Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:34:51 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  Of Perun..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Of Perun..  (Read 2280 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:08:30 am »

This is ooc information that gives a little insight into Perun's past.

She has never mentioned this information to anyone. No-one knows much of her past not even her friend Raiden.

Of Perun...

I hid in the shadows. It’s where I have lived my life since I left this place 3 years ago.

I watched the servants scurrying around the courtyard of what was once my father’s estate, not out of devotion to duty as they did in my father’s time but in fear of punishment from my uncle Silas.

I moved swiftly and stealthily towards the sandstone villa that I once called home and that I once called hell. My new uniform and cape merging me well against the dust and sandstone outhouses.

I heard a shout from the gate and spun swiftly with knife in hand, it seemed my uncle was returning from his hunt. My mind wandered back to when my father would return from his trips as an emissary. He would sweep me up in his arms and hold me close, the sweet smell of his scented hair dizzying me. Then I remembered how my uncle would return on days such as this and slobber over me, the stench of stale sweat and the harshness of his touch making me wretch.

We shall embrace one final time uncle I thought as he heaved his bulk from the pony and barked orders to all around him. A frail figure came from the villa only yards from where I crouched in the shadow of a potted tree.

Mother.

She looked old beyond her years, not yet forty she looked nearly sixty. My father’s death had taken its toll but so had living with my uncle these past six years. I pitied her standing there but felt little love towards her. She knew the man my uncle was and still accepted him as her protector and denied my claims as a daughter.

She went out to meet him in the courtyard as I slipped inside and made my way quietly upstairs. I glanced from a window long enough to see him shoo her away and flail at the servants who fussed around him.

I made my way to the bath room and found a hide and waited. I could feel my face hardening into a snarl. I knew it wouldn’t be long. A young servant girl entered and started to fill the bath. I calmed myself waiting for my mark, the girl too if I had to.

As he entered. I struggled to control my rage. I had to stay professional. The girl bowed her head. He dropped his robe and made to unclip the brooch that held the girl’s tunic in place. I sprang from the shadows, my elbow thundered into the girl’s temple. She never knew what hit her. She was unconscious before she hit the tiled floor.

Before he could raise the alarm my hand flashed across his throat. Eyes wide, gasping for breath he fell back into a heavy wooden chair. Blood sprayed across my leather tunic in a plume of claret as his life force began to ebb away.

He tried to rise and my booted foot slammed into his chest and pinned him in the chair. The poison was starting to take effect, his body shook. I crouched down infront of him and tore off my hood. I smiled evily at the surprise in his eyes when he saw my face.

I waited until every last drop of life had left him. Maybe I shouldn’t have, it was a fatal wound, my training taught me otherwise, but I stayed and stared in satisfaction until the floor turned red and his body was nothing but a pale carcass.

My window for escape was growing ever smaller. I could here the hustle and bustle of servants around the villa now and knew I had little time. I managed to make my way out the back and into the orchard where my father’s tomb lay.

I knelt in the shadow of the tomb and pressed my forehead against the cool marble. I knew my uncle’s body would be discovered at any moment but I needed a few seconds to myself.

A few seconds too many, I heard the footsteps too late. As I spun around I was faced by my mother. I looked into her eyes and felt myself begin to sob. I removed my hood for a second time and dropped to my knees. I needed her then as I had needed her before.

She looked at me as cold as ever. What had I ever done? I loved father as much as she.

I never heard her first call for the guards. I blinked the tears away in disbelief as she called them a second time. She never had chance for a third, my green tinted blade glinted in the sunshine and she fell at my feet.

I did not wait a second time. I faded into my surroundings and made my escape.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 08:16:35 pm »

Great story man... Ace

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 07:00:44 am »

Cheers mate, glad you liked it!

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length