordered specificly so by the commanding officer.

This plan is not the be let into the hands of the enemy. Make sure YOU know what your duty is and be prepared for others to do theirs. And respect your duties.
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 09:02:33 pm »

How organized!

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Hans Yreap(Grd)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 09:12:51 pm »

Thankyou. Smiley
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 10:25:55 pm »

One of your lot killed me! You big fat mofo!
I was drunk!

DRUNNNNKK!!!!
*Weeps dramatically*

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 10:28:05 pm »

Your still drunk? *Removes the belt from his pants* Get over here boy...

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 10:31:10 pm »

Mummy!!
*flees!*

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: