Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:03:03 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  Earth Serpent Fang II
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Earth Serpent Fang II  (Read 2599 times)
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2006, 08:21:38 pm »

The murky swamp crawled with hungry crocodiles... I dove in myself only to see thousands of six foot long crocodiles lurking at the bottom... asleep, or so it seemed.  After almost four days of having absolutely no food and nothing but swamp water... my insanity subsided.  I grabbed a rock in the middle of the river, and what I remember is wrapping my arms around it and pulling myself over it.  I sat on the rock and began to hallucinate.. or perhaps I was just seeing what Avatar had meant for me to see.  I saw a deer, with a serpents tail.. as I sat on the rock in the miles of damp, moist, humid swamp I saw my first vision...

The deer spoke to me, he told me not to fear him... that he was no threat to me unless I provoked him.   He explained to me that he was Asineah's a prophet of Avatar.. that he was wise beyond recognition... He told me that he saw I was a righteous man, but that my heretical behavior had killed my wife and child.... I began to sob into the black water... to vomit when I remembered the deeds done to my family.  But Asineah's told me that there was a way to redeem my faith.. Avatars word must not be spread by violence, merely by free thought and liberty.  That Avatar wished for all Humans, Elves and even Orcs to simply live off the land...

I cursed Asineah's for his endless wisdom. "Demon why do you plague my mind!? I am but a philosopher on the brink of Insanity!  Let me die in peace! Let my soul be with Avatar! And not you're haggard demonic legions!  But Asineah's coaxed me, he put his hoof around my back and told me that he was surely not a minion of the Guardian... this is where I wrote my first.. document..  You see listeners, Asineah's told me that the current Covian Avatari Church is now run by Heretics... Asineah's told me that I must gain revenge... and that only the enlightened could assist me in ridding cove of opression and TRUE HERESY!

All at once my visions stopped... I remember feeling a sense of utter fear on the rock.  The Crocodiles and Alligators swam around me.. I remembered what Asineah's had told me.  I knew the swamps well, many a time I had come with my wife crab fishing in these very swamps.  I more or less knew the sand bars in the murky waters, I darted for the nearest wooded area and panted as I reached it, blood dripping from my nose like a fountain. 

I immediately turned my body towards the woods, but what I saw was a little town... nothing big.  Certainly not a big city like Vesper..even Minoc was bigger in Comparison.  But as I entered I began to grin.. this was Cove, the beautiful town that Asineah's had bid me to free.  The small wooden houses and buildings were beautiful to me, I immediately spoke to a lad named Dyrvil who told me that I was a strong enough lad to get a good job in the Covian Army.  As I walked with Dyrvil to the Barracks I saw the dreaded Covian Church... I sneered at the black cloaked inquisitor at it's doors... *Demon* I whispered under my breath. 

I tried to feel my once skinny chin only to see that I had a giant beard.  "How long was I in those blasted woods!" I thought in my head.  I went to the recruitment office and was signed up by Joey Lanai, an opressive but remarkably intelligent Covian with a "Lord British Complex"  from the sight of me he idealized me as some sort of stupid drunken peasant, and I played along almost to forget my past.  Yes Sah! No Sah! Aye Sah' I chop deh Feckin lumbah' mistah sah!  The man believed me, what could I say.. I had studied in the Minocian theater.

I joined cove and immediately my alcoholism struck me to it's worst possible point... but on one night I went to the swaggers inn and got horrificaly drunk.  I began to walk to the covian wood, to walk to Sarah's pleasant cottage... Thinking that she was in fact still alive, that the terrible nightmare I had survived was merely a dream plaguing my pensive mind.  A hooded cloaked figure in a Covian uniform approached me.  He took me to his home and bade me drink tea laced with nightshade, my drunken state left me as I sipped the bitter drink.

He told me that he was Kal Shadowhand, a legend in the Covian literature I had read, a rebel against the Covian church in past times.  He told me that his son had also been killed by the Covian Church, that he was once a rebel, but now cowered in submission and fear to the mighty power of the Covian Church.  I told him of Asineah's, of the Earth Serpent Fang prophecy.  He bade me farewell, almost as if to let me die in the woods at night, he wished not to speak of the matter at all.

I walked back through the Covian wilderness, unsatisfied.  My mind raced with thought of death, my prophecy was probably NOT going to come true.  But before my door a white fang was painted in chalk, with the word "LIBERTY" scrawled underneath it.. I smiled and went to sleep.  The next morning Kal stood outside my door, I bade him to enter my home and have some tea, but immediately he told me that he wanted none, he had but one thing to tell me.

Conan, I wish to be a part of the Prophecy.  I smirked and looked about my tiny home for a blade, but out of nowhere Kal's bicep begin to fizzle, sizzle and eventually lit aflame!  Afterwards, a Fang was carved in his bicep, "You are the Fang.. I am the Serpent"  Kal smirked and raised his chin.  But who represents Earth Dragen M'aein?  I smiled and patted him on the shoulder.  We shall have to wait and see Fang.. we shall have to wait and see.

WELL, if you enjoyed that one i'll do three.  Although im hoping to get some more positive feedback like I did with #1 please give honest opinions.  Was it better/worse?

Thanks mates, Kevin player of Conan Darkmoon.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 11:25:26 pm »

Hmmm *scratches chin as he sits here at supply on a weekend, bored out of his mind* Hmmm I like it, and I want more! If you dont right more I will.... Order a million nuts and bolts to be dropped at your door! I can do it!! Im with Supply! haha! But truly I like this story, and since Myself and my character both dislike the church and its minions I like it all the more!! Cheesy good show mate!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 01:23:18 am »

Bump, still need some feedback.
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 04:06:33 pm »

Very well written. Gives the Erath Serpent Fang a purpose and a goal.

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length