Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:07:54 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Recruit Trial: Darath
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Trial: Darath  (Read 3373 times)
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2005, 09:50:44 am »

*A man wearing a apron covered in dough and flour comes running into the barracks waving his arms around franticly and jumping up and down*

Oh no! Oh my! Oh dear! Oh avatar!! I need help and quickly!

The mayor of Cove, Thomas Estbury ordered a feast from my shop! Can you believe this?! My shop! Its such an honour I can’t even begin to describe it.

*The man puts his hands together and seems to be day dreaming for a short while before shaking his head violently a few times and looking back at you*

Now this is a good thing! But every chef in Sosoria knows that there is just no pleasing the mayor.
Anyway the reason I’m panicking here is because the Mayor has been known to drive the small shops of bakers such as myself into the ground if he didn’t like the food! he’ll ruin me if he’s not pleased! Ruin I tell you!
I got things old scroll here from my granddaddy explaining how to make one of his legendary cakes… problem is I only made it once and the ingredients are.. strange!

*The man digs around in his pocket and pulls out a scroll with the Barons seal on it*

Now this here orders one of you recruit folk to help me so help you shall! This being a meat pie it will need two sorts of meat one of them isn’t hard to come by.. But the other… ohhh brother!

You see I need atleast seven good sized chunks of meat from a Titan and I’ll need the whole corpse… and I do mean the whole corpse! Of a phoenix. I know I know what you probably heard about them… cannot be killed immortal yadayada. Well I want that bird in my cake so you’d better get it for me!

Now for the topping I’m going to need some berries.. And not just any ordinary kind of berries.. I need those blue berries that those strange talking people seem to love so much.

*The man turns around and lifts a finger* And remember to get this done before the mayor arrives or I’ll take you down with me!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:52:22 pm »

Good to hear that the Mayor is still around, at least. *chuckles*
Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 07:30:28 pm »

* Darath walks up to the notice board and reads the post*

'Theve got to be joking.....'

'Risking my hide for pies for the Mayor ?!'

'Bah!'

*Grunts and walks off shaking his head*

Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 01:14:47 am »

*Darath walks up to the board, chuckling ruefully as he places this report*

Report: Pies for the mayor

A cold dank and dreary morning it was when I set off to forefill my quest of the utmost importance; the Mayor needed ingredients for a pie. So on I trudged, my face set in a cold and determined grimace. First I was to travel to the mysterious lands known as Ishlenshadolfblablalssfghar  (the pronunciation and spelling has been argued by scholars for many years) where I knew many a corrupt magic user to reside.

And right I was! Many flying things with wings and eyes and…daemons many daemons I fought through to reach the ancient titans nest where they lay their eggs. Soon I was doing battle with one of these great beasts, hacking relentlessly as it spewed fourth corrupt words that caused the very air around me to explode in flame! (Included a small picture I have)

But fell it did and I went about cutting the choicest rump meat from it. Seven of these beats I did defeat and butcher until my pack was loaded with their fine cuts. Not far did I have to travel next as (as I’m sure you all well know) the savages who cultivate the rare and sweet blue berries are the children of titans and Cyclopes. Therefore many there were around.

Instead of force this time I used stealth, treading within the deepest shadows and stealing many berries when they looked away.

Finally came my hardest test. Only once had I ever encountered one of these rare beats, defeated one I did to complete my induction to the ranks of the South Beach Mercenary company.

Remembered I did the distance cave nestled within soaring mountains, crafted and maintained by the elemental of fire. Travelled there I did next and stumbled though the scorching heat to face once again the toughest of foes. Long and hard was the fight. The Phoenix, like the titan, was a corrupt magic user and this coupled with the excruciating heat almost had me beaten. However my mighty axe prevailed and soon I was running with all speed back to cove, to insure that the corpse did not spoil!

Delivered the foodstuffs have been!

Signed

Darath Mithar

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 01:23:45 am »

A most.. Heroic tale.

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):