Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:33:04 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Guarding the Shire
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guarding the Shire  (Read 2676 times)
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2006, 03:09:38 am »

Lead by:
Hoagie, Officer Cadet

Attending:
Tiberius, Regular Guardsman
Mela, Scout Corporal
Mikaela, Watchman
Del'Zar, Watchman
Averion, Watchman

As Raiden was unable to attend, I agreed to stand in for him, and supervise his "Guarding the Shire" duty. Although I was happy to do this for him, it would prove to be a mistake. I gathered some troops at the barracks, and briefed them as to the plan. We were to construct a sentry at the gates of Cove Town, and man it for a short while. Then pairs would be sent out to patrol the key locations of the Shire, and report back with any findings. Unfortunately, we would not get this far.

With crates and hides kindly supplied by Scout Corporal Mela, and a little poking provided by me, the gathered guardsmen set to constructing a sentry at the Cove Gates. The sentry was constructed slowly, but was of a sound form, and was sure to stand up to attacks from Brigands, or the wandering troll.

A short time passed uneventfully, with only light banter between the attending guardsmen to provide any distraction from the boredom of staring into space. Just as I began telling the guardsmen how we would carry out the patrol section of the duty, a horde of undead charged the sentry.

Although we were armed, the undead ad the advantage of numbers, and the element of surprise on their side. In a short time, they overpowered us, and fled into the night. We had just regrouped and began checking for injuries, and prepared to reinforce the sentry, when the undead horde ran from the woods again, tearing down the walls with ruthless efficiency. Already in our weakened state, we had no way of defending ourselves, so with the final crack of the last piece of wood, they were gone into the night once more.

When the dust had settled, we checked ourselves for wounds, and returned to the barracks, where I dismissed the guardsmen.

The lesson to be learned from this blunder is:

Be careful! Attack could come at any time, and they WILL NOT wait for you to prepare!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 03:28:24 am »

I'm glad to hear that none of you have been killed!  Sometimes Cowardice can be a virtue, next time perhaps wait for more reinforcements to arrive or ambush the Undead Hordes. Most of them are none too bright, and can easily be outflanked.  From what ive noticed in battle, these Undead generally only do well when they have a barricade, or when they are in fact the first to attack.

You do what you want, just trying to give you some tips.

*Signed* Conan M'aein Darkmoon
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 03:36:43 am »

They WERE the first to attack. There was no cowardice involved, and it's impossible to set an ambush for something you're unprepared for. I've listed the reasons for our defeat in the report, so don't try to tell me how to fight.

Other than that, appreciated.

*Signed*

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 08:06:28 am »

Well done lads and lasses!

I'm sure ye dented the deadites numbers so that they could cause nay trouble or mischief around Cove.

Wish I could 'av been there meself! *sneezes*

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 10:10:45 am »

You even read that report, Morona?

They got dented themselves! Cove has lost it's faith and that is why the Guardian has returned to Cove.

Doomed, I tell you!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
userjosh5368
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 12:16:02 pm »

*Nods* Without the church cove will fall to the guardian! Ive seen it before!

We must act my friends join the clergy and learn the ways!

Signed
Demarian
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length