Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:52:23 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Searching for Kormek and his Gem. II
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Searching for Kormek and his Gem. II  (Read 1891 times)
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2006, 02:34:37 am »

In Attendance:
Mela Arkay, Officer Cadet - Leader
Shadwell, Commander
Joey Lanai, Dragoon Sergeant
Hoagie, Regular Dragoon
Thomas Sendrich, Regular Dragoon
Tiberius Kane, Regular Guardsman
Vince Valentine, Grenadier Sergeant
Raiden Morana, Senior Grenadier
Demarian TelVar, Regular Grenadier - Came late
Veldrin Niharel, Regular Guardsman - Came late
Desmond Kreiger, Watchman
Yella, Guardsman recruit - Left early
A random recruit (Dante Firelance GRD - Thanks for attending!)

Much to my surprise as we were randomly standing around outside the barracks we were approached by Kormek. This was quite shocking since I could have sworn we killed him last time, nevertheless he came with an offer and a good one it was. Apparently his short friend Jack had gone down a secret Ant hive which lead to Yew to smuggle some alcohol to Yew however he hadn't returned.

He said if we found his friend that in return he would tell us where one of the gem shards are. With a little research I found out that the gem we discovered was only a shard of The Gem of Pyros. Realizing that this wasn't a trap I decided to lead the men to the secret entrance and find 'Jack' or at the very least his remains.

Lining up the men i picked Tiberius to lead us to this secret Ant hole. Demarian decided to take his sweet time so I left him in the end. On arriving at the ant hole we jumped down (and painfully rolled across the floor) and I lined the men up. I then explained what we were going to be doing as only those who around when Kormek was wailing actually knew.

As we traveled deeper into the Ant hive we came across a large pit of sand. Of course being desperate for this shard I sent the men in looking for the journal but alas to no avail was it found and the men had sand-filled boots for no reason.

After some amount of time treeking through the maze like solen tunnels we came to the 'half way' point, a place where no hostile Ants dwell. I ordered the men to search for any clues but nothing but a large bottomed Ant Matriarch was found. We carried on our journey through the solen hive.

Finally, after ages of walking we came to it.. came to his friends deathbed. An eggfilled chamber with no other form of life. Body parts and insides were spread around the area and it smelt sickly of old blood. Grabbing the diary i wiped off all the gross bits of body and stowed it in my backpack.

By now we all wanted to leave. Heading towards the nearest exit we clambered out and then Veldrin gated us back to Cove. I spoke to Kormek who wailed miserably at his friends death and 'kindly' said I could keep his blood stained journal as well as the gemshard which he pulled from his pocket - Sneaky bugger! It was odd, while holding it I felt so miserable and sad, I wanted to cry and hide away.. and so I saw many others including Shadwell, The Baron and Event Veldrin felt the same. These shards must be investigated further!

Mela.E.Arkay
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 01:12:57 pm by Mela Arkay » Logged

Krieger
Head Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Rubs beard.*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 09:11:06 am »

Desmond Krieger,
Watchman!

On another note, ant bashin' was grand stuff! Certainly nay as bad as spiders.. *Shivers.*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length