Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 04:57:10 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Falconheart using a poison arrow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Falconheart using a poison arrow  (Read 2764 times)
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2006, 04:47:12 am »

Hi everyone!

Yesterday during our gate sentry in Cove we suddenly came under attack. On the quest of beating back this attack one of the players from the other guild accused me of using a poisoned arrow.
I did not use a poisoned arrow, in fact all I used was the secondary special move on the elven composite bow known as "serpent arrow".
this move consists of firing a poisonous snake at your opponent. As this move requires mana like any other special move I dont think it is illegal, And like any other move you dont always succeed.
Now if specials moves in period i.e "bleed attack" , "concussion blow" etc are illegal then in indeed my attack was illegal and I appoligize for it.
But I cant find anything on the site prohibiting special moves.

*signed* in game character "Falconheart"

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Kazuo Shinrai
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 08:52:21 am »

As far as I know the current RoE doesn't forbid the use of serpent arrow.
However, I do think you need at least 70 poisoning before you are allowed that special move (as it with all poison-based attacks). Best take this up with a command member though.

Other than that, most RoE banned moves are in the bushido/necromancy class, which are both not allowed in BoC.

-edit-
Yes, Kasei is currently the only samurai but he originated from a samurai guild named the Kotodama so an exception was made for this character. However, it still means he has to limit his skills. Lightning strike is strictly forbidden in CoRE.
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 09:00:11 am »

As far as I know the current RoE doesn't forbid the use of serpent arrow.
However, I do think you need at least 70 poisoning before you are allowed that special move (as it with all poison-based attacks). Best take this up with a command member though.

Other than that, most RoE banned moves are in the bushido/necromancy class, which are both not allowed in BoC.

Well I dont want to whine or rant...but there aint that many special moves worth anything with the archery skill. And the bleed attack to my opinion is quite more effective then the serpent arrow well  imho

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 11:20:44 am »

I'm no archery expert, but I *think* 70 poisoning is required even though you don't need to poison the arrow as with melee poisoning. 

Concussion, bleed etc are all fine. 
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 11:37:37 am »

I'm no archery expert, but I *think* 70 poisoning is required even though you don't need to poison the arrow as with melee poisoning. 

Concussion, bleed etc are all fine. 

I bet they are all fine with you guys *smirks*

Anthony Poena
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 04:27:14 pm »

Coming from an experienced CoRE archer and a UO mechanics addict, I'd have to point out some things about Serpent Arrow. Firstly, to the best of my knowledge, it is banned. This is because of the second thing, the mechanics. Regardless of your poisoning skill you can get between lesser and deadly poison with the weapon. Some sources state that your poisoning skill dictates the likelihood of inflicting a more powerful level of poison, whereas others state that it is the same likelihood regardless. Studies have been carried out by a number of players but I cannot find them on Stratics. IIRC, serpent arrow and lightning arrow are both banned. While I may be wrong about Serp Arrow being banned, I am certain about Lightning arrow. It is certain that if it is NOT banned you will be required to have 70 poisoning for the right to use the special move. I would in any case advise that you not use it until you get definite word from a GM consensus.
userjosh5368
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 04:59:21 pm »

Well lkets put it this way poison is restircted to scouts only all others ain't allowed.

You want some more info contact me on my icq

Player of dem
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 08:20:12 pm »

Hi everyone!

Yesterday during our gate sentry in Cove we suddenly came under attack. On the quest of beating back this attack one of the players from the other guild accused me of using a poisoned arrow.
I did not use a poisoned arrow, in fact all I used was the secondary special move on the elven composite bow known as "serpent arrow".
this move consists of firing a poisonous snake at your opponent. As this move requires mana like any other special move I dont think it is illegal, And like any other move you dont always succeed.
Now if specials moves in period i.e "bleed attack" , "concussion blow" etc are illegal then in indeed my attack was illegal and I appoligize for it.
But I cant find anything on the site prohibiting special moves.

*signed* in game character "Falconheart"

1. Serpent arrow = poisoned arrow if I'm correct, at least in IG terms.
2. Infectious strike is also a special move, I think you're referring to pre AoS poison.
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 09:26:29 pm »

Further discussion on this will be taken up on ICQ.

-Locked-

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length